Elias
Tringreen
SwimWithTheTide
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Seats on the old terrace Empty
PostSubject: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:21 pm

They are having a debate on  temporary seating on the Mayflower terrace again for the run in, cost have been the main issue. £100.000 to rent them  last time for the season.
My say would we need to fill all the site with seats, 50% would be enough I would  think.
What is ATD  view on it?

Why was it closed

Plymouth Argyle have confirmed they are scrapping the Mayflower Enclosure at Home Park next season, reports The Herald.

They will no longer rent around 3,500 temporary seats, which have been placed on the former area of terracing.

Argyle say they have taken the decision in advance of the planned demolition of the Mayflower

Grandstand at the end of next season.

But the cash-strapped club also admitted that not renting the temporary seating would save them around £100,000.
The average gate is hovering above 10,000 with two games to go, and there is also the strong possibility of the Pilgrims being relegated to League One.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tgwu on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:33 pm

They can debate all they like it wont see them return. The seats that where there before where only permitted as they where a temporary measure and as we know with argyle they get confused with the meaning of temporary.

I take it then the clusterfuck has hit yet another funding gap lol
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Install them for the entire season at a rent cost of 100k? Nah, not worth it. If we're up there still with a couple of games to go and the play offs look likely then yeah sure on a temp basis. It may not be profitable, but the opportunity to get more people in Home Park will aid with us developing more fans for the future. I've no doubt that the Horseshoe and Grandstand should sell out to the more seasoned fans if we were in a play-off semi final, but increasing the capacity to welcome more casuals can only be beneficial. Breeding a fan-base rather than complacently accepting what we've already got. It shouldn't cost a ridiculous amount to get temp seating in there, Shrewsbury did it earlier in the season just for the one game against Chelsea.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 2:28 pm

I doubt very much that a play off match in the 4th tier would generate that much interest.............10 to 12 k absolute max.

The bigger picture remains not only worryingly village and full of self interest from the usual suspects but also lacking in any inspired forward planning or cash backed ambition.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Offer £100 rest of season 1,000 buy they are paid for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm pretty sure the £100k is the price for a whole season, obviously for two months it would be a lot less than that. The question is how many seats will they need, I would have thought 12 k would be the most to expect for a playoff run in? We have more capacity than that at the moment I think.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:11 pm

I think current capacity is about 14000 but around 2500 of them are for away fans so we're very unlikely to get many more than 12000 in.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
I'm pretty sure the £100k is the price for a whole season, obviously for two months it would be a lot less than that. The question is how many seats will they need, I would have thought 12 k would be the most to expect for a playoff run in? We have more capacity than that at the moment I think.

Printed on the packet

Quote.

"Chief operating officer Tony Campbell confirmed the closure of the Mayflower Enclosure from the end of the current campaign

Also, the Mayflower Enclosure is a huge drain on the club's finances. We are paying getting on for £100,000 a season for seating which, on this season's gates, is an expense we cannot justify
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Printed on the packet

Quote.

"Chief operating officer Tony Campbell confirmed the closure of the Mayflower Enclosure from the end of the current campaign

Also, the Mayflower Enclosure is a huge drain on the club's finances. We are paying getting on for £100,000 a season for seating which, on this season's gates, is an expense we cannot justify

Ahhh Mr Campbell the old pasoti darling who brought to the club the non investing Japanese lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:04 pm

We would easily fill 12000 seats for a play-off match but it doesn't really matter because we ain't doing play-offs - we're doing auto.
If not seats then at least do something with it. Wide rolls of green and white material run down from top to bottom would look better than concrete slbs.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 pm

What laws and regulations stop the stand from just being a place without seats again?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:31 pm

hippo wrote:
What laws and regulations stop the stand from just being a place without seats again?  

I think having been in the CCC and having had to go all-seater after a certain timescale, (stipulated by the Football League) this measure cannot be reversed, i.e. seating area return to terracing, even if you fall back down the league as we have.

The good news is, if we ever implode again, there is no such stipulation in the Conference. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:33 pm

lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seats on the old terrace   Seats on the old terrace Empty

Back to top Go down

Seats on the old terrace
Page 1 of 1