Mock Cuncher
Damon.Lenszner
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Tony Pulis sacked by Stoke.
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Martinez? - oh well here goes the 'wad' merry go round!!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Remember the last time a former Argyle manager got sacked from a Premiership club?

We had Newell fawning over us signing him on PASOTI. I mean...honestly.

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Pony Ride

Pony Ride

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Mourinho to Stoke, Pulis to Madrid.
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Must be an opening there for fletch
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Where will Poyet go?
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:11 pm

Indicative of the modern day football fan.

Like Charlton fans before them frustrated at the fact that they could only finish 10th in the Premiership I have a feeling Stoke fans will also come to regret this day.

It's a symptom of the glass ceiling that exists. Many Wigan fans would have taken relegation and winning the FA Cup and bloody right too. For many in the Premiership it is about getting 40 points out of a possible 114. What enjoyment can there be at celebrating winning just over a quarter of all the games you play?
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

Like Charlton fans before them frustrated at the fact that they could only finish 10th in the Premiership I have a feeling Stoke fans will also come to regret this day.

It's a symptom of the glass ceiling that exists. Many Wigan fans would have taken relegation and winning the FA Cup and bloody right too. For many in the Premiership it is about getting 40 points out of a possible 114. What enjoyment can there be at celebrating winning just over a quarter of all the games you play?

Agree with that. Oh to be a Prem/Championship yo-yo club. To be involved in genuine promotion challenges to the Prem must be fantastic.

Not sure what more Stoke are really capable of given the monies and big club brands invloved.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Still never been relegated then. A shoe in (rightly so) for the first Premier League kneejerk sacking once the season starts and x, y or z are unexpectedly in the bottom 3.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

This will make City's Tisdale the second longest serving manager at their existing club (after Wenger).
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Everton? mwahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Since Wegner last won anything with Arsenal every other club has changed their manager.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Will Pulis get another job in the premier league given his reputation as a long ball/defensive manager and antithesis of the beautiful game? Can't see it myself,the ideal job for him now would probably be somewhere like Wolves,a club who are looking for a quick fix to get them moving again,although even their fans would be split on the merit of his appointment.Pulis did a bleddy good job at Stoke [they were almost identical to Argyle in terms of league position and gates when he took over] and as someone said earlier,they may well live to regret his departure.I suppose the pigs head incident can't have helped matters,there were also rumours of bust ups earlier in the season.Nothing against the bloke personally,good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:46 pm

A bit suprised. Stoke are never going to be anything more than Prem lower mid table fodder. Agree that Wolves would be the perfect job for Triffic Tone. He's a big enough name to satisfy the Wolves fans and they need a quick return to the Championship which Pulis could certainly deliver.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:03 pm

He won't be out of work for long. He's the definition of a 'results' manager. I can't see him going to Wolves, would expect him to end up at a top-half championship club, or even another Premier League club.

Really is a strange decision. Do Stoke really think they are ever going to do much better than mid-table Prem? He's got them promoted twice, yet when he has one slightly below par season he gets sacked. Wouldn't be surprised if they went down next season.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

I agree. This years PL was strange with the top 7 or 8 teams way ahead of everyone else and pretty much 10 teams were all sweating at one time or another. Stoke had a bad second half of the season but what are their fans expecting?

They've had it good under Pulis for a few years now and what's probably been his downfall is that he was so successful, relatively speaking, that the one season where they have a bit of a wobble and he's public enemy number 1.

FA Cup finalists and European football for Stoke City is pretty good going, but that's modern football.

Blackburn have a vacancy at present and he's bound to live in or around Stoke which isn't a million miles away.
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:32 pm

As it happens Jock he's a neighbour of mine in Bournemouth. Commuted up to Stoke on a Monday. I've met him a couple of times at the railway station and talked football/argyle. He was genuinely surprised at our support for his first away game at Southampton. Not for the numbers but because we celebrated a 0-0 draw like we'd won the FA Cup. He believed that this was due to our lack of historical "real" success and that the club needed its crossbar raising in terms of standards and expectations. In other words we're a bit village. Cue Tringy and Penz Smile
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
As it happens Jock he's a neighbour of mine in Bournemouth. Commuted up to Stoke on a Monday. I've met him a couple of times at the railway station and talked football/argyle. He was genuinely surprised at our support for his first away game at Southampton. Not for the numbers but because we celebrated a 0-0 draw like we'd won the FA Cup. He believed that this was due to our lack of historical "real" success and that the club needed its crossbar raising in terms of standards and expectations. In other words we're a bit village. Cue Tringy and Penz Smile

100% correct too. Now with a proposed cap on attendance of around 16,000 (with segregation) for all games for effectively all time, Argyle (at Home Park) is permanently recalibrated as a 3rd/4th/5th tier club - no more dreams, no more hope, no more sleeping giant talk . Forever lower league fodder where decent players move away from to better themselves and the dross fight it out to retain league status. Potential future generations of supporters, whose forebears at least had hope, will be lost for good.
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Although i was grateful for the job he did down here taking over from the utter mess Bobby left (oddly enough John Sheridan has repeat this by taking over from the mess Carl left) i was glad he didnt stay another season as i feel his football would have given me serious neck cramp.

He will land another job soon i am sure if Roberto goes my money is on him taking over at Wigan.
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Although i was grateful for the job he did down here taking over from the utter mess Bobby left (oddly enough John Sheridan has repeat this by taking over from the mess Carl left) i was glad he didnt stay another season as i feel his football would have given me serious neck cramp.

He will land another job soon i am sure if Roberto goes my money is on him taking over at Wigan.

I thought about Wigan for him too - Wigan's defence was dire this season.
Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:19 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Martinez? - oh well here goes the 'wad' merry go round!!

Told ya so!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:52 am

Pokesdown wrote:

Rolling Eyes It's all I've ever said really, cos I am a one trick pony lol!

The really sad thing is that the fat controller, upside down andy and chums, still blame apathetic janners........................ oh the irony !
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:02 am

Pulis did what he does best for Argyle. He shipped out the dead wood and made us hard to beat on a limited budget.

It was painful to watch but necessary. I remember seeing Romain time wasting after just 10 mins at Watford.

But, Holloway inherited a lean, mean squad and was able to add his dash of colour.

How long will it be before we have a better chance of making the PL ? If only Stapes and co hadn't got greedy . They too mistakenly thought that the public should turn out in many thousands but as at any club with no history, it required the sort of investment they couldn't provide to make the potential fanbase believe.They chose the 'feather their own nest' route, bought the ground and blamed the apathetic janners, when in reality, they themselves were the dimwitted janners.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:25 am

Pulis even had Chadwick looking a half decent forward affraid

I can only remember him bringing in Nalis (initially on loan) and Elliot Ward- who both turned out to be 'triffic signings. The football was dull but effective. As Tring says it was Pulis that put in the foundations for Holloway to build on.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:30 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Pulis even had Chadwick looking a half decent forward affraid

I can only remember him bringing in Nalis (initially on loan) and Elliot Ward- who both turned out to be 'triffic signings. The football was dull but effective. As Tring says it was Pulis that put in the foundations for Holloway to build on.

How would I know, I'm not a proper fan ? Apart from being told to feck off and support ManU I was also an Exeter fan in disguise.............. and even McLondon Green for a while lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pulis Leaves Stoke   Pulis Leaves Stoke Empty

Back to top Go down

Pulis Leaves Stoke
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next