greensleeves
Flat_Track_Bully
Greenskin
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:34 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It is a crap draw no doubt, but am I the only one that's sort of pleased we haven't got a money spinner, because whatever money we make, we know, won't be going to strengthen the team.
Yes but the more money that is made, the more that is freed up to go on the team. At the moment Brent has had to bail us out by loaning us money every half season because we can't meet historical repayments. A big draw would finally help put an end to that awful situation of having to borrow from Peter to pay back Paul and finally reduce the debts we owe.

Fingers crossed we beat Vale then get a good draw in the 4th round for that very reason but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:50 am

GreenSam wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It is a crap draw no doubt, but am I the only one that's sort of pleased we haven't got a money spinner, because whatever money we make, we know, won't be going to strengthen the team.
Yes but the more money that is made, the more that is freed up to go on the team. At the moment Brent has had to bail us out by loaning us money every half season because we can't meet historical repayments. A big draw would finally help put an end to that awful situation of having to borrow from Peter to pay back Paul and finally reduce the debts we owe.

Fingers crossed we beat Vale then get a good draw in the 4th round for that very reason but I doubt it.

I would call that an incorrect statement of fact Sam, Brent is having to lend HIS club that he owns money every half season so that he can asset strip it for his own personal gain. This situation arose because he was supported in a club takeover which was massively underfunded.
Ps. I told you so.  pig 
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 am

Iggy wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

I would call that an incorrect statement of fact Sam, Brent is having to lend HIS club that he owns money every half season so that he can asset strip it for his own personal gain. This situation arose because he was supported in a club takeover which was massively underfunded.
Ps. I told you so.  pig 
Well that's just two ways of looking at the same thing, not a factual correction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:48 am

So, what kind of draw would it take to substantially reduce the club debt? Man Ure away? What is the debt amount and who to? It's not all owed to Mr.Brent, surely!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 10:57 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
So, what kind of draw would it take to substantially reduce the club debt? Man Ure away? What is the debt amount and who to? It's not all owed to Mr.Brent, surely!
Well the club haven't released the full figures but the best guess is that most of it is to historic pre-Brent creditors with a lower but non unsubstantial amount to Brent for loaning us the creditor money that we couldn't afford to pay since he took over.

A Man United esque draw would be very helpful to reduce debt levels but by no means put us out of the woods and to be honest probably not close to it. All based on cigarette packet maths so please don't take me as gospel but it can't be too far wrong based on the basic maths we have been made aware of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:30 am

a big team at home would have brought in more revenue then all the home games put together in the league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:45 am

Get the Trust ready for a club bail out Sam because if the clusterfuck doesn't go ahead we will be in administration quicker than you can say quivering lip. I would suggest that without the Brent loans we would be insolvent, but don't worry it's all the fault of the M7.  jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Angry wrote:

a big team at home would have brought in more revenue then all the home games put together in the league.

raised eyebrow   scratch 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

raised eyebrow    scratch 

clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:25 pm

17500 seats x £20 = £350,000 plus £60,000 for sky tv if televised (I've been generous with the revenue generated but it would be less because of kids and consessions) you must be factoring in a lot of pasty sales and corporate earnings, are you James Brent?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:45 pm

I think our capacity at present is 12,600 (minus segregation) for the horseshoe, plus around 3,000 in the grandstand?

I think the split in revenues for the FA Cup is 40%-40%-20%...Home team-Away team-the FA.

So in real terms our net income would be 40% of takings from a gate of around 15,000. This equates to an 'all-pay' gate of 6,000 adults OAP's & kids.

In other words, hardly a cash bonanza.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:09 pm

not the draw I was ex[ecting,
hardly gonna make money off Stokes reserve side.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 4:00 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Well the club haven't released the full figures but the best guess is that most of it is to historic pre-Brent creditors with a lower but non unsubstantial amount to Brent for loaning us the creditor money that we couldn't afford to pay since he took over.

A Man United esque draw would be very helpful to reduce debt levels but by no means put us out of the woods and to be honest probably not close to it. All based on cigarette packet maths so please don't take me as gospel but it can't be too far wrong based on the basic maths we have been made aware of.

It was reckoned Exeter made close on a million from their away tie at OT and home replay.

Does anyone know details of the football creditor repayment plan? Thought it was £5M over 5 years including £3M bubble payment at end.
I thought repayments meant playing budget was supposed to be dropped by equivalent to losing 2,000 from gate, which would go some way to explaining inability to complete with "the likes of...." for players.

If JB is loaning money to meet repayment plan where is the income going and more importantly how is he going to meet the £3M bubble payment especially as the additional £1-2M revenues from the stand (stop laughing at the back) look to be a year late at best?

I think he's thought about buying back the ground more than he is letting on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 6:34 pm

If we beat vale, man yoo citeh arse and chelsea all away and beat spurs in the final, speccy would still build his mini stand and we would still be signing bury reserves, speccy will Never invest in the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
If we beat vale, man yoo citeh arse and chelsea all away and beat spurs in the final, speccy would still build his mini stand and we would still be signing bury reserves, speccy will Never invest in the team.

You may be a tad optimistic there, SS68.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle...ahhhhhhh the 'magic' of the FA Cup.Then the big companies televise Arsenal v Tottenham...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 10:03 am

If we beat Port Vale all the murals will have to re done with BJ riding his white charger into the history books!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Moved to the Sunday 3PM KO.  jocolor   jocolor   jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3