Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?

Go down 
+24
Mock Cuncher
Coxside_Green
Sir Francis Drake
PlymptonPilgrim
Lead Man
ogwellmike
argyledj
pepsipete
crickeypafc
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
Tringreen
X Isle
mandela
Mr President
Southborne
125+1
Freathy
Nick
Dougie
seadog
Rickler
Pete1886
Czarcasm
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? Empty
PostSubject: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Let me start this by saying the final back pay deal foisted on the staff and players was an outrageous insult.

Now there is a very interesting scenario., which raises the ugly spectre of whether the club are hoping the fans will be duped in to paying some of the employees' backpay and it all involves the wierd term "accelerated payments". Would the club purposefully encourage fans to carry on the staff fund, while actually the payments are taken against the total amount owing by the club to these employees ?
When directly asked, here is an answer from the newly spruced up poster "Ian Newell"
Quote :
All the money is now being aimed at the accelerated staff payments mate.
The deal done with the FL meant that all staff (including none playing staff) will be paid BACK over a period of five years.
It's the aim of the GT's to vastly accelerate that, and that is what is being done at this moment in time.
Note that there is no mention whatsoever of whether any 'donations', auctions etc ( note the charirable inference there ) by fans will actually be EXTRA to the club's payments. I think I know the answer to that ... accelerated payments mean just that ... accelerated payments ... not EXTRA payments. On initial examination, these donations will be taken off the debts of the club to the employees.
The cheek of this club is growing by the day ... do they really expect people to pay what is their own legal responsibility as an employer and debtor ?

Apparently, according to aforementioned Mr Newell, the Green taverners are going to make a statement on this shortly as a clarification. Can't wait for that... as if they don't know already ... should be an interesting form of words ... I'll certainly be disecting it ... that's for sure.. And who are these GT people to front requests for donations from unsuspecting fans when it is not clear just what the money is being apportioned against ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:20 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Let me start this by saying the final back pay deal foisted on the staff and players was an outrageous insult.

Now there is a very interesting scenario., which raises the ugly spectre of whether the club are hoping the fans will be duped in to paying some of the employees' backpay and it all involves the wierd term "accelerated payments". Would the club purposefully encourage fans to carry on the staff fund, while actually the payments are taken against the total amount owing by the club to these employees ?
When directly asked, here is an answer from the newly spruced up poster "Ian Newell"
Quote :
The deal done with the FL meant that all staff (including none playing staff) will be paid BACK over a period of five years.
It's the aim of the GT's to vastly accelerate that, and that is what is being done at this moment in time.
Note that there is no mention whatsoever of whether any 'donations', auctions etc ( note the charirable inference there ) by fans will actually be EXTRA to the club's payments. I think I know the answer to that ... accelerated payments mean just that ... accelerated payments ... not EXTRA payments. On initial examination, these donations will be taken off the debts of the club to the employees.
The cheek of this club is growing by the day ... do they really expect people to pay what is their own legal responsibility as an employer and debtor ?

Apparently, according to aforementioned Mr Newell, the Green taverners are going to make a statement on this shortly as a clarification. Can't wait for that... as if they don't know already ... should be an interesting form of words ... I'll certainly be disecting it ... that's for sure.. And who are these GT people to front requests for donations from unsuspecting fans when it is not clear just what the money is being apportioned against ?

I thought exactly the same after noticing that, Pirate.

The way it reads, is that donations to the GT's will now be used for paying off the outstanding debt to the staff.

I've said it before, but this Brent fella is one smart cookie.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm

I can think of only 4 ways that this can be worked;

The GTs have somehow taken over this debt and are paying it back instead of the new company.

It is given to the staff members, who then pay back the GTs as a when the payments come in.

The new company will pay back the GTs instead of the staff and this of course will be over 5 years.

Or this is an additional payment made to the staff on top of the payments made over the 5 years.

Which ever it is, I'm sure it will prompt an interesting explanation.

I'm sure there are other connotations but I can't think of any.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Certainly doesn't look good! I wonder what millionaire businessman, Mr Brent, feels about this ......

I'm off to pasoti to have a look.

Edited to add later:
I got diverted by the discussion on another couple of threads on there about the Trust but I couldn't see this issue. Where is it on pasoti?

Last edited by funny man on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Scandel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:06 am

so in short the saviour brent wants the fans to pay off the debts on his behalf?? well that seems logical i wonder if the same tactics would work in greece?

Last edited by Phenom on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:21 am

I find it hard to believe that this is going on, but nothing would surprise me these days. However, we should know the answer to this very shortly..

After all... Those who "engage" with Brent seem to be able to get him on the phone at a moments notice when they want to...

I guess, do they want to, is the big question?

A bit like answering if Tony Wrathall went to the game as a guest of the President, for some reason, the President won't answer...
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 am

Is this not unlike the reservations made before about whether donations to the staff fund previously were counted against liabilities?

I never saw any clarification about that either.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 am

I seem to remember that some people were apoplectic with rage when Heaney appeared to be going down the same route. There was definately something on Pasoti about Heaney enquiring whether the donations from the staff fund could be used to reduce the overall amount owed to the staff.

Perhaps someone could find it.

Why was it a bad idea then and a good idea now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:43 am

I can't be bothered to find out on pasoti but I am SURE the answer is there somewhere. But what is the purpose of the shirt auctions on pasoti?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 am

Indeed Seadog, it would be exactly the same as earlier in the year, and the main reason I was totally opposed to a staff fund and the initial statements and purposes of the Green Taverners when they bobbed up onto the surface. My suspicions were raised when it was insisted for no really good reason for the GTs to be the middle man for all the donations, not just what they collected themselves.

I suspect our Mr newell and others might find the answer to this rather embarrasing so let's hope this isn't true.... as usual with something controversial, the posts and comments have disappeared off somewhere, but I assure tou my quote of Newell's above was taken directly from a Pasoti thread.

If duping the fans into paying the club's debts is indeed the club's intention, it's surely something the local papers should run with ... it will be interesting to see what their new policy will be toward the new multi millionaire owner.... surely Brent would not want the embarrassment of this sort of exposure.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:31 am

That post from Ian Newell in full:

The shirt auctions have made a massive difference to what was the expectation and what is reality.

I'll let Mark Russel explain further if you want, but these donations are making a very real difference to people's lives, I can tell you that.

I transferred £5k last week and I hope to do the same next, so as I say, you can imagine the real inroads we are making into the non playing staff outstanding payments.

I think I will refrain from comment before the GT's statement in full but if things are as they appear to be then, well, that raises a LOT of serious issues and I shall be very cross indeed.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:32 am

This needs explaining! And fast! At best it could be that the staff fund is contributing to these 'accelerated staff payments' and will somehow be reimbursed by Brent. If so what is the mechanism and timescale for that? If the staff fund is being used merely to reduce the debt owed by the club to employees then that is as underhand as is possible to get and Brent should not be allowed to get away with it. Will we get an explanation from the President on here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:02 am

This is both very worrying and quite possibly illegal in that it a) falls foul of the agreement buying the club out of admin and b) HMR+C might be interested to look into the accounting behind this.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that poor old Chris and Ian have been duped. The Trust is soon going to be a toothless wonder (not that it ever got beyond growing it's 'milk' teeth) and eventually there will be 'civil war' between Pasoti and the Trust. Unfortunately Chris has been swayed by the big boys and bright lights and been totally taken in, or so it would appear.

He seems unwilling to answer even the most straightforward of questions. For example did Wrathall attend the Northampton game as his guest, yes or no? Everything seems to be dragged back to one of two things, either 'you're with us or against us' or 'what did YOU do to save the club?' the second one is wearing a bit thin now. The stable door is flapping and Dobbin is halfway across the meadow. Both Chris and Ian must hate the slow realisation that is dawning on them that Ridsdale and Brent are using them solely for their own ends, neither of which is Barnpark or Devonport.

If they hadn't been so vitriolic in their condemnation of any questioning voices, mine included, I could almost feel sorry for them. As it is, I'll just point and laugh when their dream house of cards comes crashing down around them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 am

It's becoming very, very mucky indeed. It's unofficially official, Pasoti is now openly being abused and any concern about being found out seems to have vanished along with the growing arrogance and confidence that there's an ability to take out of fans pockets without fans having a true understanding of what they are donating for.

A good fans Trust would look into this....oh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:07 am

Cerbera wrote:
This is both very worrying and quite possibly illegal in that it a) falls foul of the agreement buying the club out of admin and b) HMR+C might be interested to look into the accounting behind this.

What is becoming increasingly clear is that poor old Chris and Ian have been duped. The Trust is soon going to be a toothless wonder (not that it ever got beyond growing it's 'milk' teeth) and eventually there will be 'civil war' between Pasoti and the Trust. Unfortunately Chris has been swayed by the big boys and bright lights and been totally taken in, or so it would appear.

He seems unwilling to answer even the most straightforward of questions. For example did Wrathall attend the Northampton game as his guest, yes or no? Everything seems to be dragged back to one of two things, either 'you're with us or against us' or 'what did YOU do to save the club?' the second one is wearing a bit thin now. The stable door is flapping and Dobbin is halfway across the meadow. Both Chris and Ian must hate the slow realisation that is dawning on them that Ridsdale and Brent are using them solely for their own ends, neither of which is Barnpark or Devonport.

If they hadn't been so vitriolic in their condemnation of any questioning voices, mine included, I could almost feel sorry for them. As it is, I'll just point and laugh when their dream house of cards comes crashing down around them.

There's a reason why these two have received their gifts, and we're starting to find out why.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:31 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

Quote :

Has anyone asked the question to the trust or posted this on other sites to get a reaction, or is this just another bitching thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:34 pm

125+1, I wasn't aware anyone was bitching?

This is a discussion on the potential wrong-doings of what might be happening.

Fact is, if this was posted on Pasoti......you know what? I'll post a link over there and ask for comments.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:39 pm

125+1: I was going to ask the GTs on twitter about when the statement would appear clarifying where the monies raised are being/would be allocated - in particular reference to the accelerated staff payments - but as they've already said a statement on the matter would be forthcoming in the next couple of days I thought it was a bit pointless.

If no statement arrives soon then that's a different matter but I think we have to take them on their word about one being released.

Cerbera - the thread in question where the quotes appeared is the Steve McCall shirt thread
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Freathy wrote:
This needs explaining! And fast! At best it could be that the staff fund is contributing to these 'accelerated staff payments' and will somehow be reimbursed by Brent. If so what is the mechanism and timescale for that? If the staff fund is being used merely to reduce the debt owed by the club to employees then that is as underhand as is possible to get and Brent should not be allowed to get away with it. Will we get an explanation from the President on here?

Agree. Even if the staff fund's going to be reimbursed, why would it need the money? It was - as far as any of us know - only meant to be helping out while the staff were going unpaid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 pm

125+1 wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Quote :

Has anyone asked the question to the trust or posted this on other sites to get a reaction, or is this just another bitching thread.

Believe me 125, this has never been about bitching. Since the day that Ian Newell abused and closed our last forum his reasons for doing so have become clearer and clearer.

Consider if the site didn't exist, where would people make their comments public, ask questions and provide a critical eye?

It's more important then ever that this site remains critical and, more important then that, this site remains open!
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Cerbera wrote:
......you know what? I'll post a link over there and ask for comments.

Your link has been edited to make very little sense and the link to this site has gone!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 pm

That didn't last long.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Censored beyond belief.

I can't believe what Pasoti has turned into. I've been a member over there for years, it was never so heavily modded. What is their agenda?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Cerbera wrote:

No he didn't attend - Chris sat in the Devonport end for the match and Wrathall wasn't at the Fanfest pre-match either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Cerbera wrote:
That didn't last long.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Censored beyond belief.

I can't believe what Pasoti has turned into. I've been a member over there for years, it was never so heavily modded. What is their agenda?

To be honest Cerbs, reading between the lines, you've gone on there looking for a scrap so there's no point being surprised when you've got one.

As Daz says "I actually completely agree that it needs to be discussed and questions answered, but the questions need to be posed in the right manner on this website rather than a tirade of accusations."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?   Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Accelerated staff payments ... possible scandal ?
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next