Richard Blight
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

The pitch! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Shorely a question for The Trust to put to Starnes? Is there a pitch maintenance budget worthy of the name?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:26 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Shorely a question for The Trust to put to Starnes? Is there a pitch maintenance budget worthy of the name?

The question being....

How much do you want us to stump up for the pitch maintenance? Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:38 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The question being....

How much do you want us to stump up for the pitch maintenance? Very Happy

Many a true word, innit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:03 am

The rumour on the state of the pitch yesterday, it was down to water contamination of the water in the holding tank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:17 am

I'm amazed they aren't doing a quick ph and nitrate test on the water? It's harvested rainwater which will be a little acidic probably, sounds like more penny pinching to save literally pennies.
I had a small fish tank once and I nearly killed them all by mistakenly refilling the tank with rain water, I bought a small pot of testing strips which are well easy to use. If Nool wants to shoot round to mine in his Beamer (no doubt the GT's will have a whip round for peteol money) I'll lend the kit to James and the Trust could all take it in turns to do the work.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:30 am

A quick call to gardener's question time on Radio 4!
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:32 am

I smell the ministry of misinformation at work.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:53 am

I'm wondering whether the pitch is the difference between our home and away results now... On the other hand yesterday's divisional results saw 2 home wins and 7 away wins. Maybe home advantage isn't as advantageous as we think?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:03 pm

Are the pitch problems because the Groundsman is useless and fvcked up a brilliant pitch by buffoonery or is it because of fiancial constraints the Groundsman is prevented from maintaining the pitch like it should be?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:06 pm

The ball isn't rolling properly. It's bobbling around. There's an uneven bounce and players are struggling to dribble with it. Sprinklers are showing through the top of the pitch which delayed kick off by 6 minutes. Other than that it's fine!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:40 pm

It's just so Argyle, get a fantastic new pitch, no expense spared Very Happy and we even feck that up!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:54 pm

Sadly so.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:55 pm

Four years of Brent ownership has delivered a twelve year old stadium thats started to fall apart and an expensive state of the art pitch that through neglect is a Turnip patch! still Ee saved us so i've been told.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:10 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Four years of Brent ownership has delivered a twelve year old stadium thats started to fall apart and an expensive state of the art pitch that through neglect is a Turnip patch! still Ee saved us so i've been told.

Do you want a team that is going to get promoted, or do you want moss-free bricks and an algae-less pitch?

Do you want Nelson, Hartley, Reid, Carey and Wylde, or a little less rust in the stanchions and pitch with grass on it?

Bristol Rovers sells pasties and tea out of gazebos, we're all in the same boat. I trust in James.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:16 pm

ejh wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Do you want a team that is going to get promoted, or do you want moss-free bricks and an algae-less pitch?

Do you want Nelson, Hartley, Reid, Carey and Wylde, or a little less rust in the stanchions and pitch with grass on it?

Bristol Rovers sells pasties and tea out of gazebos, we're all in the same boat. I trust in James.
jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Are the pitch problems because the Groundsman is useless and fvcked up a brilliant pitch by buffoonery or is it because of fiancial constraints the Groundsman is prevented from maintaining the pitch like it should be?

Everything Mr Brent does is perfect and beyond reproach. I can personally guarantee, despite never having seen his lip quiver, that that is the complete truth. Not only that but he is the greatest golfer ever to play the game. The first time he tried he teed off and got a hole in one. No problem. When he goes fishing fish simply throw themselves into the boat and surrender at his feet. He has the body of a Greek god and an intellect that makes Stephen Hawking look like the tiny-minded educated wanker that he truly is. He's also hung like a mule and has incredible sexual staying power. His only faults are selflessness, modesty and unwarranted humilitiy and the occasional need to beat off an array of stricken admirers with a stick simply to ensure his own safety.

His decision making is faultless and his generosity enormous. There is no better way to run a business, despite his folding quite a few of them along the way. But that wasn't his fault. No sirree, it wasn't. Not no way never. The only way to run a business is how James, sorry... Mr Brent to the likes of me, says so. There is no alternative. None. It's unthinkable that there might be.

I'd give Mr Brent the benefit of the doubt in every conceivable eventuality and circumstance without the need for criticial evaluation on my, or anybody else's, part because he's such a magnificent bloke, did I mention what a great sense of humour he has?, and, no matter how comfortable he is amongst the suits and spreadsheets, he is never happier than when he's surrounded by fellow Argyle fans many of whom see long term illnesses and disabilities completely disappear after meeting him.

So it must be the groundsman's fault, mustn't it. He's a complete chump. Despite his lifelong experience and certificated qualifications he's just another feckin educated know-nothing wanker. My lawn looks far better than his and I know diddly squat about anything so what does that cnut know?

Just like the fecked up art deco fascia, and look what a debacle it turned into when AFT tried to sort it out!, the scruffy press room, the stadium's corrosion, Hodgey not being able to keep quiet about needing a new video camera, a leaky Lyndy roof, WCs in the Lyndy with no door, disabled toilets in the Lyndy being out of use, TVs in the Lyndy not working (how is Mr Brent supposed to know about any of that when he NEVER goes over there, eh? You answer me that!) the absence of any sort of Far Post Club, the on-going dereliction of the GT's tent, Pieface getting banned, the price and quality of matchday libations and victuals and the speed of service for them these things are NOT Mr Brent's fault but the fault of the complete feckin idiots he is forced to employ and which stop a magnificent army of volunteers being able to step in and do the various jobs meaning we could have an even bigger budget for the team despite what the 55% Salary Cap Management Protocol dictates and Mr Brent's honourable commitment to not breaking those rules.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Everything Mr Brent does is perfect and beyond reproach. I can personally guarantee, despite never having seen his lip quiver, that that is the complete truth. Not only that but he is the greatest golfer ever to play the game. The first time he tried he teed off and got a hole in one. No problem. When he goes fishing fish simply throw themselves into the boat and surrender at his feet. He has the body of a Greek god and an intellect that makes Stephen Hawking look like the tiny-minded educated wanker that he truly is. He's also hung like a mule and has incredible sexual staying power. His only faults are selflessness, modesty and unwarranted humilitiy and the occasional need to beat off an array of stricken admirers with a stick simply to ensure his own safety.

His decision making is faultless and his generosity enormous. There is no better way to run a business, despite his folding quite a few of them along the way. But that wasn't his fault. No sirree, it wasn't. Not no way never. The only way to run a business is how James, sorry... Mr Brent to the likes of me, says so. There is no alternative. None. It's unthinkable that there might be.

I'd give Mr Brent the benefit of the doubt in every conceivable eventuality and circumstance without the need for criticial evaluation on my, or anybody else's, part because he's such a magnificent bloke, did I mention what a great sense of humour he has?, and, no matter how comfortable he is amongst the suits and spreadsheets, he is never happier than when he's surrounded by fellow Argyle fans many of whom see long term illnesses and disabilities completely disappear after meeting him.

So it must be the groundsman's fault, mustn't it. He's a complete chump. Despite his lifelong experience and certificated qualifications he's just another feckin educated know-nothing wanker. My lawn looks far better than his and I know diddly squat about anything so what does that cnut know?

Just like the fecked up art deco fascia, and look what a debacle it turned into when AFT tried to sort it out!, the scruffy press room, the stadium's corrosion, Hodgey not being able to keep quiet about needing a new video camera, a leaky Lyndy roof, WCs in the Lyndy with no door, disabled toilets in the Lyndy being out of use, TVs in the Lyndy not working (how is Mr Brent supposed to know about any of that when he NEVER goes over there, eh? You answer me that!) the absence of any sort of Far Post Club, the on-going dereliction of the GT's tent, Pieface getting banned, the price and quality of matchday libations and victuals and the speed of service for them these things are NOT Mr Brent's fault but the fault of the complete feckin idiots he is forced to employ and which stop a magnificent army of volunteers being able to step in and do the various jobs meaning we could have an even bigger budget for the team despite what the 55% Salary Cap Management Protocol dictates and Mr Brent's honourable commitment to not breaking those rules.
Brilliant Sir Fran!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:36 pm

Watching the Carlisle Everton match, how embarrassing that a pitch under about 3 foot of water for over a month can emerge from the flood and still put ours to shame. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:01 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Sit down and put a three skinner together mate, your beginning to sound as Angry as me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:18 pm

ejh wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Do you want a team that is going to get promoted, or do you want moss-free bricks and an algae-less pitch? Yes I do, both.

Do you want Nelson, Hartley, Reid, Carey and Wylde, or a little less rust in the stanchions and pitch with grass on it? Yes I do, both.

And I expect many more fans would want the same.

The moss-free bricks, a little less rust in the stanchions and algae-less pitch with grass on it are things that we would have if there was a PPM (Planned, Preventive Maintenance) scheme put in place when JB took over.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:57 pm

According to posts on FB the problem is caused by the groundsman allowing the grass clippings to lie on the pitch when they should be collected in a bucket to begin with or raked up afterwards.

The clippimgs have since rotted down and buggered the surface up.

This sounds too crass to be true. I'm no gardener of any sort whatsoever and even I know you need to get cut grass cleared up afterwards.

But there you are. That's what it says. On FB. John Lloyd's page. Do I need screen shots to prove it or are people happy to believe me - or check for themselves?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:03 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Watching the Carlisle Everton match, how embarrassing that a pitch under about 3 foot of water for over a month can emerge from the flood and still put ours to shame. No

Whats the matter with you ? Just trust in brent like ejh brent worship
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:09 pm

Sir Richard Blight has confirmed it on the JLFB page.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:18 pm

That pitch looks really bad.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Ahhh but Carlisle's Chairman put up £150,000 for a new Pitch whereas our Green Jim couldn't even put up £1,500 to paint a feckin facade...... bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The pitch!   The pitch! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The pitch!
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next