Lord Tisdale
Tringreen
Dougie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Can Pulis Save Palace? Empty
PostSubject: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:33 pm

Canny appointment by Palace. If anyone can he can.

I know he ultimately saw us as a stop gap but I think he would have been able to get into the Premiership with a fair wind.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Dougie wrote:
Canny appointment by Palace.  If anyone can he can.

I know he ultimately saw us as a stop gap but I think he would have been able to get into the Premiership with a fair wind.

Awful but necessary football. I have a feeling that Stoke might live to regret releasing him.

Competing against the big money clubs in the Prem calls for basic methods. If you try to 'play' against them, with inferior players, they murder you.

He could have got us up and got the crowds pouring in to watch blood and guts football. Holloway could have done it with a bit more style.
Sadly, it needs a moderately wealthy owner, interested in the football side of club ownership.

With our soon to be boxed in stadium, it is unlikely we'll ever be fortunate enough to acquire one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Having watched last night, I'd say no. West Ham were so unlucky not to go in 2 or 3-0 up. Palace played ok football - nothing like Stoke once did under Pulis. They'll need to spend a lot in January. They're my favourites to go down - I think they'll go down as the bottom team.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 6:19 pm

No, he can't, but Deano will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 6:44 pm

hairy j wrote:
Having watched last night, I'd say no. West Ham were so unlucky not to go in 2 or 3-0 up. Palace played ok football - nothing like Stoke once did under Pulis. They'll need to spend a lot in January. They're my favourites to go down - I think they'll go down as the bottom team.
He hasn't exactly had a chance to implement his methods on the side yet though!

Palace are shite but there are several other shite teams in the mix so although I initially thought Palace would definitely go down the change of manager so early on might be exactly what they needed. Having a month or so before the transfer window gives Pullis a bit of time to evaluate and stick in his January shopping list to the board.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:39 am

Palace only have to be 4th worst come the season's end so he might.

I can't see Norwich, Cardiff or Manchester United getting many more points than Palace do.

So, yes, Pulis can save them.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Triffic Tone will do it. His players will certainly be made to work 'aaaaaaaaaaard. Next season he'll make Palace a mid-table side.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Yes he can. Pulis has never been relegated and is proud of that. He wouldn't have taken the job unless he had assurances money would be available and he if he's confident then Palace fans should be too. Palace have now conceded 1goal in their last three games. In true Pu style the defence will be sorted first.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Norwich, Fulham, Cardiff, Palace, Sunderland, Stoke and West Ham all look terrible this season.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I can't see Norwich, Cardiff or Manchester United getting many more points than Palace do.

Manure?

The Muncher has it, there are some poor sides around at the mo, I think it is perm 3 from 8 and tbf it could be any three.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Manure?

The Muncher has it, there are some poor sides around at the mo, I think it is perm 3 from 8 and tbf it could be any three.
Pulis can do it, nobody parks the bus better than tone.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

has he got a 6ft plus striker too hoof it too ?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Manure?

Sorry. I meant City. Obviously.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:16 pm

The boy done good today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm

It will go down to the last day i reckon but if he buys well in January i dont see any reason why he wont do. It would be a massive achievement worthy of manager of the year if he pulls it off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 pm

When palace hired pulis, safety was assured, a top top manager in my book.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Actually I meant United not City all along.

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Pulis Save Palace?   Can Pulis Save Palace? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Pulis Save Palace?
Page 1 of 1