Charlie Wood
Pony Ride
Mock Cuncher
Damon.Lenszner
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:24 am

Angry wrote:
Depends on who they bring in Pulis installed a work rate that if a manager builds on like olie did they could go to another level. But if it is Mark Hughes that takes the job he would be a disaster for them imo.

For me a manager like Gus Poyet would suit them

I refer you to my post on page 1 almost a week ago.

I don't think Poyet is an option - it would surely be too big a step from the functional Pulis to the more flamboyant Poyet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:34 am

knecht wrote:
Angry wrote:
Depends on who they bring in Pulis installed a work rate that if a manager builds on like olie did they could go to another level. But if it is Mark Hughes that takes the job he would be a disaster for them imo.

For me a manager like Gus Poyet would suit them

I refer you to my post on page 1 almost a week ago.

I don't think Poyet is an option - it would surely be too big a step from the functional Pulis to the more flamboyant Poyet.

Stoke i feel will look for a manager who can inspire an attack play however i dont see them attracting too many big names to the job so i feel they will offer it to a Poyet or even a Di Matteo which wouldnt be a bad thing imo.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:17 pm

I agree with Greensleeves earlier comments that there were some very good matches under Pulis and the home game against Wolves was the highlight for me.
He was able to assess players very quickly and got rid of some of the dross we had.
He sets out his style in that if you buy a 6ft 6" striker (Crouch) you don't necessarily play tippy tappy in midfield you launch it high and quick into the box as often as you can.
He gets teams to play to their strengths which has served Stoke well plus the other clubs he has managed.

p.s To add that Dane's comments are so wide of the mark it's laughable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:47 pm

HUGHES OUT

lol!
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:28 am

I see the Stoke fans are up in arms about the possible appointment of Mark Hughes. Hughes out placards are out even before he has been appointed.
Happy days in the Potteries.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:32 am

I think Hughes is a poor manager (apart from his spell at Blackburn) and was surprised to see that he'd managed a lot more games in the premiership than Pulis. If he's appointed I think I might have a few quid on them going down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:34 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I think Hughes is a poor manager (apart from his spell at Blackburn) and was surprised to see that he'd managed a lot more games in the premiership than Pulis. If he's appointed I think I might have a few quid on them going down.

Get your money out Ali, Hughes appointed. He is a really poor appointment, he must be Robbie Savage thinks he's a great manager. Watch them piss even more money away with little results.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Pulis or Hughes ?

Surely that is a step towards the Championship.... taking Hughes as their new manager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3