HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stoke Social Club

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Stoke Social Club Empty
PostSubject: Stoke Social Club   Stoke Social Club EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:18 pm

There was mention on another thread of the Trust's old ISC... It's funny how random memories pop unbidden into your mind and I've just had a flashback to the inaugural Trust meeting set up by the ISC. It was a very ramshackle affair and the numbers that turned up made coherence impossible; I could hear very little that was said from those hosting the occasion and the low stage meant i couldn't see them much either. What little I could hear came from the rep visiting on behalf of the Exeter FC Trust who must have been louder spoken than the others. Anyway he said something along the lines of "be ready, always be ready, never give up and, above all, don't be surprised when people attack you who you never imagined for a moment would attack you." That man showed prescience well beyond what anybody could have then anticipated.

The other notable event was the unscheduled and hush hush appearance, clearly contra to club orders, of Romain Larrieu. He lifted spirits sky high and the roof nearly came off the place. Recent events suggest that he won't ever be Club President, which is a shame, but I can think of no reason why he couldn't be Hon. President (or some such) of the AFT.

If there's an AFT person reading: GET. IT. DONE.

(Or at least sound him out if you haven't already.)
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
seadog
Admin

Stoke Social Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoke Social Club   Stoke Social Club EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Good call Sir Frank.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Stoke Social Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoke Social Club   Stoke Social Club EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:30 am

Bad call Sir Frank..

What purpose is Ro going to serve as Hon President of the AFT?

The AFT is the one Argyle organization that seems at the moment to be even more useless than the PASB?

Talk about the AFT fiddling while Rome burns -- it seems mainly preoccupied with film nights and promoting GOS on facebook.

Under its current non leadership, rumours are rife of plummeting memberships and loss of board members.

I'm guessing the AFT will barely exist in a few years.
Back to top Go down

Stoke Social Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoke Social Club   Stoke Social Club EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:55 am

What has the AFT done on the Mayflower issue? Where has the consultation and representation been?

The PASB is mischievous and political, but the AFT is virtually defunct. I don't see what purpose it serves any more.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Stoke Social Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoke Social Club   Stoke Social Club EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:51 am

Ejh,

I'll agree the AFT has been quiet lately but it has been the close season and people do have other jobs and holidays to attend to.

As I've been reminded, they also did have a consultation of it's members about the grandstand issue and they did set up "the working group" to look at the issue. They also do their part on the PASB, which is god only knows what. Lots of emails flying backwards and forwards, achieving the sum total of diddly squat I imagine but reading all those emails and replying to them does take up an amazing amount of time.
Back to top Go down

Stoke Social Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoke Social Club   Stoke Social Club EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Ejh,

I'll agree the AFT has been quiet lately but it has been the close season and people do have other jobs and holidays to attend to.

As I've been reminded, they also did have a consultation of it's members about the grandstand issue and they did set up "the working group" to look at the issue. They also do their part on the PASB, which is god only knows what. Lots of emails flying backwards and forwards, achieving the sum total of diddly squat I imagine but reading all those emails and replying to them does take up an amazing amount of time.

Indeed. The only part of this whole process which was professional was the Trust' response and the subsequent working group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stoke Social Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoke Social Club   Stoke Social Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Stoke Social Club
Page 1 of 1