pepsipete
Dane
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:52 pm

I find it ironic that sensi talks about 'pack mentality'. If someone disagrees with his point of view he is the first to throw vile insults
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Nobody said there were 20 in a pack HHP.    I doubt you could be bothered as I probably wouldn't  but if you look you can see where it happens that a gang, albeit a small one, do jump on things regularly.    It is the same people time and time again.    I agree that the forum is fine but because of the mentality I see then freedom of speech doesn't always thrive.    I would guess, and it's only that, that some people don't post on some subjects because they don't think it's worth the hassle if it is against the tide.    That if true stiffles freedom of speech rather than encourages it.   Disagreeing is not an attempt to rub people up the wrong way it is the stating of that persons opinion on the subject at hand.    It is belittled often as an attempt to do what you describe which is easier than arguing the point.    Debate is about persuading somebody to look at their opinion again with something worth considering not "you are a boring retard" which adds nothing at all.   Dismiss people with that kind of response all the time and eventually you are left with just one point of view because others won't bother to join in.

Dane, I am one person and hardly constitute a pack. If you could read (oops, vile insult) you might see that I don't throw vile insults all the time at all. I do however have a go back at certain people who clearly don't like me and pick away. Feel free to see it differently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Sensible, i said i didn't see twenty on to one but i didn't infer that you did say that. I certainly didn't say that all disagreeing was an attempt to rub people up the wrong way, it was my opinion that certain posters do................i dare you to disagree with that !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Well we will agree that there aren't packs of 20. We might disagree that any poster disagrees in an attempt to rub somebody up the wrong way though. I like to think people express a view and if it differs then it's because that's what they think and not simply to get a reaction. However, some subjects lend themselves to a bit of piss taking which is fine of course. The secret is to know the difference between a serious point of view when the subject matters and the piss take when it is trivial and not treat all the same. Some people don't have a sense of humour at all though when it comes to certain others.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Mole
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Dane. wrote:
Mole

Nah...

Just a whack job. The guy really isn't all there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Wondered how long it would take you to turn up. Must take ages sharpening your nails. As for Dane well, it really is laughable. So desperate to get accepted he will say anything to ingratiate himself. You do make great bed fellows though.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:45 pm

The only one desperate to be 'accepted' is you. You never stop banging on about the fact that you and your opinions aren't.

There is a reason for that.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Dane. wrote:
I find it ironic that sensi talks about 'pack mentality'. If someone disagrees with his point of view he is the first to throw vile insults

This did make me laugh when I saw it! Especially when I thought of your part in the ATD fake site and the things that were written about some of the people on here.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:38 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Dane. wrote:

This did make me laugh when I saw it! Especially when I thought of your part in the ATD fake site and the things that were written about some of the people on here.

Laughing 

1-0 Mouldy.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 am

It's a beautiful morning by the sea, in Cornwall sunny 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:13 am

Tringreen wrote:
It's a beautiful morning by the sea, in Cornwall sunny 

Careful, they might use that as a way of sending you a solicitor's letter Laughing 

To Tring

Kornwarl.

lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:50 pm

The River Douro is nice as well, I was going to get the popocorn out then I thought feck it I'll go for another swim and have a beer before dinner. sunny 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Good choice Iggy, keep it real FFS!
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Maybe there is a need. This one is slowly disappearing down the plug hole. Many prominent posters have jumped ship and even the stalwarts post very infrequently.Old Captain Sensible will be talking to himself in a minute.Even the MODS don't seem interested and when you get to that stage...its curtains.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 pm

HELLO......HELLO......IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:36 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Maybe there is a need. This one is slowly disappearing down the plug hole. Many prominent posters have jumped ship and even the stalwarts post very infrequently.Old Captain Sensible will be talking to himself in a minute.Even the MODS don't seem interested and when you get to that stage...its curtains.
Posters come and go, yes some of the ones that have gone were good but i dont think its all to do with this forum, some of it is to do with the never ending cycle of shit we endure and while knobbers like nool strut about the farm being very very important there will always be a need for a forum like this, unless argyle the club just shrivvel and die which i think is a real possibility.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
Posters come and go, yes some of the ones that have gone were good but i dont think its all to do with this forum, some of it is to do with the never ending cycle of shit we endure and while knobbers like nool strut about the farm being very very important there will always be a need for a forum like this, unless argyle the club just shrivvel and die which i think is a real possibility.

I don't always agree with what ss68 says but what he has just posted is well true. People are so fed up with the way nool and chums have continued with there games has put people off. Also most people I talk to say we missed are best chance when ollie was here. Sadly fans have voted with there feet and gone and done other things. A sad turn of events.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:47 am

greensleeves wrote:

For a long time there were only 12 of us freaks n weirdos Cool . The last couple of years have seen increases in traffic, largely due to the state of the club and the nefarious activities of those in position on the farm being exposed. There will always be frictions when a forum is as open as we are.

Now that it looks like the war is about to be lost and the lunatics have actually taken over the asylum, many won't be very interested in talking football.................. because it will still be crap, the club is now an Avivafest for the self promoting and the dim and there is more to life than trying to flog a dead Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:50 am

Tringreen wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
For a long time there were only 12 of us freaks n weirdos Cool . The last couple of years have seen increases in traffic, largely due to the state of the club and the nefarious activities of those in position on the farm being exposed. There will always be frictions when a forum is as open as we are.

Now that it looks like the war is about to be lost and the lunatics have actually taken over the asylum, many won't be very interested in talking football.................. because it will still be crap, the club is now an Avivafest for the self promoting and the dim and there is more to life than trying to flog a  dead Argyle.
Im off on hoilday later today, and it will be a relief (for everyone i know) not to post or read about aviva argyle because it truly is wall to wall crap! i know i'm not a superfan bucket rattler travel to southend kind of guy but to be honest i truly dont want to be! i can see my already few trips to ministand park getting less and less until i just cant be arsed to ever go again, even if by some miracle they drew man yoo or chelsea in the cup.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:56 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Now that it looks like the war is about to be lost and the lunatics have actually taken over the asylum, many won't be very interested in talking football.................. because it will still be crap, the club is now an Avivafest for the self promoting and the dim and there is more to life than trying to flog a  dead Argyle.
Im off on hoilday later today, and it will be a relief (for everyone i know) not to post or read about aviva argyle because it truly is wall to wall crap! i know i'm not a superfan bucket rattler travel to southend kind of guy but to be honest i truly dont want to be! i can see my already few trips to ministand park getting less and less until i just cant be arsed to ever go again, even if by some miracle they drew man yoo or chelsea in the cup.
Not possible dear boy. Gotta get to round three first:lol!: 

Enjoy your holiday. I'll be driving past HP Saturday morning.................... and won't be stopping. Never thought that would happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:58 am

I'm sure Sensible will really miss you and will be praying for your safe return !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:58 am

Football clubs go through good and bad phases.....history shows that.

In recent years PAFC have had seven good years and we are well into our seven bad years at present (bit biblical there).

It is a case of just hanging in there and waiting for the pendulum to swing back the other way.

Those in leadership/power will be history one day like all those before them.

The problem for me is that I've been following Argyle for over 60yrs....so I have not got too much time to see the good days return.
Back to top Go down

Cheers tring you have a good one to bey!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:38 am

There's life in the old girl yet. I'm thinking there's a long way to go before we're one big (well maybe not so big) happy family. If onfield stuff doesn't show a rapid and sustainable improvement dissatisfaction will still need a place to manifest itself.

ATD : Land of the free and home of the brave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a new forum ?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next