Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
GreenWhiteBlack
Freathy
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle vs Port Vale Empty
PostSubject: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:21 am

I'm off to the game today.

The sun is out in Plymouth - not too many clouds about Very Happy a perfect September afternoon.

Griffiths is out, Lowry still out but Bhasera seems OK to play. Port Vale are 3rd in the league have won one and lost one away but they've scored 13 in 5 games so far. Look out for striker Tom Pope who hit 4 against Rotherham and has bagged 6 so far in 5 league games.

For us it looks like Madjo will get his full debut, Bhasera should play but Griffiths is out along with Cowan-Hall, Chadwick and Lowry.
Unfortunately, sensiblegreeny is also out through injury as he's done his back in - either that or my Mum has asked him to do something and he wants to get out of it. Sensible misses the game so there won't be any fruity mentos or wine gums available.

My prediction is 2-0 to the Argyle cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:39 am

I'm starting to think that Griffiths is not going to be a regular feature for us.

His injury wasn't meant to be that bad and so far this season he's played a 20 minute cameo and that's all. I would love to see him have a few games to gauge how good he is.

Madjo to start? Or will Fletch set-up defensively again with Feeney up front by himself?

When I read SG has a back back and your Mum had asked him to do something, I had a horrible image of him jumping off the wardrobe in his batman costume whilst your Mum was handcuffed to the bedpost affraid but then I read the next line and actually sighed with relief.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:43 am

I don't even count Griffiths as an Argyle player. The bloke will feature for us so little I think he'll end up having his contract cancelled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:54 am

Greenjock wrote:
When I read SG has a back back and your Mum had asked him to do something, I had a horrible image of him jumping off the wardrobe in his batman costume whilst your Mum was handcuffed to the bedpost affraid but then I read the next line and actually sighed with relief.

It's more likely to be something like shelving or walking 8 miles to Lidl as they have slightly cheaper apples than the shop down the road. Luckily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:06 am

Greenjock wrote:
I'm starting to think that Griffiths is not going to be a regular feature for us.

His injury wasn't meant to be that bad and so far this season he's played a 20 minute cameo and that's all. I would love to see him have a few games to gauge how good he is.

Madjo to start? Or will Fletch set-up defensively again with Feeney up front by himself?

What are you on today GJ after your perceptive gambling at Torquay.

I can't see Argyle winning and I can see Vale scoring. Torn between laying Argyle on Betfair or going whole hog for a Vale win. Might have an outside tickle on the handicap for Vale to win by 2 or more. Vale have scored 3 goals or more 3 times this season already and their goal difference is +7. As you say on an earlier thread its amazing to think they are still in administration Wink

Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:30 am

Tom Popes goal scoring record was horrific before last weekend, it wont be happening again.

Ill go for 2-1 to us, pretty confident, dont know why!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:56 am

Nick Wall wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

What are you on today GJ after your perceptive gambling at Torquay.

I can't see Argyle winning and I can see Vale scoring. Torn between laying Argyle on Betfair or going whole hog for a Vale win. Might have an outside tickle on the handicap for Vale to win by 2 or more. Vale have scored 3 goals or more 3 times this season already and their goal difference is +7. As you say on an earlier thread its amazing to think they are still in administration Wink

I hate betting against Argyle. Almost every time I do we lose and I feel a bit grubby gaining from it.

I do think there will be goals today, but with Paddy Power it's only evens for 2.5 or more goals, and 9/4 for over 3.5 and that's not really great value imo.

Port Vale might be overrated because of last weeks win, seeing as it's still early in the season and you get some funny results early in the season, so I actually think we're not a bad price at almost 2-1 to win, but I've had a couple of silly bets, 2-1 to us at 9-1, Port Vale half-time us full time at 30-1 because we seem to play one decent half which will hopefully be the second half, and ATD's own Robbie Williams anytime scorer at 10-1. All small stakes for a bit of fun.

I've done Hull, Fulham, Blackburn, Middlesboro and Fleetwood in an accy, pays 38-1, and 10 trebles on those games. I think Blackburn at 6-4 to beat Bristol City is a giveaway so I've had a biggish bet on that as a single.

I had 4 out of 5 in a super yankee at Doncaster yesterday which gave me a nice win, and on Thursday I had a tenner each-way on a 14-1 winner, so doing well this week. My two horses today are Jakes Destiny in the first and Martin Chuzzlewit in the last at Doncaster, eachway singles and double Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Top result during the week, well done.

I'm on Blackburn, Swansea and I've laid Fulham in a treble. Swansea at 5/2 to beat Villa looks a great bet, as does everything 2 hours before kick off.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 pm

To those going to CT cabal before the match. Have a good 'un! Keep me in the loop and you can email me with the minutes of the meeting as usual now its all working again. Ta! Wink

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Top result during the week, well done.

I'm on Blackburn, Swansea and I've laid Fulham in a treble. Swansea at 5/2 to beat Villa looks a great bet, as does everything 2 hours before kick off.

Aint that the truth Crying or Very sad I thought Swansea were good value too, but I have a feeling Villa will start picking up soon. I rate Lambert as a manager, and I thought Fulham would easily beat WBA, funny how people see things differently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:29 pm

4-5-1 with Feeney up front on his own again Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:47 pm

I was listening to the excellent podcast "The Football Ramble" during the week and they were discussing Scotland. Their view was that if you're not going to give it a go at home then you may as well give up.

You'll never pick up enough points away from home if you're not adventurous at home.

That formation with Feeney up front should be illegal. Its a slap in the face for the punters and admits that you believe that your players are inferior and most tellingly admits that you've haven't got the ability to devise an attacking formation to play "in administration" Port Vale.

Its nothing short of a disgrace. Away from home maybe, at home within the same division...never.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 2:50 pm

I actually have a slight tinge of guilt today. Just finished work, and I could, in theory, get to the game.

BIG problem though. I'd be sober as a judge, and I just cannot face it. Crying or Very sad

A sunny garden, cold Rattler in the fridge, with occasional forays into the lounge for Soccer Saturday is tipping the scales for me.

I feel dirty. I also do believe I'm losing the faith... Sad
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Wotton back in side. Looks like 4-5-1 with feeney up front, macdonald on right. Griffiths missing again. Port Vale in awful pink kit.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:06 pm

Looks like they've got a kids football team in to make family enclosure fuller. Would be less than 50 without the team. Lots of empty seats. Devonport quite empty.

Port vale player booked for late challenge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:10 pm

The Port Vale away kit was chosen by a poll they ran online, and it was hijacked by Stoke City fans who all voted for pink Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Nobody in the chatroom?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:13 pm

feck me, why can't they concentrate on the game? I don't want to hear about Webbys and IJN's fishing trip from Sparksy, or Webb slagging off fans on messageboards for daring to have an opinion, who can't or choose not to attend games!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Argyle keeping possession in midfield but no real penetration in attack. Ball passed around then hoofed up front.
Forza merde quite loud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Time to switch the radio off. I can't listen to that chav prick & his propaganda any longer Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Yesssssssssssssssss
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:19 pm

The ATD man does it again.....
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Good inswinging free kick from hourihane on right. Keeper mis punched wide. Argylr corner punched away

Robbie williams grass cutter from 30 yards GOAl!
Back to top Go down

Get in there Robbie!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 3:20 pm

I backed him at 10-1 anytime scorer Very Happy but he was 33-1 first scorer Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Port Vale
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next