Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?

Go down 
+24
Mock Cuncher
Coxside_Green
Sir Francis Drake
PlymptonPilgrim
Lead Man
ogwellmike
argyledj
pepsipete
crickeypafc
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
Tringreen
X Isle
mandela
Mr President
Southborne
125+1
Freathy
Nick
Dougie
seadog
Rickler
Pete1886
Czarcasm
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Surely everyone can edit their own posts...anywhere on the web?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Things like that are logged on a Mod Log on ATD FunnyMany, I expect Pasoti will be similar.

However, that doesn't mean that you're being told the truth and, having been the victim of "Daz" abuse and lies posted on a thread on Pasoti from another Pasoti mod stating that Daz had subsequently left the Pasoti Mod team, I would be careful of what you're being told. That doesn't mean that Mark is telling porkies, it just means be aware that things are not always as the seem and that some Pasoti mods are not all that honest about things. I should add that Mark wasn't the Mod that lied and as far as I am aware had nothing to do with that mess.

Edit to add - Thinking about it, Mark being a Pasoti mod, would have known that Daz hadn't left the Pasoti Mod team despite the public announcement by a Pasoti mod that he had...............if you want my advice FM, trust none!

You could always ask for a screen print of the log, I'm sure it would be provided if there's nothing to hide. I think the ATD Mods are happy to do that, no reason why Pasoti should be any different really.

Last edited by GOB on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Dougie wrote:
Any news on the press release timed for today?

(probably a bit premature as today still has a good few hours to run)

Still nothing?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Nothing yet on either their website, twitter feed, pasoti or club website.

Maybe they got afraid when Risdale tried to insert a clause about a community own fishtank project.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:20 pm

The plot thickens Dougie, the plot thickens! clown

You would think they would want this out of the way asap so that the donations can pour in once again, strange.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Could be my suspicious mind but perhaps it is taking longer to word it so it looks like its in the fans benefit to keep handing over the donations. Something along the lines "If we accelerate the donations its one burden the club doesn't have to bother about" Thats my take on it but im an untrusting bugger Very Happy Very Happy

But if that did happen wouldn't be against the terms of the agreement to sell the club, That it is Brent's debt now?
Back to top Go down
Lead Man

Lead Man

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:51 pm

funny man wrote:
Mark Pedlar wrote:
Nope PASOTI policy is voted upon. No single mod can administer a ban or any form of discipline without a mod vote. No mod can make an amendment to a post without it being logged and documented.

Sorry, but, for obvious reasons, I want to check. Does that mean to his own post or any?

Any
Back to top Go down
Lead Man

Lead Man

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:07 pm

GOB wrote:
Things like that are logged on a Mod Log on ATD FunnyMany, I expect Pasoti will be similar.

However, that doesn't mean that you're being told the truth and, having been the victim of "Daz" abuse and lies posted on a thread on Pasoti from another Pasoti mod stating that Daz had subsequently left the Pasoti Mod team, I would be careful of what you're being told. That doesn't mean that Mark is telling porkies, it just means be aware that things are not always as the seem and that some Pasoti mods are not all that honest about things. I should add that Mark wasn't the Mod that lied and as far as I am aware had nothing to do with that mess.

Edit to add - Thinking about it, Mark being a Pasoti mod, would have known that Daz hadn't left the Pasoti Mod team despite the public announcement by a Pasoti mod that he had...............if you want my advice FM, trust none!

Mods leave the team (or have cyber flounces) like all posters - At any point in time that statement above about Daz could have been true and then immediately not!! I know this looks like trying to cover tracks but it genuinely isn't. if in doubt ask your ex-mod to confirm or deny. I'm not even sure I know of the incident to which GOB refers. Many of the mods are or have been close to management teams and boards over the years - modding impartially and keeping your temper can be difficult, especially if you have a degree of knowledge of how another individual is feeling. It leads to many resignations and like everyone there are personal pressures and/or issues which can affect a mods disposition towards a statement or an opinion on a subject.

I know - I can hear the violins too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Mark Pedlar wrote:
GOB wrote:

Mods leave the team (or have cyber flounces) like all posters - At any point in time that statement above about Daz could have been true and then immediately not!! I know this looks like trying to cover tracks but it genuinely isn't. if in doubt ask your ex-mod to confirm or deny. I'm not even sure I know of the incident to which GOB refers. Many of the mods are or have been close to management teams and boards over the years - modding impartially and keeping your temper can be difficult, especially if you have a degree of knowledge of how another individual is feeling. It leads to many resignations and like everyone there are personal pressures and/or issues which can affect a mods disposition towards a statement or an opinion on a subject.

I know - I can hear the violins too!!

Mark, let me help you out a bit here, Ian told me himself that Daz didn't leave lol!

But anyway, good luck clown

Back to top Go down
Lead Man

Lead Man

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:25 pm

GOB wrote:

Mark, let me help you out a bit here, Ian told me himself that Daz didn't leave lol!

hence the word "could".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Mark Pedlar wrote:
GOB wrote:

hence the word "could".

Yes, but in this case didn't.

Nothing to do with you though Mark, you probably didn't spot what was going on at the time. It's just another one of those things that when combined with the recent bile from a pasoti mod has encouraged one or two people to raise more then an eyebrow. I feel sorry for the honest and genuine ones among you.

I'll leave it like that for now.

On the thread topic, are you aware of any statement regarding the club and the GT's Mark? I would have thought it would have been a big boost for moral and enable the donations to come flooding back in if it was released earlier rather then later, but I guess it can't be such a rush after all and it's not midnight yet.

I have a feeling something good and exciting will happen?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 pm

I was abroad at the weekend (and was unable to access the net) so have missed a lot of what has gone on. I see penzancepirate has been accused of being a liar and some sort of crap has gone on with the other site (although it looks to have been sanitised of any comments against pp [unless I've missed them]). The lack of GT statement and anything against pp on pasoti suggests he is not lying?

I have read the 'real name' thread on pasoti with interest-I think last week a number of posters commented on how a certain Mod (and real name thread starter) had named them on the internet- I know Plymptonpilgrim's name, PenzancePirate etc despite never meeting them or having an internet conversation on the subject. My user name, on here, was also recently posted against my pasoti name (Mike Hughes) by the same Mod. Again very odd behaviour.

I like some of the posts by Mark Pedlar and hope he continues to post. No offence to Mark (and this is not directed at him), but I know that some Pasoti Mods will tell untruths to protect themselves or the website.

As to the Mods not having multiple accounts- I think it is possible for the Pasoti Mods to have multiple accounts, without their colleagues knowing. From personal experience, I was thought of as being Posty by at least 5 or 6 Pasoti Mods for a period of 6 months or more (around 2008/9) and again strange behaviour occured (I did have a bit of fun when I knew what was going on). This was all due to me writing for the PlymouthVital website.

Mark, just out of interest, is 'Totnes Tony' a real person as 'he' has had an issue on here, but only one person has commented on it (and it wasn't Totnes Tony) Laughing I also note Totnes Tony hasn't posted on pasoti for over 2 years, hasn't visited the site since March and has no posting history.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

As to the Mods not having multiple accounts- I think it is possible for the Pasoti Mods to have multiple accounts, without their colleagues knowing. From personal experience

Talking of which...

Napoleon has often said there are ten mods...

I make it:

1. Mark Pedlar
2. Newell
3. Ponty
4. Posty
5. Bubba
6. Millbridge Mike
7. Argyle games - Kevin?
8. Mat
9. Ottawa Green
10. Daz

So we are led to believe no Andy Soper anymore? What about Dave Gadd - still part owner but not moderator?

Who are Florry Lindley and Eddie Yeats (and others) then if mods don't have dual usernames?

Any others?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Who cares who are Mods on Pasoti?

It's just a football site to post your views on... or should be anyway.

Moderation very heavy sometimes, but you have this new site you have set up, just the way you like it... so why are you guys banging on about the 'Aviva's' and the 'Farm' so much?

You have you're own site now, with rising membership to discuss all things Argyle, isn't that enough?

Surely Pasoti is irrelevant now right?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 11:42 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:

Moderation very heavy sometimes, but you have this new site you have set up, just the way you like it... so why are you guys banging on about the 'Aviva's' and the 'Farm' so much?

You have you're own site now, with rising membership to discuss all things Argyle, isn't that enough?

Quite agree, well put.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:00 am

Chemical Ali wrote:

Mark, just out of interest, is 'Totnes Tony' a real person as 'he' has had an issue on here, but only one person has commented on it (and it wasn't Totnes Tony) Laughing I also note Totnes Tony hasn't posted on pasoti for over 2 years, hasn't visited the site since March and has no posting history.

Have you got the name right? I can't find him.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:23 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:

I do. If that's okay with you?

Precisely, because Pasoti is not irrelevant.

Last edited by Rickler on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:24 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:

Yes, I think that's a fair comment to an extent but the problem I have with it is that one or two use Pasoti for their self promotion and club influence, so that makes it hard to ignore.

To be honest I was very surprised to read that Mark (above) had views that differed with one or two Pasoti mods, such is the extent of Pasoti exploitation, their influence was so great that I assumed it was Pasoti policy and not individual promotion.

I do totally agree though that we have this site for the freedoms that have been denied, Pafcintheplace.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:29 am

GOB wrote:
The plot thickens Dougie, the plot thickens! clown

You would think they would want this out of the way asap so that the donations can pour in once again, strange.

One of the stanger things to come out on that thread was the statement as to how much any questioning would affect fundraising (has there been any between Saturday and now and if it is an issue why no statement - though part of the reason appears to be the President birthday drinks)

Some poor mucker asked how much it would affect fundraising and was given short shift by a prominent Pasoti poster and the GTs responded that fundraising had fallen off before because of some incident of other but wouldn't go into details (I suspect it was early doors before the staff fundraising when they were collecting for towels and such like)

Anyway heres looking forward to the joint GT/club statement

Last edited by Dougie on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:41 am

Rickler wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

I do. If that's okay with you?

Precisely, because Pasoti is not irrelevant.

Look lets let PASOTI run their forum in the way they see fit, nothing to do with us on here. We run this forum as we see fit. Any quarrel is between individuals and can be carried out by PM.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:12 am

Have to say I'm getting bored with the Pasoti chat concerning their mods etc. Newell has stated they are not a democratic organisation and they intend to stay that way.

We know their style. We won't change them. Just drop it ffs !

I'd rather concentrate on being the best Argyle forum we can be. Open and inclusive.

Pasoti is the oldest and largest forum and currently has influence at Home Park.

One of our roles would appear to be as a watchdog and to flag up concerns as the Pirate has done recently.

If people or organisations set themselves up as a representatives of the whole fanbase, they must accept questioning when concerns are raised.

ATD makes that possible, as questioning isn't allowed on the farm and is never likely to be.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Mark Pedlar wrote:
if in doubt ask your ex-mod to confirm or deny.

It is OK to use my name, Mark! You've made a number of references to my posting exclusively on here now: I fail to see why that's such an issue.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:46 pm

GTs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:20 pm

GOB wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

Yes, I think that's a fair comment to an extent but the problem I have with it is that one or two use Pasoti for their self promotion and club influence, so that makes it hard to ignore.

To be honest I was very surprised to read that Mark (above) had views that differed with one or two Pasoti mods, such is the extent of Pasoti exploitation, their influence was so great that I assumed it was Pasoti policy and not individual promotion.

I do totally agree though that we have this site for the freedoms that have been denied, Pafcintheplace.

I like the freedoms you speak of, and feels much less hierarcical here, kinda like the spirit of the old Rivals.net rotg site.
If you just want to post about football, in an informal way, then this seems a good place to do it. I'm not having a pop at anyone, I just don't see the purpose of getting all bitter and debating the minutiae of the pasoti leadership. Let them get on with it, let's live and let live. This has the makings of a great site, with a broad base of opinions.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:11 am

Straightouttacompton wrote:
Hello.
I have been a long long time reader of Pasoti, stopped posting a good few years ago.
Recently I have been turned off. There appears to be an agenda and it doesn't sit right with me. I have found this site and feel like I did in the mid 90's when I discovered Pasoti.

Football forums should be edgy, anarchic and should always question the custodians of our club. I don't think that can happen over there now. You are clearly in or out, and if you're out you might as well never post anything.
Newall is becoming more and more of a bully and I find it sad. I never used to have a Problem with him and found his posts amusing. There had been a real change recently.

Hopefully I will feel more comfortable posting here from now on.

Are you still uncomfortable ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11