Dane
Richard Blight
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

The pitch! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:48 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Jock...c'mon...another load of bullshit as you guys like to say.You can insult me all day long to try and get me to close my account, but you got to do better than that....Argyle back into admin..who's winding up who, Dane are you on the right side or the left side  great result yesterday by the way...
What's bullshit? That you and Newell are friends or are you still saying that the pitch stuff is bullshit?

It bothers me very little if you keep or delete your account to be honest. I doubt that we would ever be "real mates" seeing as I'm not a "real fan". Having not attended a home game for some time now and not wanting to hitch a lift on a FES/FIL coach because if I saw Postey or Dogbreath Hooper in the flesh I would rip their heads off and shit down their necks and I don't think that's allowed on the coaches.

Ever had a drink thrown over you in the corporate lounge Bob? Or do the Hillbilly Newells just reserve that for the guests that don't toe the party line?

Seriously though I really don't mind whether you stay or go from here. There have been several like you in the past who get a kick out of shaking the tiger by the tail so to speak and there will be more once you finally do go. There have been others much better than you at it as well, with a much drier sense of humour Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:56 pm

Jock I'm here for the season...wouldn't mind meeting up with you actually,I may smell a little and maybe over urinate at times..that aside......
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:17 pm

well im sure brenty boy will find 70k after all 25k was no problem last week at the council offices !

argyle really is a total shambles if this story is correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:25 pm

If true and I can believe it, will it make the lip quiver? All accounted for surely? Whoops maybe not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 10:32 pm

With all the shit supposedly played on the pitch for numerous seasons I'm a bit shocked that fertiliser is in short supply. Just get Chadwick to run up and down with a ball and that should fix it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:03 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
With all the shit supposedly played on the pitch for numerous seasons I'm a bit shocked that fertiliser is in short supply.     Just get Chadwick to run up and down with a ball and that should fix it.

Chadwick yes.......but please don't link Chadwick up with a ball....you'll only confuse the poor fellow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:51 am

The GTs or was it the senior Nooligans had a whip round of £70k for fertiliser when we were in admin. as others have rightly pointed out the nutrients leach out. If as the OP says the fibres are breaking up that is altogether more serious, the pitch drains so freely because it is mainly sand. If they re lay it maybe everybody could bring in their own bag of soil, Sue has already got the buckets to bring it in, Z could tramp it in and Nikkk could sponsor a bus load of pasties to feed the volunteers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:05 pm

I expect to hear the bucket rattlers out again soon to pay for this latest Brent cop out but I'm not so sure that they will get the response like they have in the past, people don't like to be taken for 'mugs'. Having said that I honestly find Pigs latest pasoti piss take hilarious, 'mugs for mugs' and all credit to him for having a laugh at their expense, I think they deserve it.

There will always be one or two that are few short of a capacity stadium as pasoti seems to prove day in and day out, but by and large I think fans now feel completely ripped off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Does the banker ever invest in the playing side of the club? not asking multi millions but at least money to maintain the FREE state of the art pitch we have and pay staff a decent wage for their trade.

oh and a few players too cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:08 pm

GOB wrote:

I expect to hear the bucket rattlers out again soon to pay for this latest Brent cop out but I'm not so sure that they will get the response like they have in the past, people don't like to be taken for 'mugs'. Having said that I honestly find Pigs latest pasoti piss take hilarious, 'mugs for mugs' and all credit to him for having a laugh at their expense, I think they deserve it.

There will always be one or two that are few short of a capacity stadium as pasoti seems to prove day in and day out, but by and large I think fans now feel completely ripped off.
The bucket rattling will be out in force but for me it's too much now.

Brent is the owner he should be the only one paying the bills.

If he can't afford it then put the club up for sale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Someone should post this on Pasoti and see what the reaction is. If Nooligan goes mental then it probably is. I cant post it or it'll give away my identity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:14 pm

That bucket comes near me I would be prepared to depost one in it - come on Brent, its only £70k!!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:15 pm

There's nobody on pasoti at the moment, they are all on a free tour of the murals, complete with buckets. I think Posty is also doing a flypast.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Brent will have to take a couple of rows of seats out if the new stand to make up the cost
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:26 pm

I dont doubt this at all and we all know there is more chance of hell freezing over then Jimmy boy coughing up 70k to do the pitch.
Come December time expect the pitch to be looking like a sandpit. It re-inforces everything we have suspected so far...Keep the club ticking over by doing the absolute minimum required to stay in the football league, run the club on a shoestring budget  then as soon as development is complete pop the smoke (no pun) and hand over debt riddled boxed in club to Nickkk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 pm

GOB wrote:
There's nobody on pasoti at the moment, they are all on a free tour of the murals, complete with buckets. I think Posty is also doing a flypast.
Here he comes.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:29 pm

The trust should buy/should have bought the pitch. Nothing more symbolic than that beautiful field of green (or whatever colour it will turn to now). That would have given some meaning to Brent's 400k pension pot enhancer demanded from the Trust for the square root of naff all.

Weren't we one of the last grounds in the country to have proper turf or something.

The new groundsman came with exemplary credentials (remind me if anyone knows what happened to the last one) so he should be able to sort anything out as long as he's not being ask to so with one shovel tied behind his back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Dane. wrote:
I did post last night saying I'd heard a rumour that Brent told the ground staff they would have to raise there own funds for grass seed etc.  
The groundsmen's store is full of bags of grass seed. We noticed that when looking for somewhere to store the gazebo at the last home game.

The weird thing is the narrower pitch. They've reduced it by a couple of yards in width each side, which looks odd.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
Dane. wrote:
I did post last night saying I'd heard a rumour that Brent told the ground staff they would have to raise there own funds for grass seed etc.  
The groundsmen's store is full of bags of grass seed. We noticed that when looking for somewhere to store the gazebo at the last home game.

The weird thing is the narrower pitch. They've reduced it by a couple of yards in width each side, which looks odd.
if the stadiums size doesn't dictate

The size of the pitch would have been at the managers request.

there are max and min sizes that the pitches are allowed to be. Normally teams that set up to play good expansive passing style of football will set there pitch up to the max sizes

Teams who just want to turn the oppo back 4 around and chase the ball, will make the pitch as small as they are allowed too ( stoke )

they may well have bags of seed, the information i received wasn't that they have none, but that the owner/club refused to buy it, if true i would say they have found funding from else where or it was donated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm

So in fact it isn't true regarding seed. Now however it turns to Brent didn't pay for it and somebody gave it out of the kindness of their heart because he was too tight. Perhaps it could also easily be said in the ATD tradition that "nothing to see here, move along".

There must surely be something that can be dripped about that can be proved rather than scraping the barrel floor. The same thing applies to the Councillors must be in the trough thread. There are probably some who "maximise" their renumeration at the slightest opportunity but Councillor receives payment for being a Councillor isn't exactly world shattering is it. Hands up anyone who thought they all do it for nothing at all and wouldn't expect anything, even expenses, if they stood and got elected themselves.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:58 pm

was any seed actually in the bags though ?

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:59 pm

It dont matter if seed was there or not, the groundsman has had to fund its purchase himself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:31 pm

Hmmmmmm!!!!! How true is that I wonder because we all know that postmen supply their own bags and office workers buy their own pens and tea ladies get the provisions in and shoe makers kill and skin their own cows on their days off so they have something to work with on a Monday. About as likely as a groundsman supplying their own stuff because they love their job so much and they have zillions of pounds to use up of their own cash. Be honest, it does sound a bit of a stretch to the imagination doesn't it.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:36 pm

I'm not saying where the funds came from but the line that I have been told was ' the ground staff had to raise there own funds '
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Perhaps they grew something "special" under the floodlights during the closed season. I did see a bloke with a garden fork sitting outside Tesco begging last June mind you. His placard did say "bullshit needed". It's all falling into place now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The pitch!
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next