Peggy
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I have just read the Herald article and there is more bs coming out. The Rent is £135,000 per annum. The Club has paid £40,000 per quarter - £160,000 per annum. WTF. JB isn't in the habit of wasting money (!) - why is he giving an extra £25,000 per annum of Argyle money to PCC?
OK - after waiting a month for my Freedom of Information answers I got a reply this afternoon (strange coincidence!). I questioned the lady who provided me with the information that was available in the newspaper today regarding the 'overpayment'. Apparently £40,500 is the agreed amount INCLUDING VAT.

However I have now asked a further question as to whether the Pavilions site (remember the one where the Council handed over the keys plus a £2million cheque to JB) is benefitting from the same kind of Business Rate relief.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I have just read the Herald article and there is more bs coming out. The Rent is £135,000 per annum. The Club has paid £40,000 per quarter - £160,000 per annum. WTF. JB isn't in the habit of wasting money (!) - why is he giving an extra £25,000 per annum of Argyle money to PCC?
OK - after waiting a month for my Freedom of Information answers I got a reply this afternoon (strange coincidence!). I questioned the lady who provided me with the information that was available in the newspaper today regarding the 'overpayment'. Apparently £40,500 is the agreed amount INCLUDING VAT.

However I have now asked a further question as to whether the Pavilions site (remember the one where the Council handed over the keys plus a £2million cheque to JB) is benefitting from the same kind of Business Rate relief.

Don't tell Tony the Investigator. He's going to ask the question on Saturday. We can all point and laugh because we already know the answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Porky is bailing the good ship Mayflower with his colander as we speak, he's not happy that somebody put in a freedom of information request for this information to come out, yet it is the only way to get information out of the NNWO (newnewworldorder) these days. Whatever happened to the transparency, openness and honesty that we were promised then Porks?
popcorn
Something else I noticed is that they don't mention when a post has been edited on the farm, I wonder why that is? My guess is that it interferes with the "cleaning".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I expect we won't see Hairy for a while though...
Why? This has nothing to do with me. I'm not a Councillor. The rent is being paid. Business rates are a different kettle of fish. Personally, I pay 100% Council Tax and it doesn't bother me.
The original rumour was that James Brent had paid nothing since taking over the club - that is untrue as he/PAFC have paid rent.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Although every answer I have received tells me that the rent is up to date. Still have suspicions that it wasnt before this went public.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Although every answer I have received tells me that the rent is up to date. Still have suspicions that it wasnt before this went public.

Have either the pig or his piglets apologise to you for what lhey said?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:53 pm

For the record, as a resident of the City, as a taxpayer and as a Plymouth Argyle supporter, I'd rather the club did pay full NNDR. PCC would only collect 50% of it - the other 50% goes to the Treasury - but it's still a little off that they've not paid any NNDR up until recently.

I'm not entirely enamoured with the promise of jobs as PAFC are reliant on staff during matchdays for short shifts - you couldn't be a steward, turnstile operator or one of the catering staff and sustain yourself through that employment. The biggest earners are the manager and players. I'm not sure how many staff PAFC employ beyond a 30-40 hour week but it can't be that many and those people won't be high earners.

I can completely understand Brent's logic - if he can negotiate less running costs, he will. I don't agree with that morally but morals and business seldom mix.

The average Joe won't understand why they have to pay council tax when PAFC are allowed a holiday period - that won't go down well from a PR perspective for either PCC or PAFC and, in all honesty, it isn't that much money in the grand scheme of things. Money in and out at PCC is about £500m per annum.

The response though from the club was correct - are you behind rent/rates payments? No we aren't.

Last edited by hairy j on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Not holding my breath for that one.

Have either the pig or his piglets apologise to you for what lhey said?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:02 pm

I think Damon has shares in Butterkist - more please!!cheers 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
whats the betting this gets the pasoti treatment and loads of those comments on the herald site get removed and replaced with "positive" spin?
My was the first post on the Hearld site and it was removed
The Herald at last has reinstated my post
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
I think Damon has shares in Butterkist - more please!!cheers 
Believe it or not my main focus at the moment is to show the Council up. It just so happens that most of the shady items on the agenda lead to the same place. I have mentioned before JB is teflon. Everything is legal on his side. Moral? Maybe not but legal. It is the bloody council that get caught with their trousers down every time.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Just a reminder that in the last accounts of PAFC a note stated that there was no need for full disclosure of cash flow as this would he reported in the accounts of the ultimate holding company, Natatomisam. The statutory accounts of Natatomisam were due at Companies House on 30th September and have still not appeared.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 pm

This all adds to the speculation that he hasn't got a pot to piss in. popcorn 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Perhaps the gratefuls could pay double, to make up for speccy being a bit careful!pig pig geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
This all adds to the speculation that he hasn't got a pot to piss in. popcorn 
It seems to me that he has a huge pot to piss in but would rather piss into someone else's pot.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Just a reminder that in the last accounts of PAFC a note stated that there was no need for full disclosure of cash flow as this would he reported in the accounts of the ultimate holding company, Natatomisam. The statutory accounts of Natatomisam were due at Companies House on 30th September and have still not appeared.
can this post go in the challenge hhp section as a bump, so we dont forget to look it up when it finally arrives.

well remembered Damon. I think they get a quarterly grace before action is taken
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Just been doing a bit of digging on brents company Natatomisam.looking at the info on this site the accounts are due for 2012 and the two main directors are brent and his wife.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see brent has a bit of cash in the bank but when you take out all his liabilities he has  a net worth of -1 million

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:36 pm

The £12 mill. liability must be Argyle. Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Isn't it just vile that somebody with such wealth has such self interest that he needs to have his taxes delayed at the expense of those that are so in need!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:26 pm

If it weren't for those pesky keyboard warriors it would probably stil be unpaid. pirat 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Iggy wrote:
If it weren't for those pesky keyboard warriors it would probably stil be unpaid. pirat 
That's slightly (ever so slightly) not true. If you read the press release - it is a press release in all but name, that's not what's happened at all.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:50 pm

GOB wrote:
Isn't it just vile that somebody with such wealth has such self interest that he needs to have his taxes delayed at the expense of those that are so in need!
Yes it certainly is. By jove it is.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Funny thing is I heard from my acquaintance on PCC council today. I was told that as soon as JB's name was mentioned people looked the other way, suddenly became busy or hide behind their computers. She said nobody would talk. I wonder what she'll think when she sees the Herald has published that lot?

Personally I think this was / is a massive own goal. If this arrangement was announced back when JB took over the club, most people would have just accepted it as part of the package to help save the club. I'm sure some non Argyle supporting Plymothians would have made some comment at the time which would have blown over quickly but this looks much worse.

Why the hell didn't they ( JB & PCC) just tell people in the first place? It's all legal, what's the problem? All this rumour and speculation wouldn't have happened and will now only lead to more suspicion and rumour about what else is being kept from the public ( on both sides).
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Richard you are spot on..... there is very little honesty and integrity in the higher echelons of this club or PCC. And we are left to wonder why we have to put up with lies and avoidance of answering questions. And all the while our team is scrabbling around and trying to avoid a relegation battle. Shameful. Just bloody shameful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:04 pm

It doesn't help Brent at all in our eyes as 'fans on the internet' that the muppets on pasoti/twitter who are posting ridiculous cliches about how whiter than white and morally fabulous James Brent is.

IJN and PL2 and Ponty actually damage his reputation more by holding him up as some paragon of virtue and philanthropy.

He's a family man - who cares?
He's honest - he's a business man so he's unlikely to divulge everything he does and what he spends - that woukdn't make sense as business doesn't work like that.
He has 'got the bug'! - I don't care if he hasn't, most of Plymouth haven't.
He attends games! - normal owners would do.
He's 'transparent'! - see above re: honesty.

They put him on a pedestal he's not asked to be on. They've no reason to do it as there's no point. Most of us don't care, we just want a successful club. When things like this happen, it makes everything seem worse as they've built James Brent up to be something he's not and something he probably doesn't want to be. Any question against him or critical of him is completely pounced upon and there's no need for it.

It's bizarre. If I was James Brent, I'd tell Newell and co to stop acting as his PR team as they're indescribably bad at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rent and Rates the Truth
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next