Go down 
+3
fridgey
Freathy
Greenskin
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Was Holloway right? Empty
PostSubject: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Bringing up an old topic really but just remembered this letter from Holloway to a Pasoti poster after he wrote asking for a refund for his book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like Holloway was right all along.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm

He sure was.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 pm

He was 100% correct as history has proved. Sadly those who were most vocal in deriding Ollie and supporting *****wallet are now in positions of influence. No wonder we're f***ed.
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 pm

He was right, he certainly didn't do himself any favours with some of the statements he came out with but time has proven him correct and Stapleton the villian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 pm

He was 1000% right about everything and it still saddens me that the fans choose to back Staplewallet over him when staplewallet was selling the sliver for plastic.

I hope one day in the future (not likely i know) but one day Ian Holloway would come back here as manager as i dont think there has been a manager who united the fanbase as much as him and the squad he put together with the right back from competant owners who knows where PAFC would be today maybe had a premiership adventure by now.

oh well at least we got low expectations of a president and forum owner to influence a reluctant club owner to put up with instead Sad
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 pm

I was very anti-Ollie when he left and thought he was completely wrong and was lying.

Unfortunately 18 - 24 months later I realised he was correct. We won't get a manager as good as Ollie for many years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I was very anti-Ollie when he left and thought he was completely wrong and was lying.

Unfortunately 18 - 24 months later I realised he was correct. We won't get a manager as good as Ollie for many years.

This for me. I've never seen this before and it sure as hell hits home now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 am

Funny old world innit ?

I thought it fairly obvious what was happening at Home Park back in 2007 Rolling Eyes

Totally depressing.

Now the lunatics who trusted in Stapes have the keys to the asylum. Very sad but so predictably small minded and village.

Enjoy the ride Tringy lol!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:51 am

We were warned on PASOTI months before Holloway left that player sales were going to happen as the then board couldn't afford to keep the team together, never mind strengthen it. Just a case of who you chose to believe I suppose.

For me, the writing was on well and truly on the wall when Akos went to QPR. We had already lost Capaldi, Norris clearly wanted out and Connolly had already decided it would be his last season here.

Fast forward a couple months after Holloway had left, it was pl2faced who revealed TW had loaned the club £500k (and earned considerable interest on it) to see the club through to the January sales as the club was skint.

If that wasn't enough, there was the 6 pages of guff on the OS where Stapleton laid the blame for the majority of player sales on Holloway. Luggy was in pole position to secure SEB's contract if he really wanted/was allowed to, much easier to blame Holloway though.

PASOTI now has the club it deserves (although they're sadly happy with it). I feel sorry for the missing thousands who would attend if the club had any ambition on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:41 am

Yes it seems PASOTI are very happy with the club they now have.
Which does lead you to ask why ?

We have the club we deserve im afraid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Holloway right?   Was Holloway right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Holloway right?
Page 1 of 1