shonbo
Damon.Lenszner
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:24 am

Have a look at the picture posted on page 1 of P@SOTI Q&A thread. It's a close up of Akerron Plan 2a horseshoe extension and states "Column retained restricted view"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:45 am

green_genie wrote:
Have a look at the picture posted on page 1 of P@SOTI Q&A thread. It's a close up of Akerron Plan 2a horseshoe extension and states "Column retained restricted view"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Only a fool would believe this to be a workable solution - taking the pish I'm afraid!! Just build the main stand properly boss!!Shocked
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:03 am

So we're (that is to say, the club) is going to be able to afford to spend £2.5 million on 2,500 seats of restricted viewing.

Are we heck. For one we could never afford to take that money out of our playing budget. For two it wouldn't be a worthy return for such few restricted view seats. Shame that the working groups plans of a 9,000 grandstand for an equal/even less amount of money were not taken up.  HP will never see a crowd of above 17,000 again. Sigh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:38 am

Not only that GS - can you imagine a couple of 6 footers sitting in the top 2 rows celbrating a goal with their hands in the air? It is a joke - midgets only in the top row sir!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:18 pm

If the footings were built properly in the first place then you could have added another shelf above the existing because then most of the weight is loaded directly downward onto the ground. You could even just shoot some supports outside of the existing ones and hang another shelf off that without interfering with the existing structure, maybe by constructing some kind of ring beam footing? I am sure it could still be done but the cost may be prohibitive, this scheme is like everything Akkeron proposes to Argyle, half arsed and hardly worth doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 3:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:42 pm

This is what needs dealing with now, a lot of people are swallowing all this bullshit about extending the existing horseshoe, it is a badge they have that right, it would hardly be worth doing.
I always understood that the Barr plans allowed for extending upwards by placing another stand on top of what we have now, I also remember hearing that we couldn't because the footings weren't built with this in mind to save money?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:08 pm

This is why that scoundrel Brent has lying to the fans since day 1.
If you remember the original design was actually a 1 tier thing, que the unrest and i think within 48 hrs it had been upgraded to a shelf design with an extra 800 seats as if by magic.
Brent is a shyster of the highest order
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:14 pm

I find it hard to believe that anybody ever truly believed that expansion was possible in the first place but surely the notion that Home Park's capacity will be realistically expandable once the development is complete is now as dead as the proverbial dodo?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

Crikey I used to moan that floodlights weren't floodlights anymore. Why? Not for any technical quality but because a football club defines a town or city. Take me to a new city and I'll look out for it's football club.

I had you down as just another whinger, but any man who mourns the passing of the four floodlight towers at every City's football ground deserves more respect than that.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Well done Graham!

A few fans with some engineering knowledge ( and even some with none) have been banging on about the horseshoe expansion ever since it was first mentioned but we've just been shouted down and told to stop going on like a stuck record. I've said it a few times, if Akkeron want to shut some of us up, show us the engineering and costings to prove the expansion plans are both economical and viable.

It's quite simple, Akkeron went out of their way to reject the WG's proposal. Surely they can go out of their way to prove the expansion plan is viable using the same criteria and green guide they used when evaluating the WG's proposal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very interesting indeed.

One of the most interesting discussions on there for some time.

(And I was interested to see one of the FoCP disrupters questioning the proposals also.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:34 pm

New thought of the day from Tony Cholwell? In reply to Damon posting the 16388 figure, LMFAO.

Damon, this is quite normal, no need to panic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:41 pm

Iggy wrote:
New thought of the day from Tony Cholwell? In reply to Damon posting the 16388 figure, LMFAO.

Damon, this is quite normal, no need to panic.

what would he know what is normal or not he snoops for a living.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A   Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Completed PASOTI HHP and Grandstand Q&A
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4