Dougie
greensleeves
Flat_Track_Bully
Greenskin
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:06 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It is a crap draw no doubt, but am I the only one that's sort of pleased we haven't got a money spinner, because whatever money we make, we know, won't be going to strengthen the team.
No, because only someone who delights in fellow Argyle fans not being happy would want to deny a good day out for some extremely loyal supporters.

Shit draw, no doubt, but we could have done with an "Exeter draw"
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:03 pm

I can honestly say I preferred Dorking away to Arsenal at the Emirates
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Dougie wrote:
you are quite mad or nool in disguise which is it albino albino albino albino 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Not what I had hoped for, I was rooting hard for Carlisle or Hartlepool away, but it'll do. Now what would really be good would be if it went to a replay and you went out knowing that the winners were going to Old Trafford in the next round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:19 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Not what I had hoped for, I was rooting hard for Carlisle or Hartlepool away, but it'll do. Now what would really be good would be if it went to a replay and you went out knowing that the winners were going to Old Trafford in the next round.
Who did u get in the third round mate ?
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:26 am

When can I buy the commemorative t-shirt and friendship scarf?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:24 am

Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:
you are quite mad or nool in disguise which is it albino albino albino albino 

I'll go for mad.  But the truth of the matter is I definitely enjoyed the former more than the latter.  I would obviously prefer to be playing Arsenal twice a season in League games and it's soul detroying that we remain closer to playing Dorking home and away than any team in the Premier League.

In the same way my favourite game this season was the FA Youth Cup game at Colchester. Go figure. Mad I tell thee.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:53 am

Nearly all of the away games when the vast bulk of the tickets get snaffled by season ticket holders are rubbish in terms of enjoyment and Arsenal was a very good example of that. Absolutely thousands of Argyle fans there and it was all a bit dead. Games at St James' Park are the same.

By the way I think we hold the records for taking the most away fans ever to both Highbury and The Emirates. Which is very odd when you think about it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:59 am

and Peterborough I would have thought.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Nearly all of the away games when the vast bulk of the tickets get snaffled by season ticket holders are rubbish in terms of enjoyment and Arsenal was a very good example of that. Absolutely thousands of Argyle fans there and it was all a bit dead. Games at St James' Park are the same.

By the way I think we hold the records for taking the most away fans ever to both Highbury and The Emirates. Which is very odd when you think about it.

That's because not very many Gooners wanted to watch Argiggle  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:31 pm

ejh wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

My team will get Plymouth Argyle in every round until they are out.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Could be matched or bettered in this season's 3rd round.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 3:04 pm

BIL is a Vale van and also a right cnut.

What an absolute turd of a draw for us
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
BIL is a Vale van and also a right cnut.

What an absolute turd of a draw for us

Fought Heaney was an apples and pears cockerney type.....
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Oh well,no super tie for Argyle in this season's FA CUP  Crying or Very sad 

Rather more like knocked out against League One Port Vale Sad   

Still,there is the League Two campaign to be going on with  sarcasm
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 7:53 pm

There is a faint chance we could get through to face Rochdale in round four.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:22 am

So no one fancies an upset then?  cheers jocolor 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:52 am

Dougie wrote:

I use to dork away. Probably why my fist marriage went to rat-sh*t. Razz 
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:00 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Think I've said it before but midweek away games in and around London are always the best for atmosphere. The noise we create at Exeter is non existent due to all the old git season ticket holders (no offence to any old timers here  Razz )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 11:33 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

That's totally unfair

Argyle dont ever get to revel in supporting Exeter's opposition because they can't get into the third round.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:31 pm

ejh wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

That's totally unfair

If someone told you life was fair you need to go find them and punch them in the face.

You need to give it up with the 'City' comebacks, they are all blanks, there is no put down that could possibly come close to the the pleasure we the chosen have derived from what may well turn out to be a full four calendar years in front of you mugs, the pleasure of course comes from your pain and is multiplied 50 times when you factor in the anguish of the likes of Newell.

We are a tiny little club so even the ire of losing to Curzon and Ashton quickly fades, what do we expect? But for you followers of a "Big Club", every Stourbridge and Dorchester is like a spoon through your hearts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:16 pm

The fact it was the draw after Man United away  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Here is the Port Vale perspective on the up coming FA Cup tie in January '14..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boogie Boogie on page 1 says''

'Plymouth don't travel in numbers at the best of times but they're not going to be jumping with excitement about a draw 250 miles away against us.''

While Blinkme on page 7 slates even further..

''i hate how plymouth think their fans are so great

they have further to travel boo hoo
   on the flip side they have a massive ****ing catchment area with the likes of exeter to compete with

not an (albeit *****) premier league side on their doorstep and then a ton of other FL and PL sides within relatively short distances

so yeah, we might have a decent location but it's swings and roundabouts innit

hope we give the little ******s a good hiding. dislike their fans more than most L2 sides''

I hope we do go up there and pinch a victory now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:58 pm

A high percentage of football people are clearly morons.

This is amply illustrated  when Porkie makes regular thread starters like these on Exeweb. Some like to call it banter . 

Pages and pages of mindless, childlike drivel.  No 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Discussions going on about whether Port Vale or Stoke get their tie moved to avoid the home supporters clashing.

Herald report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd   its PORT VALE  for us in the fa cup 3rd - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

its PORT VALE for us in the fa cup 3rd
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next