Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Where have all the seats gone?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2797
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:19 pm

After phase 1 is complete (lol) the capacity will be 17904, highlighted by Dunlops post on JBSOTI!


'17,904.
The break down of that would be: Grandstand 5,093, Devonport End 2,832, Lyndhurst Stand 7,072, Barn Park End 2,907.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ty-1846560'

Yet in 2007 according to Wikipedia 2007,

'Three major summer initiatives were announced by the club just over a week later, which were carried out over the next month.[27] The Mayflower Terrace was replaced by temporary, unreserved seating with a capacity of 3,500. A new state-of-the-art public address system was installed, and the last of ground's iconic floodlight towers were dismantled after 54 years of service, with a new system put in its place.[28] The capacity of the ground was therefore reduced by roughly two thousand to 19,500 following these changes.'

Where have 1596 seats gone? Has Brent taken them home for his cinema or something?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2797
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:20 pm

This is after the stadium was made all seater, when the Mayflower was standing the capacity was 20,500.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11013
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:04 pm

a smaller capacity stadium after a "redevelopment" must be a legit football first.

Im still not seeing any mention by the herald or the useless trust on the buildings that have taken over the corners rendering stage 2 obsolete.

17000 plus will be it now so let there be no mistake here Argyle's days at Home Park are numbered as soon as a new owner comes in.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

avatar

Posts : 855
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:09 pm

Are they taking out the ridiculous segregation section in that because if not then in reality it will be even less.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4096
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:47 pm

All looking dodgy innit, I reckon somebody has a long term plan to relocate the theatre of schemes.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Almost certainly
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11013
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:02 pm

akagreengull wrote:
All looking dodgy innit, I reckon somebody has a long term plan to relocate the theatre of schemes.

if that pesky football club wasnt there walter softy could build more shit and charge rent on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11013
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

must be related tothe reluctant one surely.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:04 pm

And it will almost certainly be under the present clowns, or at least Hallett. He has no intetion whatsoever, of letting go of control of the purse strings of his mortgagee. The corners will be the first to go under a doom and gloom fairy tale. Done up like a kipper.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2948
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
After phase 1 is complete (lol) the capacity will be 17904, highlighted by Dunlops post on JBSOTI!


'17,904.
The break down of that would be: Grandstand 5,093, Devonport End 2,832, Lyndhurst Stand 7,072, Barn Park End 2,907.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ty-1846560'

Yet in 2007 according to Wikipedia 2007,

'Three major summer initiatives were announced by the club just over a week later, which were carried out over the next month.[27] The Mayflower Terrace was replaced by temporary, unreserved seating with a capacity of 3,500. A new state-of-the-art public address system was installed, and the last of ground's iconic floodlight towers were dismantled after 54 years of service, with a new system put in its place.[28] The capacity of the ground was therefore reduced by roughly two thousand to 19,500 following these changes.'

Where have 1596 seats gone? Has Brent taken them home for his cinema or something?

his putting em in a scratch & sniff deep pan frame (pisspotty style) and knocking em out for
£200 a pop lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4096
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:50 pm

Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

must be related tothe reluctant one surely.

A slimmer version of a aristocratic inbred than our saviour.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2948
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:19 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

must be related tothe reluctant one surely.

A slimmer version of a aristocratic inbred than our saviour.
im Not condoning violence in any possible way but that twat has just got one of them punchable faces lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2797
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:39 pm

It was a serious question, where have the seats gone? 1596 of them to be precise that's a lot of seats, the same as a pretty good league 1 away allocation. I'm baffled.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4096
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All explained Angry by Project lead Back lol.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11013
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:18 am

akagreengull wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All explained Angry by Project lead Back lol.

I See but no actual reason for quietly cutting corners on stage 2, pun intended.

Why has del been given that much influence to dictate where the dugouts are going at the cost of the caacity!!!! he isnt going to be manager here 10 years down the road we will still be lumbered with this shit stack.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2797
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:41 am

akagreengull wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All explained Angry by Project lead Back lol.

I still don't understand where the seats have gone? Is the extra corporate covering half the Mayflowera.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

avatar

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:29 pm

I'm in no doubt that the end game is to move Argyle away from Home Park.

By a rough count I reckon there's about 35-38 existing league clubs who've moved ground since Scunthorpe started the modern trend in the late 80s. I get a bit confused with some of the ex- non-league clubs. For reference I think Southend were the last before then in the 50s.

So a good third of the league have done it in my football supporting lifetime and I'd love to know
a) which clubs are happy with the move
b) how many have gone on to love it
and c) how many have learnt to tolerate it.

I don't have the answers but, for example, are fans of Southampton who have doubled capacity and moved across the street more inclined to love it than the obvious haters of Coventry and West Ham. Those who had unsuitable old grounds or the sale of the land saved the club may tolerate a move further out ot town.

On the other side you have clubs like Notts County and Preston who have completely rebuilt while going nowhere. And how can there be a more perfect site for Argyle than Home Park. Where exactly would we go?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

avatar

Posts : 855
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:32 pm

It's all about SLASHING the price and saving as much momey as possible. Takes true SLASHER skills to do that.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5450
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Been up and bought the lad the new home shirt today, place is a fcuking tip, can't see me donating much through the turnstiles this season, enough is enough, jog on jimbo.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4894
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 58
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Greenlander wrote:
I'm in no doubt that the end game is to move Argyle away from Home Park.

By a rough count I reckon there's about 35-38 existing league clubs who've moved ground since Scunthorpe started the modern trend in the late 80s. I get a bit confused with some of the ex- non-league clubs. For reference I think Southend were the last before then in the 50s.

So a good third of the league have done it in my football supporting lifetime and I'd love to know
a) which clubs are happy with the move
b) how many have gone on to love it
and c) how many have learnt to tolerate it.

I don't have the answers but, for example, are fans of Southampton who have doubled capacity and moved across the street more inclined to love it than the obvious haters of Coventry and West Ham. Those who had unsuitable old grounds or the sale of the land saved the club may tolerate a move further out ot town.

On the other side you have clubs like Notts County and Preston who have completely rebuilt while going nowhere. And how can there be a more perfect site for Argyle than Home Park. Where exactly would we go?    

Pretty harsh judgement on PNE. Went there in Warnock's promotion season and it was frankly a tip, three sides of the ground underdeveloped or closed completely with the only good side being the one with Tom Finney's face on the seats. Decent ground now and a decent championship side for quite a few years, certainly made better progress than Argyle. I actually don't think Argyle will move in the foreseeable future if ever, if they did the possible sites would need to be on the outskirts of the city presumably-maybe a site near the A38 and railway line where a station could be situated. If it was like the stadium at Brighton-absolutely superb but more likely to be similar to Barnet.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1801
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Wouldn't IJN prefer a move to Cornwall?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2948
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:12 pm

I’d think most would prefer if he was on the move
Pat ...On a slow boat to china
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11013
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Greenlander wrote:
I'm in no doubt that the end game is to move Argyle away from Home Park.

By a rough count I reckon there's about 35-38 existing league clubs who've moved ground since Scunthorpe started the modern trend in the late 80s. I get a bit confused with some of the ex- non-league clubs. For reference I think Southend were the last before then in the 50s.

So a good third of the league have done it in my football supporting lifetime and I'd love to know
a) which clubs are happy with the move
b) how many have gone on to love it
and c) how many have learnt to tolerate it.

I don't have the answers but, for example, are fans of Southampton who have doubled capacity and moved across the street more inclined to love it than the obvious haters of Coventry and West Ham. Those who had unsuitable old grounds or the sale of the land saved the club may tolerate a move further out ot town.

On the other side you have clubs like Notts County and Preston who have completely rebuilt while going nowhere. And how can there be a more perfect site for Argyle than Home Park. Where exactly would we go?
It's going to happen sadly Greenlander.

the only saving grace would be restructuring the devonport end into a bigger stand with two tiers which can be achieve not with ease gien the space behind the stand but certainly easier to do then lyndhurst and barn park. As that would be costly it would probably easier to just build a new stadium elsewhere, finding a suitable location will not be easy at all.

mayflower is fecked for any future redevelopment plans thanks to the reluctant onne.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 2948
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Wasn’t there talk or rumour a while back the about the the old airport site
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 2797
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:29 pm

The only thing stopping the move is that no one would be allowed to build housing on home park we would have moved years ago else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Where have all the seats gone?   

Back to top Go down
 
Where have all the seats gone?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: