hollowords - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I'm sure that's how it may be reported, but people like Holloway aren't going to walk in to another Premiership job. He wouldn't have been asking to leave. It keeps his dignity in tact if they announce 'mutual consent', but by definition, mutual consent demonstrates your employer is happy with you leaving, which I think Palace are. Very Happy

Apparently Holloway is going to be at the Press Conference so it'll deffo be dressed up as 'mutual'!
I normally would agree with your assumption of the "mutual" comment however we did send Fletcher out to the cameras after firing him so now im not so sure lol! 
The tears didn't gain him any sympathy from me
Do you think he would've been crying if he didn't care about the club/job ? he wasn't ready for management but he gave it his best shot, i blame the tw@t who gave him the job, once again the cheapest option for Brent.
I wouldn't go so far as he cared about the club.

IMO he was instrumental in removing Peter Reid, a man who did care and sold medals whilst paying gas bills to prove it.

Fletch enforced an extra year on his contract at a time we would've been better off without his wage on the books.  His knees had apparently gone a few short months later.

I make it Fletch cried because he had no career left, not because he loved Argyle.  He was a complete failure here as manager and captain.  Worth remembering also he wouldn't sign for Luggy originally as he earnt more sitting on Warnock's bench.
Peter Reid was awful here i cant understand the hero worshiping some give him when in truth despite the 10 point deduction the squad he had he should have kept us up in league 1.
Please dont put words in my mouth.

My response was about Fletch and certainly not about idolising Peter Reid.

Peter Reid apparently lost the dressing room, the same room led by Fletch.  Irrelevant of whether Reid should've been sacked or not, for Fletch the disappointing captain to have stepped into Reid's shoes has always left a bad taste in my mouth. It was politics (or whatever you wish to call it) at it's very worst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I'm sure that's how it may be reported, but people like Holloway aren't going to walk in to another Premiership job. He wouldn't have been asking to leave. It keeps his dignity in tact if they announce 'mutual consent', but by definition, mutual consent demonstrates your employer is happy with you leaving, which I think Palace are. Very Happy

Apparently Holloway is going to be at the Press Conference so it'll deffo be dressed up as 'mutual'!
I normally would agree with your assumption of the "mutual" comment however we did send Fletcher out to the cameras after firing him so now im not so sure lol! 
The tears didn't gain him any sympathy from me
Do you think he would've been crying if he didn't care about the club/job ? he wasn't ready for management but he gave it his best shot, i blame the tw@t who gave him the job, once again the cheapest option for Brent.
I wouldn't go so far as he cared about the club.

IMO he was instrumental in removing Peter Reid, a man who did care and sold medals whilst paying gas bills to prove it.

Fletch enforced an extra year on his contract at a time we would've been better off without his wage on the books.  His knees had apparently gone a few short months later.

I make it Fletch cried because he had no career left, not because he loved Argyle.  He was a complete failure here as manager and captain.  Worth remembering also he wouldn't sign for Luggy originally as he earnt more sitting on Warnock's bench.
Peter Reid was awful here i cant understand the hero worshiping some give him when in truth despite the 10 point deduction the squad he had he should have kept us up in league 1.
Please dont put words in my mouth.

My response was about Fletch and certainly not about idolising Peter Reid.

Peter Reid apparently lost the dressing room, the same room led by Fletch.  Irrelevant of whether Reid should've been sacked or not, for Fletch the disappointing captain to have stepped into Reid's shoes has always left a bad taste in my mouth.  It was politics (or whatever you wish to call it) at it's very worst.
I said some people not you so you can get of the high horse.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:19 pm

No high horse here, you quoted me which made it personal.

At least there's no Argyle tonight so let's chill out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
No high horse here, you quoted me which made it personal.

At least there's no Argyle tonight so let's chill out.
i was quoting you over the peter reid cared about the club bit. He was clueless half the time he was here and if he didnt offer up a runners up medal the fans would have lynched him for his inability to keep a squad that had the likes of Mason, Bolasie, Noone and Johnson up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 pm

That team you name that Reid had were all sold during the season, plus there was the ten point deduction so I'm not so sure that he can be judged on that.

He lost our regular goalscorer and our up and coming striker and wingers. The atmosphere at the club must have been horrific.

In my opinion Reid should've been given more time in league 2 because once the players were being paid and funds for a stronger squad were made available he deserved the go that Fletcher got.

Even if just for the way he handled himself throughout all the shit, I believe he was hard done by and nobody would've done any better under the circumstances.

Fletcher took the easy option because he said his legs were shot, didn't know that a few weeks earlier when he signed his one year contract extension? Of course he did and as someone else pointed out he was on a bloody good contract we couldn't afford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:
That team you name that Reid had were all sold during the season, plus there was the ten point deduction so I'm not so sure that he can be judged on that.

He lost our regular goalscorer and our up and coming striker and wingers. The atmosphere at the club must have been horrific.

In my opinion Reid should've been given more time in league 2 because once the players were being paid and funds for a stronger squad were made available he deserved the go that Fletcher got.

Even if just for the way he handled himself throughout all the shit, I believe he was hard done by and nobody would've done any better under the circumstances.

Fletcher took the easy option because he said his legs were shot, didn't know that a few weeks earlier when he signed his one year contract extension? Of course he did and as someone else pointed out he was on a bloody good contract we couldn't afford.
Even when they and others where here at the start of League one he struggle to get results he even dispensed of a goalscorer comfortable in that league in Barnes which he should have kept in hindsight. 10 points deduction and the loss of BWP and Noone was a major blow i admit however he still had a capable squad (including Bolasie and Mason two players who are now regular premiership players) of surviving in that league if not by the skin of our teeth. Which is why i mention the hero worshiping of Reid by some is baffling to me

He should have gone then imo but as i pointed out earlier if it wasn't for the medal donation he would have been made redundant rather than fired and ater losing 9 games on the trot enough was enough he warranted the sack IMO.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Barnes didn't want to stay, infact he couldn't get out of Plymouth fast enough!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Barnes didn't want to stay, infact he couldn't get out of Plymouth fast enough!
Because he wasn't getting games here and Brighton offered him first team football and at the time we were tipped to go straight back up and Brighton to struggle so if Reid rated him which he didnt im sure he would have stayed put if not till january.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Reid took his time getting his inherited team up and running granted. The Noone & Wright-Philips partnership was quickly moving us up the league and then suddenly they're both sold along with other key players. If Reid had been given longer with that team I reckon we would've seen some decent football being played as well as decent results.

To criticise him during the admin period is grossly unfair, especially when he had Fletch waiting to stab him in the back. It's just plain wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Reid took his time getting his inherited team up and running granted.  The Noone & Wright-Philips partnership was quickly moving us up the league and then suddenly they're both sold along with other key players.  If Reid had been given longer with that team I reckon we would've seen some decent football being played as well as decent results.

To criticise him during the admin period is grossly unfair, especially when he had Fletch waiting to stab him in the back.  It's just plain wrong.
Coxside as i say Reid had more than enough in quality despite the -10 points to keep us up and i disagre with your bit i have highlighted as we were struggling midtable before they left which again shows he was sluggish with a squad that had enough quality to be near the top if anything. and had he been getting the team producing the results it was capable off we should have stayed up regardless with enough points on the board to cope with the loss of BWP and Noone aswell.

Reid was not popular at all Coxside they players thought he was clueless and i know that for a fact as one ex player told it and he had more than Fletcher willing to stab him in the back.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Reid took his time getting his inherited team up and running granted.  The Noone & Wright-Philips partnership was quickly moving us up the league and then suddenly they're both sold along with other key players.  If Reid had been given longer with that team I reckon we would've seen some decent football being played as well as decent results.

To criticise him during the admin period is grossly unfair, especially when he had Fletch waiting to stab him in the back.  It's just plain wrong.
Coxside as i say Reid had more than enough in quality despite the -10 points to keep us up and had he been getting the team producing the results it was capable off we should have stayed up regardless with enough points on the board to cope with the loss of BWP and Noone aswell.

Reid was not popular at all Coxside they players thought he was clueless and i know that for a fact as one ex player told it and he had more than Fletcher willing to stab him in the back.
That says more about the players then, the same players that got us relegated.

We probably have the same problem today. Not that I'm recommending Ken Bates but somebody of his stature would probably sort this club right out.

And now we have Jameson blaming the fans, how much longer can the shit continue?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Coxside as i say Reid had more than enough in quality despite the -10 points to keep us up and had he been getting the team producing the results it was capable off we should have stayed up regardless with enough points on the board to cope with the loss of BWP and Noone aswell. b

That says more about the players then, the same players that got us relegated.

We probably have the same problem today.  Not that I'm recommending Ken Bates but somebody of his stature would probably sort this club right out.

And now we have Jameson blaming the fans, how much longer can the shit continue?
True but Reid just didnt do the job as the players but it think the aftermath of the championship relegation was hangover the dressing room.
The NWO have alot to answer for that's for sure. Fans should have rioted when Luggys tried and tested backroom staff were fired to make way for the inexperienced Paul Mariner and appointed him head coach to be on a par in terms of power with Luggy. Luggy was awful in his second term but that move should have sparked the fans to kick off not support it like a few i could mention but im sure you know who they were lol

Jameson MP for Bullshit and Propaganda wont be winning any votes when he attempts to run for parliament or the worse pasb thats for sure.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
A, We've already got a thread about this.

B, Wrong section, what's this got to do with Argyle ?
OK. Didn't realise that. Assumed it would be Argyle related for obvious reasons.

Delete at your pleasure mods.
Sadly i don't think he'd touch us with a barge pole...........i'd have him back tomorrow.
i would rather sit on a spike then see him back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Sounds good to me. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 am

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Sounds good to me.     Very Happy 
maybe you should sit on one too.
or get a smaller stiring stick just saying buddy boy.
don't like it you can swivel.cyclops 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 6:50 am

How reassuring Dave, Does the quality of your peurile posts know no bounds?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:00 am

Ollie will be snapped up by a L1 or even Championship club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 9:25 am

Peter Reid had nine players the night before the first game of the new campaign, he only had the likes of Matt LeCointe up front who hasn't graced a pitch at HP on a long while (which bemuses me now as he's better than a lot of strikers we have) Fletcher added to the squad that Reid inherited and still fecked it up. I am sure that Reid was sacked to save money with the usual faces then helping baby James out by sticking the boot in, Reid deserved more of a chance than he was given with the squad he inherited as an aside I don't think it's fair to judge a man who has both heads tied behind his back and his shoelaces tied together.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:48 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
How reassuring Dave, Does the quality of your peurile posts know no bounds?
no it doesn't and the fact you have a problem with them makes me happy bounce 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Iggy wrote:
Peter Reid had nine players the night before the first game of the new campaign, he only had the likes of Matt LeCointe up front who hasn't graced a pitch at HP on a long while (which bemuses me now as he's better than a lot of strikers we have) Fletcher added to the squad that Reid inherited and still fecked it up. I am sure that Reid was sacked to save money with the usual faces then helping baby James out by sticking the boot in, Reid deserved more of a chance than he was given with the squad he inherited as an aside I don't think it's fair to judge a man who has both heads tied behind his back and his shoelaces tied together.
He's out injured for the season, or a big chunk of it.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:

what an utter tosspot you are, by any chance does a pasoti sticker grace your car ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 12:14 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
what an utter tosspot you are, by any chance does a pasoti sticker grace your car ?

No........but rumour has it you've got one on your pizza delivery scooter.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
No........but rumour has it you've got one on your pizza delivery scooter.
If I ever become one remind me to spit on yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Children, children, can't we insult each other without being too rude?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

hollowords
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4