Jethro
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

hollowords - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Holloway has taken Blackpool and Palace into the PL. He could have done the same for Argyle had the Pasoti supported Stapleton regime been pushed to market the club properly to new owners with some cash and an eye for potential. They got greedy . The wider fanbase didn't buy in once the novelty had worn off as it would at any club with our history and decline was inevitable, as predicted. Clubs with top flight history like Southampton and Norwich maintain their fanbases in the lower leagues and so would Argyle, once we too have been there and everyone has the T shirt. We were always on a par with them before they stepped up. The same will apply now to the likes of Hull, Swansea etc.
Pompey too are well supported because of their recent history at the top level.

You keep on banging that drum Tringy, it is your thang, but you need to seek help for this whole denial thing.

Holloway is a tw@ but a none the less successful tw@, the pstb at Palace know they lucked in big time when he got them up last season with the subsequent £120 million windfall, the only real money spent has been Gayle who looks a decent prospect and will probably repay his cost plus the cash for Wilf covered it easy.

They were always going to struggle but have not really been far off the pace, Flum, despite Rab's dissage, are a hugely talented side which plays some fabulous footy at times, they will rip a new'un for some good sides this season as well as getting dicked by some dross, Berbatov was completely different class last night and that goal from Kasami is already a candidate for gots.
I know that on their day Fulham can be a decent team and Berbatov a really good player but those days happen once or twice out of 10 with a few average results and the rest utter shite. Luckily for them there are Palace, Sunderland and a few others that will keep them in the Premier League, such as Villa unless Benteke is firing on all cylinders.

I doubt Fulham will end up with more than 3 away wins all season.

Kasami's goal was a bit special I must admit, almost as good as this scorcher from a wench affraid 

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/footballer-scores-with-amazing-20-yard-volley/2s7ertxjv?from=gallery_en-gb&sf=Relevancy#1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Ollie took two 'unfashionable' clubs to the big time - would have been three but staplewallet had other ideas.   Keeping Blackpool up was mission impossible as they simply didn't have the resources to compete.  Palace on the other hand should be able to attract decent players and there's no reason they couldn't do a Swansea.  Anyway I'd have Ollie back here in a flash.  Easily our best Manager - better than Sturrock Mk1.
You must be joking.The Blackpool team that got promoted were mainly players bought in by the previous manager, Simon Grayson. They finished sixth that year and scraped in via the play offs. He took over at Palace from Dougie Freedman with them being top of the league. Nearly made a pigs ear of it and they ended up fifth. Relegated at Leicester, Bristol Rovers and QPR.
To say he was better than Sturrock is laughable. He talks a better game but that's all.
I agree. He does well with unfashionable clubs and is great entertainment but I would easily rather have Sturrock mk1 than Holloway.

I think with the right backing Hollway would've gotten us a play-off place where anything might have happened but I also believe that if Sturrock hadn't gone to Southampton and had been supported financially then he would've done the same within 3 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Ian Newell ‏@IJN3 2h
If Hollowhead gets the boot, Pasoti will be full of 'Holloway in' - My Season Ticket would be burned immediately if that shrew came back.

BRING HOLLOWAY BACK!! Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Although with Newell being up Brent's arse there's no way on earth Holloway would be returning if Newell doesn't like him.

But then saying that, Newell sits in the director's box for free so what does it matter if he burns his season ticket?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Ian Newell ‏@IJN3 2h
If Hollowhead gets the boot, Pasoti will be full of 'Holloway in' - My Season Ticket would be burned immediately if that shrew came back.

BRING HOLLOWAY BACK!! Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Although with Newell being up Brent's arse there's no way on earth Holloway would be returning if Newell doesn't like him.

But then saying that, Newell sits in the director's box for free so what does it matter if he burns his season ticket?
He would burn his ST! LOL. I noticed he didn't mention that he would give up his car parking space though.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

The essential difference between my take on things and yours, is that mine is based on facts and figures, whilst yours is based on envy and supporting an eternal minnow for a lifetime.
It's a fair cop.

Although it might be fairer to suggest that your view is based on fantasy while mine is based on reality.

Unrealised potential is a very tenuous concept, it might also be fair to suggest that were one to take a subjective view of our respective 'potential' futures one might well deduce that the future was more likely to be Red than Green.

Just a thought like.

In all of that one must also respect the fact that a nice, compact and relatively new 17 and  half thousand capacity ground should give you a massive advantage, yet all you boys can do is slag it off, strange but true.
No fantasy Tis. PAFC has historically been at least twice as well attended as City and has spent almost half [and reducing] of its existence in the 2nd tier. Until they had lift off through top flight, even European exposure, we were on  a par support wise with Norwich, Southampton, Ipswich. More recently, Swansea, Cardiff, Hull were also very closely linked to us attendance wise. None of them averaged better than us in their first season back at Championship level. The difference was, they kept pushing, we were told to enjoy the ride and trust in Stapes.

As for the future, whilst a finished [but fatally boxed in] 17k stadium would fulfil your wildest dreams and may well result in a boost in attendance figures for you, it will only serve to further dampen 'belief' in the wider Argyle potential fanbase.

As for potential futures, I accept that now, particularly if your mob jump on the Chiefs new found credibilty and national exposure, you may even be better placed.
Plymouth is becoming increasingly isolated and lacking in sophistication and vision.

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Ollie took two 'unfashionable' clubs to the big time - would have been three but staplewallet had other ideas.   Keeping Blackpool up was mission impossible as they simply didn't have the resources to compete.  Palace on the other hand should be able to attract decent players and there's no reason they couldn't do a Swansea.  Anyway I'd have Ollie back here in a flash.  Easily our best Manager - better than Sturrock Mk1.
You must be joking.The Blackpool team that got promoted were mainly players bought in by the previous manager, Simon Grayson. They finished sixth that year and scraped in via the play offs. He took over at Palace from Dougie Freedman with them being top of the league. Nearly made a pigs ear of it and they ended up fifth. Relegated at Leicester, Bristol Rovers and QPR.
To say he was better than Sturrock is laughable. He talks a better game but that's all.
Holloway was not relegated at Bristol Rovers,its a myth-he was sacked when Rovers were still well out of the relegation spots and proceeded to go down thereafter.QPR were an utter basket case of a team when Holloway took over [i know this for a fact,because i used to watch them when living in the area] and would have gone down if Jesus was manager with Buddha as his assistant.Holloway left them in a far better position than when he took over,in the same division with a solid mid table squad.Crap at Leicester admittedly but to airbrush his achievement at Blackpool is complete nonsense-i seem to remember that Charlie Adam and Eardley were two rather important captures made by Holloway.Holloway's record in the top two divisions is in stark contrast to Sturrock's which,by and large, has been dominated by turgid struggles against relegation-not saying that there may have not been mitigating circmstances but facts are facts for all that.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Holloway was not relegated at Bristol Rovers,its a myth-he was sacked when Rovers were still well out of the relegation spots and proceeded to go down thereafter.QPR were an utter basket case of a team when Holloway took over [i know this for a fact,because i used to watch them when living in the area] and would have gone down if Jesus was manager with Buddha as his assistant.Holloway left them in a far better position than when he took over,in the same division with a solid mid table squad.Crap at Leicester admittedly but to airbrush his achievement at Blackpool is complete nonsense-i seem to remember that Charlie Adam and Eardley were two rather important captures made by Holloway.Holloway's record in the top two divisions is in stark contrast to Sturrock's which,by and large, has been dominated by turgid struggles against relegation-not saying that there may have not been mitigating circmstances but facts are facts for all that.
He was sacked at Rovers because they were in the relegation area and then ended up going down. Went to QPR and they were relegated. So you could argue he had a hand in relegating two clubs in one season. I'm not airbrushing anything, but don't make him out to be a saint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 pm

As if Holloway would be coming within 100 miles of Plymouth again ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Would love to see holloway back at argyle for two reasons, one he's a good manager, the other would mean that banker brent had long since gone, and we had a proper interested owner.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:32 pm

thats hardly likely SS68
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Sadly not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Holloway is a master at motivating players, and getting them playing well as a team. Something we seem to be lacking badly right now.

I enjoyed his time here, and I rate him highly, whatever Newell thinks. It was the closest we've been to the Premier League. And she showed he can get "smaller' teams there with Blackpool and Palace, and do it with entertaining football.

I don't blame him for leaving given what happened and the offer he had.

Holloway would never take League 2 wages when there would be a queue of Championship clubs looking to sign him on.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:47 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
A manager who can come good at the right end of the season.

A manager who talks a good game. God forbid.

Get over the fact you once loved Ollie (you wouldn't be angry otherwise) and recognise the fact he was/still is a great manager and we're shite now (I doubt even Ollie could do much here now).

Our problems are much deeper rooted than any single manager.

Anyone who uses the term "hollowords" is an absolute cnut IMO and has no right supporting my hometown club.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Tringreen wrote:

No fantasy Tis.

Yes fantasy Tringy, there are good reasons why all them other clubs kicked on, they are good and attract good investment, Plymouth Argyle is a scabby little club in an uninviting, isolated shit hole.

Getting twice the crowds of City can Shirely no longer be any kind of consolation, so let it drop, no City fan of consequence cites the fact that we get bigger crowds than the Turks to establish our boney fides, tbf mind a swift look at the league table is enough for that.

And give it up with the ground, 17 and a half k is more than enough for a club that has never won anything bigger than the 3rd division.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Scabby little club ........ In a Central Park ? Uninviting..... Really ? Isolated ?....... a tad maybe. Shithole..... What like Hull ?

From where I've always sat, the scabby little club, apart from the old peoples' home down the road from Sid James, is the mighty Grecians and their retro facilities.

Our scabby, little club has spent 40 odd years in the second tier with gates to match. Poor little City gets nose bleeds in the third.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Scabby little club ........ In a Central Park ? Uninviting.....  Really ?  Isolated ?....... a tad maybe. Shithole..... What like Hull ?

From where I've always sat, the scabby little club, apart from the old peoples' home down the road from Sid James, is the mighty Grecians and their retro facilities.

Our scabby, little club has spent 40 odd years in the second tier with gates to match. Poor little City gets nose bleeds in the third.

Well apparently yes, all you could hook was a userer while Hull managed a minted benefactor and they are in the Prem.

For "retro" you need to start thinking homely and inviting.

Our scabby little club was top of the division you are languishing near the bottom of for twenty minutes last night, while we are checking out promotion all you can do is look over your shoulder because you can feel Accy's hot breath on the back of your neck.

Four years and the domination just goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Enjoy the ride Tis. It is likely to continue for some time. I just haven't any enthusiasm for going nowhere, lower league rubbish.

Supporters of clubs with no ambition or vision, are a breed of their own. We have them in abundance. It's not for me.

You'd make an ideal janner. Imagine how you'd crow over the finished mini stadium and crowds of 10k at the top of the 4th tier. It won't happen for a while and fortunately for you, I reckon things will only get worse at the Theatre of Schemes.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Enjoy the ride Tis. It is likely to continue for some time. I just haven't any enthusiasm for going nowhere, lower league rubbish.

Supporters of clubs with no ambition or vision, are a breed of their own. We have them in abundance. It's not for me.

You'd make an ideal janner. Imagine how you'd crow over the finished mini stadium and crowds of 10k at the top of the 4th tier. It won't happen for a while and fortunately for you, I reckon things will only get worse at the Theatre of Schemes.

You're so jaded Tringy, we have had to endure far worse than you, feckin paedos, spoon benders and thieves saw us into non league with only half a ground. Real football supporters can take their licks and are still to be found cheering the lads whatever.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

You're so jaded Tringy, we have had to endure far worse than you, feckin paedos, spoon benders and thieves saw us into non league with only half a ground. Real football supporters can take their licks and are still to be found cheering the lads whatever.
In one ! I'm not a REAL football fan. Thank heavens ! It's so basic and needy and I don't just mean lower league also rans, supporters. Enjoy sparring with your kindred spirits in green for the forseeable future. Those not totally addicted, find better things to do.

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:54 pm

doesn't anyone remember what happened when Sturrock came back,
just saying
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Our scabby little club was top of the division you are languishing near the bottom of for twenty minutes last night,
Well done you <clap, clap, clap!> lol! 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Crystal Palace are to hold a press conference at 1730 today. Strong rumor is its to announce Hollwords has left the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Press Conference called by Crystal Palace for 5.30pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 4:13 pm

A harsh sacking this one.

Palace are hardly Premier League giants and most tip them for an immediate relegation straight back down anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Yea Man wrote:
A harsh sacking this one.

Palace are hardly Premier League giants and most tip them for an immediate relegation straight back down anyway.
I think he walked i dont think Palace where going to give him the boot just yet.

Be interesting to see who goes there as i dont think the likes of Pulis would touch that job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

hollowords
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next