Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: hollowords   hollowords EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:51 pm

According to talksport he is in a meeting with his chairman
after the 4-1 defeat
he hasn't done any post match interview.
he asked for the meeting. Sounds like hes leaving palace
Back to top Go down
watgull

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Just for Angry BUMP
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 pm

The point in bumping it is
Back to top Go down
watgull

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Sorry again not for Angry but for the goat
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:06 pm

They looked doomed at the moment. Fulham are shit and thrashed them at Selhurst Park.

Ideal job for Alan Curbishley I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Greenjock wrote:
They looked doomed at the moment. Fulham are shit and thrashed them at Selhurst Park.

Ideal job for Alan Curbishley I reckon.
nah wont be him.
Mowbray or pullis
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Hollowords is out of the meeting
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:17 pm

He has spoken,trying to defend himself,
says league tough and unforgiving hes not leaving ffs
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:16 am

watgull wrote:
Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:55 am

watgull wrote:
????

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 am

Holloway has taken Blackpool and Palace into the PL. He could have done the same for Argyle had the Pasoti supported Stapleton regime been pushed to market the club properly to new owners with some cash and an eye for potential. They got greedy . The wider fanbase didn't buy in once the novelty had worn off as it would at any club with our history and decline was inevitable, as predicted. Clubs with top flight history like Southampton and Norwich maintain their fanbases in the lower leagues and so would Argyle, once we too have been there and everyone has the T shirt. We were always on a par with them before they stepped up. The same will apply now to the likes of Hull, Swansea etc.
Pompey too are well supported because of their recent history at the top level.

Holloway was perfect for us but he and his players knew we weren't going for it. There was only one outcome.

It is incredibly difficult to compete at the top level with the resources available to him. He and the chairman have tried to bring in new players without breaking the bank and I hear that he has said that the influx of players has resulted in a lack of spirit and belief in eachother. A very difficult decision was made but I don't blame them for trying. They had zero chance of survival with the squad they had last season.

Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:31 am

I wouldn't mind IH back at HP right now. I never did see a more animated character giving it beans on the side-line. Passion is one of his better traits. I never like his playing up to the cameras though.

Pfwahh, time for some porridge before I start reading all of the replies on the 'davidfriio4' thread explaining why I'm Paul Thomas/Rastus.Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:48 am

Ollie took two 'unfashionable' clubs to the big time - would have been three but staplewallet had other ideas. Keeping Blackpool up was mission impossible as they simply didn't have the resources to compete. Palace on the other hand should be able to attract decent players and there's no reason they couldn't do a Swansea. Anyway I'd have Ollie back here in a flash. Easily our best Manager - better than Sturrock Mk1.
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:25 am

He was the difference between players signing for us and signing to a club up the road, he had the belief that he could do it.
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:27 am

Sheridan sacked tonight and Holloway sacked next weekend.

Come home Ollie finish what you started.

It won't happen though, Newell doesn't like him.
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 am

He wouldn't come back, not with an owner that is more interested in screwing the Club with developments rather than the football, he's already been screwed by a greedy owner once at Home Park.
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:14 pm

he wouldnt entertain the idea of coming back here for a variety of reasons mainly being the way some fans harassed his family while he was in Leicester.
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:36 pm

A friend of mine who teaches in a primary school once had Holloway visit the school to do something or other with the kids. She described him as an arrogant bar steward.

Didn't stop him being a good manager here.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Holloway is a bit of a buffoon but..................................
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:22 pm

As I said earlier in the thread, I would like to see him back. The problem with IH is that he's becoming a bit of a journey man in the managerial merry go round - a bit like Teves is as a player.

Thinking about it, didn't someone on here once say/question why so many middle of the road managers just seem to go around in circles from one club to another? Who ever it was, could of been Greensam, also hit the nail on the head about the distinct lack of fresh, new, exciting mangers on the English scene.

At a risk of getting another kicking on ATD today, I'd quite like to steal Tisdale from the hill-billies up-the-road.Suspect 
Back to top Go down

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:52 pm

LT would bring him down for us.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Holloway has taken Blackpool and Palace into the PL. He could have done the same for Argyle had the Pasoti supported Stapleton regime been pushed to market the club properly to new owners with some cash and an eye for potential. They got greedy . The wider fanbase didn't buy in once the novelty had worn off as it would at any club with our history and decline was inevitable, as predicted. Clubs with top flight history like Southampton and Norwich maintain their fanbases in the lower leagues and so would Argyle, once we too have been there and everyone has the T shirt. We were always on a par with them before they stepped up. The same will apply now to the likes of Hull, Swansea etc.

You keep on banging that drum Tringy, it is your thang, but you need to seek help for this whole denial thing.

Holloway is a tw@ but a none the less successful tw@, the pstb at Palace know they lucked in big time when he got them up last season with the subsequent £120 million windfall, the only real money spent has been Gayle who looks a decent prospect and will probably repay his cost plus the cash for Wilf covered it easy.

They were always going to struggle but have not really been far off the pace, Flum, despite Rab's dissage, are a hugely talented side which plays some fabulous footy at times, they will rip a new'un for some good sides this season as well as getting dicked by some dross, Berbatov was completely different class last night and that goal from Kasami is already a candidate for gots.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

You keep on banging that drum Tringy, it is your thang, but you need to seek help for this whole denial thing.

Holloway is a tw@ but a none the less successful tw@, the pstb at Palace know they lucked in big time when he got them up last season with the subsequent £120 million windfall, the only real money spent has been Gayle who looks a decent prospect and will probably repay his cost plus the cash for Wilf covered it easy.

They were always going to struggle but have not really been far off the pace, Flum, despite Rab's dissage, are a hugely talented side which plays some fabulous footy at times, they will rip a new'un for some good sides this season as well as getting dicked by some dross, Berbatov was completely different class last night and that goal from Kasami is already a candidate for gots.
The denial is all yours Tis. The Holloway era at HP was the last in a short line of opportunities we have had to reach for the stars. Other clubs with similar histories, attendances and potential, did find the necessary investment. Our janner style mindset in the boardroom ,has always been found wanting at crucial moments.
The opportunity is unlikely to come round again for a long time, if ever, thanks to brent's clusterfuck.

The essential difference between my take on things and yours, is that mine is based on facts and figures, whilst yours is based on envy and supporting an eternal minnow for a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Tringreen wrote:

The essential difference between my take on things and yours, is that mine is based on facts and figures, whilst yours is based on envy and supporting an eternal minnow for a lifetime.
It's a fair cop.

Although it might be fairer to suggest that your view is based on fantasy while mine is based on reality.

Unrealised potential is a very tenuous concept, it might also be fair to suggest that were one to take a subjective view of our respective 'potential' futures one might well deduce that the future was more likely to be Red than Green.

Just a thought like.

In all of that one must also respect the fact that a nice, compact and relatively new 17 and half thousand capacity ground should give you a massive advantage, yet all you boys can do is slag it off, strange but true.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Freathy wrote:
Ollie took two 'unfashionable' clubs to the big time - would have been three but staplewallet had other ideas.   Keeping Blackpool up was mission impossible as they simply didn't have the resources to compete.  Palace on the other hand should be able to attract decent players and there's no reason they couldn't do a Swansea.  Anyway I'd have Ollie back here in a flash.  Easily our best Manager - better than Sturrock Mk1.
You must be joking.The Blackpool team that got promoted were mainly players bought in by the previous manager, Simon Grayson. They finished sixth that year and scraped in via the play offs. He took over at Palace from Dougie Freedman with them being top of the league. Nearly made a pigs ear of it and they ended up fifth. Relegated at Leicester, Bristol Rovers and QPR.
To say he was better than Sturrock is laughable. He talks a better game but that's all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hollowords Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollowords   hollowords Empty

Back to top Go down

hollowords
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next