+3
Czarcasm
Grovehill
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Keep off the pitch warn Mr Web, (no IP Address)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Pasoti to be taken to court for encouraging people to commit a criminal offence?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:48 pm

I think the Pres may be over-estimating the level of euphoria potentially generated on Saturday. Rolling Eyes

I can predict with some confidence, no matter what the result, that my jeans will remain fully uncreamed.
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Uncreamed is slightly over the top as a euphoric expression but go on admit it, if the result goes the right way you will have at least a little smile and be a tad pleased. I will.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Uncreamed is slightly over the top as a euphoric expression but go on admit it, if the result goes the right way you will have at least a little smile and be a tad pleased. I will.

Pleased? Yes, of course.

Jockeying for position to hurdle the hoardings while evading the attempted rugby tackle by our stewards, so I can scream orgasmically "YES, YES, YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!" in the direction of Brent, Webb, Newell, Uncle Tom Cobley & all?

Na.

No thanks.

Back to top Go down
argyledj

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:19 pm

the president mentions pestering james brent to buy a striker and ijn dropped dexter blackstocks name in to the thread on the farm i wonder if fletcher knows hes been relieved of his duties.
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:37 pm

See that wasn't too hard Czarcasm. I'm not exactly into hurdling hoardings either and have never, at any age run on a pitch but I might just punch the air as well if that isn't too OTT.

Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:38 pm

argyledj wrote:
the president mentions pestering james brent to buy a striker and ijn dropped dexter blackstocks name in to the thread on the farm i wonder if fletcher knows hes been relieved of his duties.

F*ck Andy King and Gary Penrice these boys are the real deal Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Last time I went on the pitch was when Chelsea chased us on there in March 1976 Cool
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
See that wasn't too hard Czarcasm. I'm not exactly into hurdling hoardings either and have never, at any age run on a pitch but I might just punch the air as well if that isn't too OTT.

I'd say an air-punch would be just within the realms of acceptability, should we win. I may throw caution to the wind and indulge in one myself, actually.

From memory, I've invaded the pitch twice. Once in '86, through choice. cheers

Previous to that (not through choice) in '82/83 against Pompey. (Across the pitch was the only available access route to escape a proper kicking). Hated them with a passion ever since. Mad
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:56 pm

If it's any consolation they are all probably bald, fat and on disability benefit by now, not to mention a zimmer.
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:51 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I'd say an air-punch would be just within the realms of acceptability, should we win. I may throw caution to the wind and indulge in one myself, actually.

Previous to that (not through choice) in '82/83 against Pompey. (Across the pitch was the only available access route to escape a proper kicking). Hated them with a passion ever since. Mad

Ah yes, Pompey 83 when they won promotion and 10,000 of the sods came down, strewth! One of those times when you wondered if it was all worth it. At least we didn't play 'we are the champions' for them, perhaps thats where we went wrong. afro

Anyone remember 4 years later when they were chasing promotion and we beat them 1-0? Of course you do it's filed right there along side the other When We Beat Someone Decent memories.
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:07 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I also went with a couple of mates (we would have been about 20) as we got chased across the pitch my mates little brother (aged 14) got taken out by a Pompey fan (big bastard aged 42) who was running in the opposite direction waving an Argyle scarf! Matey got banged up as he had previous and my mates brother was in hospital for a couple of days, I can't stand them either.
I don't personally think we will win this one, Fletch's tactics Laughing won't be up to containing Oxford for 90 minutes, and too be honest I think if it is going to be like Shots at home I shall take some Valium beforehand. If we win, or even draw I might do the air punch but I will struggle to feel any massive amounts of euphoria more relief at the end of the hardest ever season of being an Argyle fan, thanks pbay and pig
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 am

I also have an intense dislike of Pompy and I was also at HP on that day when the fans battered 7 bells out of each other, but my intense dislike for them is because of a tiff I had with one of their stewards that was sat behind me at Fratton Park who laughed in my ear when Lee Cooper broke his leg.

And Peggy, I was also involved in that Chelsea match turmoil...ahhh the good old 70s!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:30 am

GOB wrote:
I also have an intense dislike of Pompy and I was also at HP on that day when the fans battered 7 bells out of each other, but my intense dislike for them is because of a tiff I had with one of their stewards that was sat behind me at Fratton Park who laughed in my ear when Lee Cooper broke his leg.

And Peggy, I was also involved in that Chelsea match turmoil...ahhh the good old 70s!

That was a terrible tackle by Barry Horne,i've still got the film of it on dvd,transferred over from an old vhs tape.Two footed and over the top,broke Leigh's leg in several places and basically finished him,didn't even get frigging booked for it.Agree with you about Pompey,never could find much love for them in all truth.

And i was also bricking it at that Chelsea game. What a Face
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:38 am

Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

That was a terrible tackle by Barry Horne,i've still got the film of it on dvd,transferred over from an old vhs tape.Two footed and over the top,broke Leigh's leg in several places and basically finished him,didn't even get frigging booked for it.Agree with you about Pompey,never could find much love for them in all truth.

It was an absolute disgrace of a tackle that was intended to do some serious damage, how he got away with it I'll never know.

Were you at Main Road GS when we played Man City in the cup, the League Cup I think?..when Summerfield had his leg broken?....Or was it at Goodison Park? I always confuse these two matches in the distant memory haze, they were both cup matches, both away and both evening matches.
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:01 am

GOB wrote:

Yes - lovely! Me and my friend - two teenage girls - minding our own business and waiting for kick off, got caught between a Chelsea knuckledragger and one of our own finest. I ended up with a black eye.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be, eh?
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 am

Peggy wrote:
Last time I went on the pitch was when Chelsea chased us on there in March 1976 Cool

Do you remember the chelski fans all walking around the top of the ground in single file without as much as one copper to stop them? It was one of those OH SHIT moments. It spilled out onto the streets and tube after the match and my brother and I had to get back to the Union Jack club. Different times Peggy when not all things were better, just most.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:07 am

Peggy wrote:

Ha ha ! I was sat in one of their stands. Kept strangely quiet for me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Highwayman wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Do you remember the chelski fans all walking around the top of the ground in single file without as much as one copper to stop them? It was one of those OH SHIT moments. It spilled out onto the streets and tube after the match and my brother and I had to get back to the Union Jack club. Different times Peggy when not all things were better, just most.

I'm talking about the home match - wasn't allowed to go to away matches in those days.

Yes, a lot of things were better then. There's a BBC series just started about the seventies, with a great soundtrack, although I don't agree with the premise that the seventies was all about greed - I'd have said that was the eighties.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:37 pm

GOB wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

It was an absolute disgrace of a tackle that was intended to do some serious damage, how he got away with it I'll never know.

Were you at Main Road GS when we played Man City in the cup, the League Cup I think?..when Summerfield had his leg broken?....Or was it at Goodison Park? I always confuse these two matches in the distant memory haze, they were both cup matches, both away and both evening matches.

I wasn't there, but I think it was the Everton FA Cup replay- . I'm pretty sure it was that dirty bastard, Graeme Sharp, who caused the injury.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm

I was at Maine Rd and Goodison for those games. Graeme Sharp - what a c*** of the highest order.

Probably not very PC ( kids, don't try this at HP) - at Maine Rd there were a load of City scallys down in the corner throwing coins and all sorts at us. My mate went and bought a cup of tea and launched it (full) at them, much to our amusement. Unlucky for him, he was picked out by the coppers, nicked, and missed our coach home.

Happy days...

Pompey away in '87(?) still to this day is my favourite ever away game. I think they were unbeaten at home all season, then Summerfield slotted home in front of a jam-packed away end. Cue the mother of all goal celebrations, and a day that'll stay with me for ever. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Peggy wrote:
Highwayman wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I'm talking about the home match - wasn't allowed to go to away matches in those days.

Yes, a lot of things were better then. There's a BBC series just started about the seventies, with a great soundtrack, although I don't agree with the premise that the seventies was all about greed - I'd have said that was the eighties.

The 70s were more about envy, hence all the 'how the other half life/keeping up with the jones sitcoms. Everything became more aspirational. The great thing about football was that none of the aspirational classed would touch it with a barge pole and so it was until pavarroti sang and Gazza cired

the events of the early 70's strikes/OPEC embargo since which the country has never really got off its knees butEverything seemed much more real back then though....................................

I love how these threads meander off into different dirrections.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Highwayman wrote:
Peggy wrote:

The 70s were more about envy, hence all the 'how the other half life/keeping up with the jones sitcoms. Everything became more aspirational. The great thing about football was that none of the aspirational classed would touch it with a barge pole and so it was until pavarroti sang and Gazza cired

the events of the early 70's strikes/OPEC embargo since which the country has never really got off its knees butEverything seemed much more real back then though....................................

I love how these threads meander off into different dirrections.

Mods ! Mods !thread hijack ! Trolls ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
GOB wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

I wasn't there, but I think it was the Everton FA Cup replay- . I'm pretty sure it was that dirty bastard, Graeme Sharp, who caused the injury.

It was indeed Sharp,fecking barsteward,to this day i'd willingly kick his bollocks up through his windpipe.Summers and Leigh were two players that Argyle could ill afford to lose,two very good division 2 players,Summers in particular was reaching a peak which made him one of the best in the division,IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keep off the pitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep off the pitch   Keep off the pitch Empty

Back to top Go down

Keep off the pitch
Page 1 of 1