Freathy
Rickler
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The who will get seats in the shelf thread Empty
PostSubject: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Wot it says on the tin really, who do you think will be rewarded with shelf seats, or will they just be corporate?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:46 pm

cant possibly think .....................scratch jocolor 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Couldn't give a feck! Very Happy They are welcome to it.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Well if the Who get them, the Stones should as well...
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:53 pm

The who is just Daltry and Townsend now isn't it? That's only two seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:09 pm

It'll be the prawn sandwich brigade, not the pasty brigade !!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:30 pm

I sure someone suggested (greensleeves?) that the shelf was for the business loungers (or whatever the new one will be called), as access would be via the business lounge/ hospitality area.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I sure someone suggested (greensleeves?) that the shelf was for the business loungers (or whatever the new one will be called), as access would be via the business lounge/ hospitality area.
So they will be mostly empty then?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Or chaps with damp, beer stained clothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Indeed CA, from what I remember you are correct.

We are a dogshit second division club who demolish a grandstand to build an apartheid version of a stand where if you've got the money you get the view.

If when the real plans arrive this is the case then it goes against everything I believe in. But then I believe in respecting those people who have stayed loyal and attended for many years. Most Janner pensioners have to cut their cloth accordingly. Frankly rather than kick them out of their seats they should be given hugely reduced prices to say thank you.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 pm

I had called that the shelf would be business lounge only as there appeared from firsy draft plans to be no other access to the shelf than from the business lounge. The plans show 600+ seats in front of the boxes as being corporate.

The planning docs describe a couple of turnstiles off the retail alleyway giving direct access to the shelf, although \I suspect the eloi and morlock divide will be as I first envisaged.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:33 am

Only a 'corporate fan' would pay for the privilege of sitting as high and as far away as possible from the pitch as possible. Dreadful view.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:37 am

It's such a poxy stand though Ricks, even the very back row would probably be the equivalent of a midway seat in the current Grandstand.
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:57 am

Free coach travel, tickets, mural and prawn pasties for pensioners in the new stand sponsored by my new company, FFS. Now I just need to borrow some money (at a competetive rate) to get it started.
No, FFS does not stand for fecked Forever Stadium.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:00 am

When should we start calling you simaoooooooooo?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:32 pm

People sitting up there may well end up with a cut off from the rest of the world feeling. I currently sit 4 rows back from the front of the grandstand and when I think that the new stand will only accommodate those in front of me and the row behind; that isn't many people. We estimate that our seats are very roughly in line with the front of the Lyndhurst roof or just below, so I'm not expecting my view to ever be the same again. Unless we go up to the 5 or is it 6 rows of the banished to the shelf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:34 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
People sitting up there may well end up with a cut off from the rest of the world feeling. I currently sit 4 rows back from the front of the grandstand and when I think that the new stand will only accommodate those in front of me and the row behind; that isn't many people. We estimate that our seats are very roughly in line with the front of the Lyndhurst roof or just below, so I'm not expecting my view to ever be the same again. Unless we go up to the 5 or is it 6 rows of the banished to the shelf.
Apparently the only ones who can sit in the shelf are the corporate "fans" from the corporate lounge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Rickler wrote:
Only a 'corporate fan' would pay for the privilege of sitting as high and as far away as possible from the pitch as possible.  Dreadful view.
On the whole I agree with you. I always liked to be fairly close to the action - usually behind-ish the goal & sometimes level with the edge of the box. But I Have twice sat in the grandstand & it was interesting to see the development of play over the whole pitch.

One of those times was a reserve match where I saw Derek Rickard play just before he broke into the first team. In that match his linking with Richard Reynolds was impressive and it was clear that Rickard would make the 1st team soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:48 pm

On another subject is it possible to purchase one of the old wooden seats from the Grandstand ? I reckon i could turn it into a decent chair for my man cave, the last relic from the club i once loved.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:04 pm

The shelf is just about the right size for the current fanfests. Really not looking forward to GB's photos on the opening day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:59 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
On another subject is it possible to purchase one of the old wooden seats from the Grandstand ? I reckon i could turn it into a decent chair for my man cave, the last relic from the club i once loved.
I expect Nooligan will auction them off. Can't see Brent missing any opportunities to rake in extra dosh while he's still around.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:11 pm

A nooligan shirt on each seat for the grand opening. Dressed up as charidee of course with all funds being sidelined away from the club.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Freathy wrote:
The who is just Daltry and Townsend now isn't it?  That's only two seats.
Bloody good job since that's the actual number of seats in the 'shelf'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Fresh-Prince wrote:
Freathy wrote:
The who is just Daltry and Townsend now isn't it?  That's only two seats.
Bloody good job since that's the actual number of seats in the 'shelf'
lol! They're also in hiding now because One Direction fans are after them because they wrote a song about 40 years ago that miraculously sounds like a song One Direction now mime to and some people are baffled by the similarity of them so the One Direction fans have issued death threats to The Who for writing Barbara O'Riley 40 years before their idols, if you get my drift scratch 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The who will get seats in the shelf thread   The who will get seats in the shelf thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The who will get seats in the shelf thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next