Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PCC waive business rates!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

PCC waive business rates! Empty
PostSubject: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 am

Nice of us Council Tax payers to pay Ridsdale's and Guilfoyle's wages again!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am

GOB wrote:
Nice of us Council Tax payers to pay Ridsdale's and Guilfoyle's wages again!!

At least we know that 2 of the fokkers involved with the club are getting paid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 am

You'd think the Council have money to burn. Actually, they have after selling Citybus in November 2009 for £20m.

If the Preferred Bidder pulls out and Brent wins the second round of bidding his plan that the Council buy back the freehold of the stadium doesn't seem so daft.
Argyle bought the freehold from the Council for £2.7m in 2006, the value must be around £2m now. Suppose the Council now buy it back for £1.7m to £2m using their Citybus windfall and explain it to the taxpayers that they actually made money on the deal.

Lombard get their mortgage money back, the Council own the stadium again and Brent hasn't spent a penny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 am

At least it would mean Mastpoint getting less money ... that would be a result.

I can no way be described as someone wanting the council to subsidise private companies.
However, I do believe a good business case can be made for buying back the stadium. The receivable rents would easily cover the ongoing capital costs and would produce a fair and reasonable earner. The park would be in the main saved, and peace would reign throughout the land. cat

The one obstacle I can see then is how would the stadium then be redeveloped .. along with other stadium activities, most people see the logic of a low impact hotel to complement the Life Centre ... a deal would have to be done with the car park. I guess that would already be the Brent and Council business plan... maybe the other bidders might want to reign in their greed and become realistic in their profit expectations ... if Brent thinks he can make some money on the deal, then that should be enough to satisfy Buttivant or Heaney. Oh, hang on a minute, we're still supposed to be looking after the interests of mastpoint. I might be wrong, but I still think this will run and run all year with the no season ticket thing a disaster for the club.... unless Heaney and his 'mates' give up.

To be honest, I've run a business where PCC have waived their business rates. It happens more than you think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am

In the perfect world PCC would buy back the stadium and then lease the adjacent land to a developer/hotel chain to develop the land. The subsequent profit would then be ploughed back into the development of Home Park and the club pay PCC a higher rent for the better facilities.

Problem solved!

Somehow I can't see it happening though!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:23 am

"and Brent hasn't spent a penny" The only management out of pocket is poor Peter and his lonely quid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:12 pm

What will help the bids, especially Brent, is that the Council are looking to close the Pavilions, so if one of the bidders submit plans for a new music venue the Council will be interested and will probably give a land concession, Cottage Field next to the Argyle shop and car park for example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:26 pm

or the training pitch, next to the cricket club?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:23 pm

One of the reasons Milehouse Man was taken under Ridsdale's wing so completely was his property knowledge and his belief that a Pavillionsesqe arena could be bolted on within the existing Home Park footprint, without involving Cottage Field. I am sure Ridsdale played him for as much advice as he could get. No wonder the rest of the Trust got fed up.
I might be a green but I am not a stupid man. A Pavillions replacement arena would obviously fit the business plan of including the Raiders and other income generating activities. Funnily enough, in my experience, the existing Pavillions desn't create a huge impact and that much noise, it's all very sedate outside.

The problems of an arena that includes music events are two fold ... will it encourage the boozy side of modern 'leisure' to take hold in the park .. that is something the council certainly do not want. secondly, the existing Pavillions has lost money ever since it was built, and there is no reason to assume another in Central Park would fare any better ... this is Plymouth after all. It costs a lot of money to build a stadium, an hotel an arena etc .. and the project doesn't pay for itself without the now ubiquitous euphemism 'student accomodation. That is where these money men are losing it, the council won't allow that ... it's a no no... everyone knows where present day student accomodation is headed in the next 10 to 20 years...... sliding to deregulated underspecified residential...

These people have done their sums, Brent has done his and he of all people is well aquainted with what the city's planners are looking for ... he seems to think the figures and likely permissions don't add up, Dawson doesn't think the figures add up, and I don't think the figures add up, I never have.
Pcc's biggest concern is not to have left a rotting stadium next door to a brand spanking hotel and life centre... it seems to me none of the bidders want to commit to building the stadium at all... they are offering to cherry pick. Ongoing stasis is likely to be the outcome, especially considering the massive economic depression coming our way in the next decade and more.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:55 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
One of the reasons Milehouse Man was taken under Ridsdale's wing so completely was his property knowledge and his belief that a Pavillionsesqe arena could be bolted on within the existing Home Park footprint, without involving Cottage Field. I am sure Ridsdale played him for as much advice as he could get. No wonder the rest of the Trust got fed up.
I might be a green but I am not a stupid man. A Pavillions replacement arena would obviously fit the business plan of including the Raiders and other income generating activities. Funnily enough, in my experience, the existing Pavillions desn't create a huge impact and that much noise, it's all very sedate outside.

The problems of an arena that includes music events are two fold ... will it encourage the boozy side of modern 'leisure' to take hold in the park .. that is something the council certainly do not want. secondly, the existing Pavillions has lost money ever since it was built, and there is no reason to assume another in Central Park would fare any better ... this is Plymouth after all. It costs a lot of money to build a stadium, an hotel an arena etc .. and the project doesn't pay for itself without the now ubiquitous euphemism 'student accomodation. That is where these money men are losing it, the council won't allow that ... it's a no no... everyone knows where present day student accomodation is headed in the next 10 to 20 years...... sliding to deregulated underspecified residential...

These people have done their sums, Brent has done his and he of all people is well aquainted with what the city's planners are looking for ... he seems to think the figures and likely permissions don't add up, Dawson doesn't think the figures add up, and I don't think the figures add up, I never have.
Pcc's biggest concern is not to have left a rotting stadium next door to a brand spanking hotel and life centre... it seems to me none of the bidders want to commit to building the stadium at all... they are offering to cherry pick. Ongoing stasis is likely to be the outcome, especially considering the massive economic depression coming our way in the next decade and more.

God....... you're even more depressing than Smiffy ! Just support the lads, attend all the GT events, sing rugby songs, be happy ! Who's goin Crawley ? jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I see it's come down to the ignominy of exeter fans telling the pig hood to wake up.

And what is the Exeter advice on the matter ?

Tell Ridsdale to sling his hook, and get the staff to threaten the administrators with strike action.

Now that's my sort of talk... that's Argyle Talk. What a shame IJN cleansed the Argyle fanbase ... just left with a litany of nodding donkeys now, waitting for Riddo. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCC waive business rates!   PCC waive business rates! Empty

Back to top Go down

PCC waive business rates!
Page 1 of 1