Tringreen
Dane
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

holloway is still the bridesmaid  Empty
PostSubject: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:50 pm

palace are shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:22 am

Have they signed anyone of note? Usually you see the newly promoted clubs splashing out but I can't remember seeing them mentioned with new signings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 7:53 am

I've just seen on SSN that Chamakh scored yesterday and that newspaper reports say Holloway is on the verge of the boot and Alan Pardew is being lined up to take over, no surprise if Pardew walks or gets the boot at Newcastle.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 am

Palace are so way off the pace in every department as a club, that they almost need to accept relegation without wasting money. Go back down and build again with the Sky money. Bolton did just that under Allardyce and were eventually strong enough to stay up and really compete.
It's the bigger picture and the longer term that requires careful planning and a manager in place to fit the bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:07 am

Palace seem to have gone up by mistake. I feel for Holloway though having lost Zaha and having Murray out injured. West Brom are a better example of a team that went up and down, up and down - they're now an established Premier League side.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 am

hairy j wrote:
Palace seem to have gone up by mistake. I feel for Holloway though having lost Zaha and having Murray out injured. West Brom are a better example of a team that went up and down, up and down - they're now an established Premier League side.
So 'were' Bolton. Being an 'established' side applies to a select few imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:59 am

Palace have just signed Puncheon on loan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 am

Tringreen wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Bolton didn't yo-yo much - West Brom were promoted and relegated three or four times during the last decade. Sunderland have done the yo-yo too. I don,t see Bolton going back up any time soon. In my opinion of course Mr T.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 am

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Bolton didn't yo-yo much - West Brom were promoted and relegated three or four times during the last decade. Sunderland have done the yo-yo too. I don,t see Bolton going back up any time soon. In my opinion of course Mr T.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolton_Wanderers_F.C.#Return_to_the_top_flight.2C_into_Europe_.281995.E2.80.932008.29

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:38 am

Typical dumb ass thread from someone with little or no appreciation of the game, Palace were unlucky to lose day one to a Spurs side some of the, also dumb ass, pundits are punting as potential champions then they lose by the odd goal at Stoke where many better sides will come a cropper.

It's hardly down to Holloway that most of lasts seasons goals are either at Manure or in plaster, the club is taking the uber sensible route by trying to acclimatise without spunking too much cash, they have a £110 million windfall coming in over the next five years, spent properly that could well get them a regular spot at the top table.

Why knock Holloway? Shirley not because he has now taken two scabby little teams into the EPL while you mob are celebrating only being a point behind ECFC.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:57 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Typical dumb ass thread from someone with little or no appreciation of the game, Palace were unlucky to lose day one to a Spurs side some of the, also dumb ass, pundits are punting as potential champions then they lose by the odd goal at Stoke where many better sides will come a cropper.

It's hardly down to Holloway that most of lasts seasons goals are either at Manure or in plaster, the club is taking the uber sensible route by trying to acclimatise without spunking too much cash, they have a £110 million windfall coming in over the next five years, spent properly that could well get them a regular spot at the top table.

Why knock Holloway? Shirley not because he has now taken two scabby little teams into the EPL while you mob are celebrating only being a point behind ECFC.
The morons, some of whom have wormed their way into the club itself, have displayed a litany of misjudgements in the last decade.

It's all so depressingly predictable.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm not knocking him, although surely he should've learned with Blackpool that not massively strengthening the squad is going to make it really difficult to stay up.

As others have said perhaps they will strengthen over a few seasons and yoyo for a while before becoming established.

I did see the story about him being in danger of losing his job being discussed on SSN earlier with a decent sports journalist, Bill something, and I think it was because he's asking for more funds to strengthen the side.

He should try getting Saha back on loan because I can't see him figuring much for United.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Tringreen wrote:

The morons, some of whom have wormed their way into the club itself, have displayed a litany of misjudgements in the last decade.

Can't go shooting people just for being stupid or Nursey would be the first up against the wall.

It wasn't Nool, Webb or any of the other tossers who caused Holloway to leave or made the club spend a fortune in other people's money on a pipe dream.

Decent crowd for you boys yesterday considering your start.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I'm not knocking him, although surely he should've learned with Blackpool that not massively strengthening the squad is going to make it really difficult to stay up.
No doubt, but the farce at QPR last season is a salutary lesson that "strengthening the squad" does not necessarily improve results, too many managers pay big money for shit landing their clubs with millstones as they fall and the dregs of the window usually presents the best time to pick up the dregs that nobody else wants, better to battle on and as you suggest maybe pick up a loanee or three from one of the big clubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:40 pm

That is the dilema for every club that goes up and isn't fashionable. What do you do? Spend mega money you don't yet have in the hope you will stay up for more than one season or go easy, pray a bit that you might stay up or at worst get loads of dosh in the bank to go again and again until you have enough not to disappear on failure.

That needs an owner who doesn't want to put the proceeds in their own pocket of course. The Manager is almost irrelevant in that situation because whoever it is will not be able to change the inevitability of going yoyo if it's done for sustainability. Not that I care that much what happens to Hull, Cardiff or Palace. I feel more for Yeovil who are going to face the same dilema but without the failure payment when they struggle.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Can't go shooting people just for being stupid or Nursey would be the first up against the wall.

It wasn't Nool, Webb or any of the other tossers who caused Holloway to leave or made the club spend a fortune in other people's money on a pipe dream.

Decent crowd for you boys yesterday considering your start.
The unwavering support for the organic model, year on year progress, and 'I'll never hear a bad word against that man and his lovely family' ,emanating from Pasoti and the silencing of those who warned against trusting the outclassed janner and his chums, played its part in Holloway's departure and the resultant Hollowhead, Hollowheart Avivafest.

The 'tossers' get it wrong time and time again. Some is through not being very bright but their decision making has become increasingly influenced by personal positioning.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Have they signed anyone of note? Usually you see the newly promoted clubs splashing out but I can't remember seeing them mentioned with new signings.
I believe they've already said they won't be spending big due to the projected costs of their potential move out of South Norwood. They want to build a new ground in Crystal Palace/Sydenham close to where they were founded. I think the preferred option is the site of the Crystal Palace athletics track, which involves providing a replacement facility. Although they've never played in the Sydenham area as a Football League club, they seem to regard it as their spiritual home - in much the same way as AFC regard Merton I guess.

Incidentally, did you know that Palace's first ever league game was against you lot?
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:54 pm

None of us really believe that we will stay up this year, we are more concerned about going for the shite or bust approach and coming back down having spent millions whilst having loads of big time charlie's on long expensive contracts.
Chamakh, could be good but may not work out overall but he is only on a year's contract.
Gayle, was surprised how much we paid but he s one for the future.
Campana, Looks okay and is the Spain under 20 captain so has to have something about him.
Thomas and Puncheon, not really bothered either way about these two, but time will tell.
We are also expecting another 2 or 3 signings before the end of the window as that is what the chairman said after the first game.

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Shirley not because he has now taken two scabby little teams into the EPL while you mob are celebrating only being a point behind ECFC.
You're a nice bloke, what club has the pleasure of being supported by you
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:15 pm

there is some debate about that, welcome back CPC, my bruvva in law is a Palacite from Croydon so I always have a look at your result.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:35 pm

CPFC2013 wrote:
None of us really believe that we will stay up this year, we are more concerned about going for the shite or bust approach and coming back down having spent millions whilst having loads of big time charlie's on long expensive contracts.
Chamakh, could be good but may not work out overall but he is only on a year's contract.
Gayle, was surprised how much we paid but he s one for the future.
Campana, Looks okay and is the Spain under 20 captain so has to have something about him.
Thomas and Puncheon, not really bothered either way about these two, but time will tell.
We are also expecting another 2 or 3 signings before the end of the window as that is what the chairman said after the first game.

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Shirley not because he has now taken two scabby little teams into the EPL while you mob are celebrating only being a point behind ECFC.
You're a nice bloke, what club has the pleasure of being supported by you
Exeter has that pleasure!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:40 pm

I never get the hatred of Holloway.

He got lied to by Stapleton and co, I don't blame him one bit for leaving when a club with proper ambition turned his head.
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:45 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Exeter has that pleasure!
Who Shocked

One thing about Holloway is he does not seem to seem bothered about signing defenders
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 pm

seadog wrote:
there is some debate about that, welcome back CPC, my bruvva in law is a Palacite from Croydon so I always have a look at your result.
Thanks, keep looking out for us, we have to get a point sometime lol
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Not sure, they are a Devon football club apparently! But much inferior to the likes of Argyle and only just the same level of Torquay! Very Happy 

I expect you have the same feeling about Charlton! Smile 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:04 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Not sure, they are a Devon football club apparently! But much inferior to the likes of Argyle and only just the same level of Torquay! Very Happy 

I expect you have the same feeling about Charlton! Smile 
Sorry mate, I still don't know what you are on about, I googled Exeter football club and even that drew a blank.

I do not have many ill feelings towards Charlton to be honest, the only club I have a genuine dislike for is Brighton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: holloway is still the bridesmaid    holloway is still the bridesmaid  Empty

Back to top Go down

holloway is still the bridesmaid
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next