pepsipete
Dane
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Demport nowadays is far from a dump. Let people think it is one, though - that way we get to keep it all for ourselves.

#bestkeptsecretinplymouth #devonportparkproveswhatparksSHOULDbelike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Why would a new forum be needed? Unless you close membership to those posters you want then surely it will replicate this site. That is unless the 100% negatives want only to see their own views replicated? I liked GOB, respected Penz's knowledge and perspective and quite enjoyed Hairy. They've deleted their accounts and so be it.

People will decide to post or not and people will come and go. Such is life. This site isn't in existence for popularity awards, I think that much is clear.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Peggy * wrote:
Demport nowadays is far from a dump. Let people think it is one, though - that way we get to keep it all for ourselves.

they may have put up some nice shiny buildings, but its the people that the council put there that make the area crap

FYI my mum, dad and uncles all grew up on Pembroke street
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Peggy * wrote:

Serious question.... I had a couple of friends who came across it by accident recently & they raved about it. Another friend today said she wanted somewhere to go with her daughter & baby grand-daughter when they visit in the next few days. I suggested getting off the train, walking through that Park & on to King William Yard. Is that a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Yes.

A man of few words but all of them helpful..... Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 11:33 pm

He's right though. They could even just spend the day in the park - there's a cafe (community run, not Nandos), clean toilets (free), all sorts of planting in various defined areas (including a wildflower meadow and sensory stuff) and two playgrounds (one for proper tinies and one for up to twelve, both including cute little playhouses) amongst all the other delights.

If they see a small person (but quite tall for her age) attempting take off to Jupiter on the swing, it'll be the five year old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:36 am

Even at 20 cough cough.......you must find it difficult to get sneaky rides with the little people without the odd eyebrow twitching.

.....and this all started because is it "time for a new forum" discussion....clever sidetracking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:15 am

Sidetracking is ATD's style.

My view on another forum is that if people want one, go ahead - it's a free country.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:51 am

Back on track, this forum for all of its foibles and slightly deranged members should be left alone. Through all the shite and bluster there's some not bad stuff on here. Leave it be.

Not that opinion is valid like, beig a poodle :-)
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:47 am

Leigh, come out with any more nice things like this (I think!) and next time I am in Plymouth I will seek you out with my pinking shears!!! Very Happy 

You are right though, this place has always had a light touch when it comes to modding, maybe too light sometimes, but it works pretty well. It should be left alone.

I agree with Knecht, if people want to leave and start their own forum then fine, but it would be a shame to see ATD diluted of it's rich mixture of views.

There is too much abuse and sometimes some posters are shouted down when they have a good word to say about Argyle and as mods we should do something about it even if is just to post to say Oi! let the guy have his say and cut the crap!

My feelings about Argyle at the moment is I am tired of all the shit! We have been on a downer ever since Olly left. We have had todd, sir roy, japs, good players sold, crap players brought in, Sturrock mk2, world cup bid, mariner, relegations, administration, bil, heaney, staff not paid, riddler, stories of riddlers expenses, Peter Reid sacked, fletch manager, pasb elections, pasb, AFT sidelined and shot at from almost every angle, near expulsion from the league 2 seasons running, hhp plans and all the shit which comes with that!

When Mr Brent took over I was so hopeful that we had stopped the downwards spiral but it has been no better. It could be so different if only he would listen to 'bread and butter' fans, ordinary fans, not the ones he surrounds himself with. Let them tell him why they are unhappy with the club and the plans for hhp. If he could bring himself to see what the ordinary fans would like to see, fans that have no interest in any position of influence at PAFC or reward except to see the club they love successful and pushing for the top flight. If he altered his plans a bit he would see more people at home games, which would mean more revenue for the club and his goal of a sustainable future.

I fear that if all his plans go through and the City of Plymouth are left with a much reduced and spoilt park and a club that has nowhere to go except the lower reaches of the football league or worse then the name of Brent will, for many years, be a dirty one along with those that have helped him. He has the opportunity to do so much good for the City and not to do so would be a crying shame.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell!)
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:58 am

What for?

This is a dull, boring, scabby little one trick pony of a forum, but so are all footy forums, this one is yours, get in with it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Leigh, come out with any more nice things like this (I think!) and next time I am in Plymouth I will seek you out with my pinking shears!!! Very Happy 

You are right though, this place has always had a light touch when it comes to modding, maybe too light sometimes, but it works pretty well. It should be left alone.

I agree with Knecht, if people want to leave and start their own forum then fine, but it would be a shame to see ATD diluted of it's rich mixture of views.

There is too much abuse and sometimes some posters are shouted down when they have a good word to say about Argyle and as mods we should do something about it even if is just to post to say Oi! let the guy have his say and cut the crap!

My feelings about Argyle at the moment is I am tired of all the shit! We have been on a downer ever since Olly left. We have had todd, sir roy, japs, good players sold, crap players brought in, Sturrock mk2, world cup bid, mariner, relegations, administration, bil, heaney, staff not paid, riddler, stories of riddlers expenses, Peter Reid sacked, fletch manager, pasb elections, pasb, AFT sidelined and shot at from almost every angle, near expulsion from the league 2 seasons running, hhp plans and all the shit which comes with that!

When Mr Brent took over I was so hopeful that we had stopped the downwards spiral but it has been no better. It could be so different if only he would listen to 'bread and butter' fans, ordinary fans, not the ones he surrounds himself with. Let them tell him why they are unhappy with the club and the plans for hhp. If he could bring himself to see what the ordinary fans would like to see, fans that have no interest in any position of influence at PAFC or reward except to see the club they love successful and pushing for the top flight. If he altered his plans a bit he would see more people at home games, which would mean more revenue for the club and his goal of a sustainable future.

I fear that if all his plans go through and the City of Plymouth are left with a much reduced and spoilt park and a club that has nowhere to go except the lower reaches of the football league or worse then the name of Brent will, for many years, be a dirty one along with those that have helped him. He has the opportunity to do so much good for the City and not to do so would be a crying shame.

Agree with much of that MOG, but just to highlight a bit there, there's a world of difference between someone getting abuse, and as you put it, being shouted down. It's even been said on here before that when 3or 4 people take a counter-view to what one person says, then that is bullying! BullyingFFS!

That is of course utter bollocks, and is a card that is played every so often to get the sympathy vote. If anyone thinks they're being unjustly and routinely abused, come out publicly and say it. Otherwise if people are moaning that they don't like the general tone of the site, well that's just hard cheese innit.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Agree with much of that MOG, but just to highlight a bit there, there's a world of difference between someone getting abuse, and as you put it, being shouted down. It's even been said on here before that when 3or 4 people take a counter-view to what one person says, then that is bullying! BullyingFFS!

That is of course utter bollocks, and is a card that is played every so often to get the sympathy vote. If anyone thinks they're being unjustly and routinely abused, come out publicly and say it. Otherwise if people are moaning that they don't like the general tone of the site, well that's just hard cheese innit.

I really like you , dear boy. Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Are we talking man love or rispek?

This place is OK, not perfect but as Lord Tisisle says, get on with it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:27 pm

seadog wrote:
Are we talking man love or rispek?

This place is OK, not perfect but as Lord Tisisle says, get on with it.

Rispek, foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Leave and start a new forum What a Face , who could ever imagine it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Leave and start a new forum What a Face , who could ever imagine it.

Ha ha ! just get rid of Rickler n Tringy and you'd have a nice little forum.

Look how far we've come.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Czar you are right it is bollocks to say it is bullying but it can sometimes become 'gang like' in its tone (if that makes sense?).
As I said earlier maybe it needs the mods to intervene more and say 'cool it.'
As someone said earlier, I see the forum as being like 'down the pub' as well with the mods being the bar staff with Knecht and Chemical Ali the landlords (in a non gay way, of course! Very Happy ) all keeping an eye on the customers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:58 pm

knecht is definetely more wine bar than pub !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:

I've had the piss taken out of me for liking real ale and now for preferring wine bars. scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:37 pm

No piss take intended knecht, you just seem like a chap with good taste who enjoys the finer things in life.................like Argyle !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:05 pm

knecht wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

I've had the piss taken out of me for liking real ale and now for preferring wine bars. scratch 

Are there many wine bars in the metropolis you call your hometown Knecht? Suspect 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 pm

There are different forms of bullying and it comes down a lot to the theme of the site you are on. This one has a definite bias towards negative thoughts on Argyle and anything virtually to do with it. It doesn't seem possible to have an individual opinion on individual subjects. You are cast as being totally for positive or totally for negativity and not allowed to have opinions that go between the both when the subject changes.

I see a lack of respect for a differing opinion. Go against the tide and there is a definate campaign to brand or belittle which others join in on readily. Therein is the pack instinct which is picked up like a gang around a carcass. You only have to look through some threads to see the branders and the usual suspects who immediately jump on the bandwagon to get their kick in. I just don't understand why people's point of view can't differ and be accept as a genuine belief on their part. Disagreement is fine but turning on it mob handed is hardly a convincing argument that they are wrong and you are right. It is a form of bullying.

This is a fairly annonimous forum where people don't know personally the others. Nobody gets physically hurt by anything that goes on so it's not the real world. If it was an office for example and things were said by a mob to one person then it would be bullying by definition but it isn't. Discussion with diverse views is surely healthy though. However rather than change somebodies view by persuation it seems to be to belittle which is easier of the two. For a discussion forum that's a bit sad. A site with one single point of view isn't worth having and would become sterile in no time at all. Why create a new one, this one could be fine if some discussion were allowed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Sensible, admittedly i'm pretty knew to this site but i don't see things being the way you describe them, i.e, pack mentality and mob rule. Posters disagree with each other and at times insults are exchanged with maybe two or three people taking one side or the other but i don't see the playground scenario of twenty on to one. I think there are certain posters who appear to disagree in an attempt to rub people up the wrong way and provoke but that's just my opinion and even if true it doesn't particularly bother me. This is a fine forum where freedom of speech thrives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new forum ?   Time for a new forum ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a new forum ?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next