Tringreen
Peggy
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Meanwhile, we learned yesterday that some 7,000 people have been driven into debt because, since April, everybody in Plymouth has to pay at least 25% of their council tax, regardless of income. This wasn't a government measure: councils had a choice, and Plymouth chose this approach. That is, Plymouth City Council chooses to screw the last penny out of people who haven't got anything, while giving discounts to a commercial operation.

Sick doesn't begin to express it.
Peggy I have e-mail my councillor to ask why Brent is given so much of Plymouth rate players cash and land and do not help the people of Plymouth.
Hi mate (I put that in)

The councillor who is directly involved with James Brent the cabinet member who has this in their portfolio is Cllr. Mark Lowery he is in charge of finance. I have no dealings with Argyle.

Regards Brian

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:29 pm

What did Martin Stayns say about this? I'm sure he was questioned at a session for those dogs of war senoir greens. Maybe he said tey were paying want was due. With the amount being due was nothing. Would be hard to accpet any notions of transparancy from the board when they could be speaking with forked tongue.

Did the PASB ask the question or was it one question too many (ie over and above the 5 they are allowed)? Trying to think if it was an issue that Hooper said they couldn't go chasing up every internet rumour with the board.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Any correspondence regarding this will be forwarded to Malcolm Coe who is in charge of NNDR - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - NNDR is National Non Domestic Rates (Business Rates)
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Quote :
At today's Senior Greens meeting i asked the CEO if there was any truth that the club had not been paying rent or rates, he said absolutely not true, there have been negotiations with the relevant council departments on the amounts that are being charged and there are ongoing discussions
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Bye bye Brenty bye bye.
Can't pay your bills then the sell to someone with the 'kahonas' (Newells words) who can.
The Herald CANNOT gloss this over.
If they do then Plymothians should reach for their pitch forks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Not me - others did the digging and found out, and it was Jock who posted here first. Keep digging boys, plenty more where that came from I am sure.
Well done Jock as well then, he already knows I luv him clown 
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 pm

I have just read the Herald article and there is more bs coming out. The Rent is £135,000 per annum. The Club has paid £40,000 per quarter - £160,000 per annum. WTF. JB isn't in the habit of wasting money (!) - why is he giving an extra £25,000 per annum of Argyle money to PCC?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:02 pm

This is worth getting our teeth into Damon, no doubt about it!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:03 pm

GOB wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Not me - others did the digging and found out, and it was Jock who posted here first. Keep digging boys, plenty more where that came from I am sure.
Well done Jock as well then, he already knows I luv him clown 
Jock was  brave to be the first to take a rumour and post it for the public to read, Damon was brave to to post it in the lions den.
As I said on my first post well do to you both
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:08 pm

whats the betting this gets the pasoti treatment and loads of those comments on the herald site get removed and replaced with "positive" spin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Has Damons thread on the farm been moved from rumours and merged with the thread on the main board yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:19 pm

ejh wrote:
[Well done for bleddy asking the question Dunlop.

It just goes to show for all these superfans, supporters associations and much publicised fanbase links to James Brent (and vice versa, the man in touch with his supporters), all it takes is for one bloke to stand up at a meeting and ask the question in plain English to get a plain answer.

In case I'm included in that typically sweeping and gormless statement. Let me make my position clear.

If you think I'm going to ask anyone at PAFC if yet another toxic rumour from the freedom fighter is true, then think again.

I expect your apology is in the post Damon lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:21 pm

I guess it shows how perilous the club finances are. The council is subsidsing the club which is in turned being subsidised by loans from Brent to the club. And we still haven't paid off our footballing debt which remains pending and the accelerated payments to staff provided by the GTs still to be settled (any word on the community projects that the club were going to finance in exchange for the GTs help?).

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Angry wrote:
whats the betting this gets the pasoti treatment and loads of those comments on the herald site get removed and replaced with "positive" spin?
My was the first post on the Hearld site and it was removed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:30 pm

The Herald are watching that little lot like a hawk and others are watching the Herald like a hawk. I have had a comment removed that has now been returned and I have a feeling there is more to this yet and that this is going to get hot!

Prepare for popcorn!
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Plymouth Argyle are an absolute disgrace. Wonder how all the local business's who sponsor them feel about this.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:38 pm

GOB wrote:
The Herald are watching that little lot like a hawk and others are watching the Herald like a hawk. I have had a comment removed that has now been returned and I have a feeling there is more to this yet and that this is going to get hot!

Prepare for popcorn!
this is what i posted

Pcc used a government measure to implement this deal. then we heard yester that some 7,000 people have been driven into debt because, since April, everybody in Plymouth has to pay at least 25% of their council tax, regardless of income. This wasn't a government measure: councils had a choice,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 pm

A good deal for PAFC is also a good deal for Brent as financially they are the same entity, what doesn't follow is that it is also a good deal for the residents of Plymouth, many of whom couldn't give a monkeys about Argyle. Having a football club in the City does bring certain benefits but as has already been said so does having a thriving small business community, are they recieving the same amount of help from PCC ? with all the boarded up shops in the city centre it certainly doesn't look like it.
Brent is being treated favourably by the council for 'saving' Argyle but that also opened the door to a golden egg of development opportunities for him within the City from which i'm sure he stands to make millions of pounds if all goes according to plan. Surely part of the deal with the council should have been for him to repay any unpaid/due rent or rates if and when he makes his healthy profit, PCC should not be helping rich men get richer at the expense of everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:50 pm

i feel that local govt forget that big business was once small, and by not looking after the majority -nools words- they risk electoral humiliation. whens the voting start again?
argyle will not exist in 3 years time - the debt continues to grow with no sign of abating.

not just brent out, brent feck off, for the sake of the city
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:57 pm

And also, where's Jock ? i hope he hasn't been got at by Br*nt/the 'erald/PCC for his expose. It's very quiet around here without him, hopefully the old boy is OK.  Suspect
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Seemingly I should start boycotting Argyle like I boycott Starbucks. I've beached on my own moral high ground. What to do?

Hello Lee. Hello Tony.
Back to top Go down
argyle_till_i_die

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Dougie wrote:
Seemingly I should start boycotting Argyle like I boycott Starbucks.  I've beached on my own moral high ground.  What to do?

Hello Lee.  Hello Tony.
I just posted on PASOTI and had some guy called Lee Jamieson descend on me like some swashbuckling keyboard warrior, pointing out views I didn't even know I had
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
And also, where's Jock ? i hope he hasn't been got at by Br*nt/the 'erald/PCC for his expose. It's very quiet around here without him, hopefully the old boy is OK.  Suspect
He have gone to buy a big bag of pop corn
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:24 pm

argyle_till_i_die wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Seemingly I should start boycotting Argyle like I boycott Starbucks. I've beached on my own moral high ground. What to do?

Hello Lee. Hello Tony.
I just posted on PASOTI and had some guy called Lee Jamieson descend on me like some swashbuckling keyboard warrior, pointing out views I didn't even know I had

Yep I saw that hence my post.  As it happens I really do boycott Starbucks and long before any bandwagon jumping on tax avoiding reasons.  I've despised since they were in dispute with Ethopian coffee farmers who had to battle against Starbucks trying to trademark Ethiopian coffee bean names.  But I suppose thats not a cause you can beat a Coalition government round the head with (Mr Jmaeson is a perenial Labour prospective parliamentry candidate btw).

You should only get worried if he hires a PI to find out your address.

Hello Lee.  Hello Tony.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Quote :
"We have recently agreed with the club that we will offer 50 per cent rate relief for this financial year (2013/14) to support the creation of jobs."
Is that to replace the jobs that PAFC made redundant?

For transparency sake perhaps the club will let us know how that is going work. A job for a footballer, apprentices, pasty makers, dental assistants, burger flippers, quivering lip repairers, prawn sandwich makers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rent and Rates the Truth   Rent and Rates the Truth - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rent and Rates the Truth
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next