Richard Blight
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:16 pm

A whisper tells me that not all is as it seems on the pitch front. Apparently it needs £70,000 spending on it!!!!!!! The top needs stripping off and relaying. The fibralastic (sp?) is worn out and should be replaced periodically but the new groundsman hasn't been given a budget for the pitch and isn't likely to get one.

I've heard a comment that "It's the worst a pitch has cut up after only one game at the beginning of the season". We have ( had ) a premiership pitch with a 4th division budget for the maintenance of it. I'm not expecting this groundsman to stay very long, especially if what I heard he was being paid is correct.
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Sounds about right, obviously we had a guarantee when we didn't pay for the pitch though didn't we? Surely Inchcape or whatever they are called will be only too happy to remedy the problem FOC won't they? Let Nooligan give them a ring and find out Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:25 pm

I did post last night saying I'd heard a rumour that Brent told the ground staff they would have to raise there own funds for grass seed etc.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Rumours and whispers,love them.Home Park is one of the best pitches in the country.There's many a premier league club that would love to play on that surface.Can you Richard/Dane provide a link to justify your posts.The cutting of the grass is top drawer.Ask lawnmower man.
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
A whisper tells me that not all is as it seems on the pitch front. Apparently it needs £70,000 spending on it!!!!!!! The top needs stripping off and relaying. The fibralastic (sp?) is worn out and should be replaced periodically but the new groundsman hasn't been given a budget for the pitch and isn't likely to get one.

I've heard a comment that "It's the worst a pitch has cut up after only one game at the beginning of the season". We have ( had ) a premiership pitch with a 4th division budget for the maintenance of it. I'm not expecting this groundsman to stay very long, especially if what I heard he was being paid is correct.
I've also heard that little whisper aswell.

The pitch we have is the kind of pitch a Premier League team would have, the problem is they could afford to properly maintain it for the entire season, we can't.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:37 pm

I haven't got a link. I was told my info on a face to face basis.
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

If true, and I have no reason to disbelief this latest debacle, Un-feckin believable isn't it? The club gets more tin-pot each day.

How can your groundsman not have a budget? It's not like the pitch isn't an integral part of a FECKIN FOOTBALL CLUB, is it?
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:53 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Rumours and whispers,love them.Home Park is one of the best pitches in the country.There's many a premier league club that would love to play on that surface.Can you Richard/Dane provide a link to justify your posts.The cutting of the grass is top drawer.Ask lawnmower man.
So you'd be pretty confident that the groundsman will be around for quite some time and our pitch will hold up better than every other teams pitch in this league?

Richard is someone who is respected and is very likely to hear about this sort of thing so I'm inclined to believe him. Not so sure I can say the same thing about Dane Razz  but perhaps they heard it from the same source?

I'd hate for the new found passing game Argyle are playing be hampered by having a ploughed field to play on at home.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Let's just say I heard this from sources who got it from people that know exactly what they are talking about.

It's not the cutting of the grass that's the problem, it's what's going on underneath that's the problem. It might look lovely at the moment but don't expect it to stay that way for long, unless something changes on the budget front.

The pitch is sand based and drains very quickly. This washes the nutrients out of the pitch very quickly. It needs large amounts of fertilizer which is expensive to keep the grass growing. I've also got a relative in the "looking after grass trade" who has heard about Argyle's problems. In fact when Argyle couldn't get credit anywhere, he was supplying Argyle's groundsman with fertilizer for cash and re- ordering to replenish his own stocks. He has told me all about looking after the type of pitch Argyle has and it's not easy. He wasn't the source either.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Don't panic. I'm sure Brent will come up with a solution. Like making it 40% smaller for example
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:19 pm

I wonder who the next administrator will be.
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Fresh-Prince wrote:
Don't panic. I'm sure Brent will come up with a solution. Like making it 40% smaller for example
lol! 

This is the obvious solution, only play on one half of the pitch and maybe build a community centre or something on the other half.
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Jimmy knows it only has to last until next year then we can start playing on ice.
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:23 pm

GOB wrote:
Fresh-Prince wrote:
lol! 

This is the obvious solution, only play on one half of the pitch and maybe build a community centre or something on the other half.
Or a vets and a Tesco express. Well, Brent, you started it!lol!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Let's just say I heard this from sources who got it from people that know exactly what they are talking about.

It's not the cutting of the grass that's the problem, it's what's going on underneath that's the problem. It might look lovely at the moment but don't expect it to stay that way for long, unless something changes on the budget front.

The pitch is sand based and drains very quickly. This washes the nutrients out of the pitch very quickly. It needs large amounts of fertilizer which is expensive to keep the grass growing. I've also got a relative in the "looking after grass trade" who has heard about Argyle's problems. In fact when Argyle couldn't get credit anywhere, he was supplying Argyle's groundsman with fertilizer for cash and re- ordering to replenish his own stocks. He has told me all about looking after the type of pitch Argyle has and it's not easy. He wasn't the source either.
I have heard the same thing also. What richard says is true regarding water and fertilizer..

The argyle pitch is so sand/gravel based the water/fertilizer washes through very fast which is good for playing on but not good when trying to keep it looking good.

I'm sure nikkkk will be along sometime soon to help.lol!
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Greenjock wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
So you'd be pretty confident that the groundsman will be around for quite some time and our pitch will hold up better than every other teams pitch in this league?

Richard is someone who is respected and is very likely to hear about this sort of thing so I'm inclined to believe him. Not so sure I can say the same thing about Dane Razz  but perhaps they heard it from the same source?

I'd hate for the new found passing game Argyle are playing be hampered by having a ploughed field to play on at home.

Wether I'm respected or not on here doesn't matter. What isn't up for debate is the amount if contacts I have in local football. I was told this information by someone I have no reason to dis-believe.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:59 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

I have heard the same thing also. What richard says is true regarding water and fertilizer..

The argyle pitch is so sand/gravel based the water/fertilizer washes through very fast which is good for playing on but not good when trying to keep it looking good.

Thing is you know it'll happen! They'll get some FES sponsored cows to shit all over the pitch, then get Sue the bucket-rattler and a few others to joyfully spread it.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

Thing is you know it'll happen! They'll get some FES sponsored cows to shit all over the pitch, then get Sue the bucket-rattler and a few others to joyfully spread it.
Well, beats the Cheerleading I suppose
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Dane. wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Wether I'm respected or not on here doesn't matter.  What isn't up for debate is the amount if contacts I have in local football. I was told this information by someone I have no reason to dis-believe.  
I was half joking Dane but you have to admit you do hear a lot of rumours Suspect  And I would still think that Greensleeves would be more likely to take notice of something Richard said rather than something you said. Mind you he seems to have buggered off once he got some posts that contradict him.

I doubt he believes anything until his good friend Nooligan tells him Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:10 pm

I hear a lot of rumours, a lot if them happen to come to light as well.

Back on point. There is no smoke without fire. More than a few people hearing this rumour. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if argyle went back into admin at some point.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Jock...c'mon...another load of bullshit as you guys like to say.You can insult me all day long to try and get me to close my account, but you got to do better than that....Argyle back into admin..who's winding up who, Dane are you on the right side or the left side great result yesterday by the way...
Back to top Go down

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Dane. wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Wether I'm respected or not on here doesn't matter.  What isn't up for debate is the amount if contacts I have in local football. I was told this information by someone I have no reason to dis-believe.  
To give you some credit I imagine you actually do have a few contacts in local football who themselves know people connected to Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Who is greensleaves
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Who is Dane.,...do you frequent the business lounge?.Come up and say hello ...table 7..
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:38 pm

No thanks. I'd rather eat my own shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The pitch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! Empty

Back to top Go down

The pitch!