downthetrack
Elias
Czarcasm
coathypafc
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Ian's new idea  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Its the strangest suggestion I have ever heard. The bloke must be a sandwich short of a picnic to even suggest it. If we need money that desperatley then the owner should dip into his funds.

However our problem is not the lack of money - it is the fact that we have wasted a large amount of money on utter dross. A better manager than Fletcher would have done a vastkly superior job in the summer. A few grand wont fix useless Carl's legacy of ineptitude.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:11 pm

So many comments on this thread take me back to the old adage "be careful what you ask for".

You all wanted to be saved for feck all effort on your own parts, Brent offered you that and you all scooped it up like fluffy little lap dogs. He always said he didn't want the gig and would not chuck his own money at the problem, now some of you want to bitch about him not paying off the staff early or signing Lionel Messi, hello dim people, he is doing exactly what he said he would, no more, no less, and what are you lot doing to avail yourselves of some alternative options for when the land deals are done and Brenty skips up the road? Sweet FA. Mind you if there were points for bitching you would be raking in the prizes.

Get organised, get yourselves a Trust with real fans that have a decent portion of nous running it, start fund raising, from tiny acorns mighty oaks do grow, time, effort, commitment, sacrifice and the selfless will to do something about it are what's needed, fecking get on with it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
So many comments on this thread take me back to the old adage "be careful what you ask for".

You all wanted to be saved for feck all effort on your own parts, Brent offered you that and you all scooped it up like fluffy little lap dogs. He always said he didn't want the gig and would not chuck his own money at the problem, now some of you want to bitch about him not paying off the staff early or signing Lionel Messi, hello dim people, he is doing exactly what he said he would, no more, no less, and what are you lot doing to avail yourselves of some alternative options for when the land deals are done and Brenty skips up the road? Sweet FA. Mind you if there were points for bitching you would be raking in the prizes.

Get organised, get yourselves a Trust with real fans that have a decent portion of nous running it, start fund raising, from tiny acorns mighty oaks do grow, time, effort, commitment, sacrifice and the selfless will to do something about it are what's needed, fecking get on with it.

I would say that is far from the truth actually,certainly not as far as posters on this site are concerned.As far as i can remember,the nearest anyone on ATD got to "scooping it up like fluffy little lapdogs" was to express an exceedingly cautious welcome to James Brent when the admin process came to its tortuous end.Others took a different and more cynical view and they may well have been right,time will tell.Have you posted this on PASOTI,which would have been a more appropriate forum in all truth? Due kudos if you have but i would say that there would be an element of preaching to the converted by posting this on ATD.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Anyroad we can't all get behind the Trust until King Ian has decided that's the last throw of the dice and gives it his royal seal of approval.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Personally, I'd follow the example of that wonderful Mr Brent and loan the club £1,000 for a year at an interest rate to be agreed.

How would that be? Would it get me a parking space?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Well at least it's nice to know that Brent's entertainer is still about. Doesn't this thread belong in the Jokes section?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 pm

The Red Star wrote:
The idea is old hat and something City fans have been doing since the Trust took over. An individual fans group called 1931 contribute monthly to the wages of a new player. We are on our 2nd player I believe.

IMO, this is the last thing Argyle should do. Brent owns the Club, Brent should stump up not your fans...absolutely pathetic idea

You can understand clubs like Exeter doing that nothing wrong with it and i believe a local firm paid the wages of Cureton last season, given the exeter board are not well off nor is the club fans helping out is needed.

However

James Brent is a millionaire and owns several companies that are turning profit. He can afford to invest cash into the club to fund a new striker.

however he isnt interested in the football side of the club despite his quivvering lip.
Back to top Go down
Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Words of wisdom. Do it.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 pm

[quote="Angry of Mayfair"]
The Red Star wrote:
The idea is old hat and something City fans have been doing since the Trust took over. An individual fans group called 1931 contribute monthly to the wages of a new player. We are on our 2nd player I believe.

IMO, this is the last thing Argyle should do. Brent owns the Club, Brent should stump up not your fans...absolutely pathetic idea

Quote :
You can understand clubs like Exeter doing that nothing wrong with it and i believe a local firm paid the wages of Cureton last season, given the exeter board are not well off nor is the club fans helping out is needed.

However

James Brent is a millionaire and owns several companies that are turning profit. He can afford to invest cash into the club to fund a new striker.

however he isnt interested in the football side of the club despite his quivvering lip.

This all seems a bit garbled and difficult to understand. However you seem to be sniping at the Trust model.

I'm not going to suggest that the way our Trust is running is perfect, or that there aren't fundamental issues that need to be addressed. I know that there are past and present members of the Trust, who even the most negative city fan I can think of would respect, who acknowledge that. However I'd rather be in our position than yours - and I'm not just talking about your current predicament at the foot of the table, but about the whole idea that a rich man dispensing largesse (aka loans) is the holy grail and the path to the Nirvana of the Premier League. You could equally say that democracy isn't working as it should and that what we really need is an efficient dictator who claims to have all the answers and will make us a world power again. Well 13 million Germans twice voted for that option in 1932. Fat lot of good it did them.

In the course of doing some research on the Reluctant Bidder for my own amusement (yeah, I know it's sad and geeky) I came across a claim that he is in fact the 156th richest man in England. (I couldn't bring myself to put money in Murdoch's pocket and fork out for the paywall to see the Sunday Times Rich List for myself).

If that is true, then it appears that you have somehow contrived to land yourself in the quite remarkable position of finding an owner with more money than Dave Whelan, but who is only prepared to spend the minimum he can get away with.

Talk about the worst of all worlds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 am

[quote="jabba the gut ecfc"]
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

Quote :

However

This all seems a bit garbled and difficult to understand. However you seem to be sniping at the Trust model.

I'm not going to suggest that the way our Trust is running is perfect, or that there aren't fundamental issues that need to be addressed. I know that there are past and present members of the Trust, who even the most negative city fan I can think of would respect, who acknowledge that. However I'd rather be in our position than yours - and I'm not just talking about your current predicament at the foot of the table, but about the whole idea that a rich man dispensing largesse (aka loans) is the holy grail and the path to the Nirvana of the Premier League. You could equally say that democracy isn't working as it should and that what we really need is an efficient dictator who claims to have all the answers and will make us a world power again. Well 13 million Germans twice voted for that option in 1932. Fat lot of good it did them.

In the course of doing some research on the Reluctant Bidder for my own amusement (yeah, I know it's sad and geeky) I came across a claim that he is in fact the 156th richest man in England. (I couldn't bring myself to put money in Murdoch's pocket and fork out for the paywall to see the Sunday Times Rich List for myself).

If that is true, then it appears that you have somehow contrived to land yourself in the quite remarkable position of finding an owner with more money than Dave Whelan, but who is only prepared to spend the minimum he can get away with.

Talk about the worst of all worlds.

No. i was saying you can understand clubs like the Exeter's fans chipping in to help with players wages given the fact exeter isnt well off or has sugar daddy's on the board.

plymouth argyle has a wealthy owner that can fund transfer but expects the fans too when there is little need not should they be doing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 am

"In the course of doing some research on the Reluctant Bidder for my own amusement (yeah, I know it's sad and geeky) I came across a claim that he is in fact the 156th richest man in England. (I couldn't bring myself to put money in Murdoch's pocket and fork out for the paywall to see the Sunday Times Rich List for myself).

Talk about the worst of all worlds."

Thanks for that Jabba. All that money and he allows two of the dimmest Argyle fans to run the show and divide supporters ?

His tenure has been a joke since he first bribed his jamboys. What a crock of Shite !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 am

James Brent is asset wealthy as he owns land and property. He's richer than I am but he probably couldn't pull out 10 million pounds of cash tomorrow. It's all tied up in assets. It's not quite as simple as rich owner = successful football club as you need to define rich first.

It's still a stupid idea and a stupid thread over on pasoti though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:33 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

However

I agree AoM. We are never going to a rich club and we have had plenty of threads on Exeweb about the need for a Sugar Daddy and in the main it is felt City still prefer the Trust model and no sugar daddy is wanted and would probably destabilise the Club putting its future in jeopardy. Whilst Brent may not be cash rich, his apparent wealth/access to money may have be over estimated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:53 am

You are not alone ATD, all of Exeweb know Newell for what he is and has always been. He is an embarassment to your Club. We didn't mind the banter about us needing to rattle buckets (its what we have to do to keep our Club alive) but it got nasty and vile over many years. This is some light comment. Newell is the next door neighbour mouthing off all the time, the big I am, the bully, the kind kids stay away from, the neighbour whose "friends" aren't really friends, the one who didn't get any qualifications and the kind who think Marx is one of the Chuckles Brothers

This appeared on Exeweb last night and thought it deserved an airing here:

"A bit confused here.

Is this the same IJN who
1) Put complete faith in Sir Woy and his MAGNIFICENT 7 to not only make them a major PL force but also deliver the World Cup to Cornwall?

2) When all that started to go nipples toward the ceiling assured his loyal band of sycophants "Never fear. My new bezzie Kagami-san will never let me down. I'll even jet out personally to bring the money back?

3) "Never trusted 'em for a second!" Thank goodness I have such a bulging book of football contacts. My newest even better bezzies, Petey and Brenda are the sort of men with the wealth and integrity to save our mahoosive club (and ANYONE who dares to even suggest otherwise will be hearing from my legal representitive)

4) "What a pair of useless winkers they were! grrrr!! Never trusted them for a moment. Should never have been allowed anywhere near MY club. Fortunately, due to my vast and impressive circle of personal and business connections I have even persuaded my newest and bestest ever bezzie yet to step to our rescue. I even have have his absolute assurance that his interests are purely in the football side and nothing to do with property development and real estate. I can say this with total confidence as he told me so himself.
And guess what - I do not even want some sort of honorary title, like 'El Presidente' in recgnition of the huge things I have done for my club - the adoration from my huge army of green disciples is reward enough.

5) "The road to recovery has, I concede, proved somewhat rockier than I had anticipated when I began my attempts to save my club. But despair ye not, my loyal brethren. Five years ago I realised that we stood not far back from the edge of a yawning precipice. But can anyone deny that, under my stewardship, we have taken great steps forward since then?
The dream is almost realised - after two 'inverse promotions' we are finally within touching distance of our dream of Premier Division football.

All that I need now is the goodwill (and wherewithall) from all of my TRUE Janners for that final push.
Gr**n-sky thinking was needed and, as I lay awake, jet-lagged last night, the final, brilliant solution came to me!
Was it a sudden influx of Russian Oligarch investers?
A massive set of Euro Lottery winners?
Our (formerly) beloved owner liquidating his property portfolio for the good of my club?

NO - NONE OF THE ABOVE.

As I finally drifted off in revervie and idea so BRILLIANT, so GROUNDBREAKING, so INNOVATIVE that it could only have originated from the mind of a financial genius such as myself.
For, as I dozed off, I swear I caught the faint, but growing, sound of COINS RATTLING IN A BUCKET".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:18 am

hairy j wrote:
James Brent is asset wealthy as he owns land and property. He's richer than I am but he probably couldn't pull out 10 million pounds of cash tomorrow. It's all tied up in assets. It's not quite as simple as rich owner = successful football club as you need to define rich first.

It's still a stupid idea and a stupid thread over on pasoti though.

I'm sure he could lay his hands on enough money to properly fund a team capable of better than the shit he has overseen so far.

If James Brent wanted to, feck this bullshit about the league scrutinising everything Argyle do, he could get around the wage cap like others are doing. To keep bringing up how ethical Brent is, which is a common answer to these types of questions, is just more of the same bollocks he has been drip feeding Argyle fans through Webb or Newell since day one.

If James Brent is so ethical then he would never have had anything to do with CitiBank for a start. There are plenty of big businesses he could've been involved in which are actually ethical with their business plans. As somebody who was right up there with the best of them in the banking world, James Brent could just make £10 million appear Hairy, I've no doubt about that, but of course he won't be doing it.

He keeps himself to himself now that he's firmly ensconced in the hotseat, and has let blethering idiots like Webb and Jones do his talking. Don't do this if you want a new striker, turned out to be Rhys Griffiths who can't even get into the Newport County first team now, sell enough memberships and a new striker might be on, turned out to be Nick Chadwick after his ban was up, who incidentally is being hailed as the second coming by those with the shortest of memories.

Wait for Lowry? Ok what now? "We're investing in youth, this is a long-term project" Ok so why was the young keeper sold to Brighton?

It just doesn't add up. Sheridan is a decent manager for this league and is struggling to put out a side capable of winning a game. He's brought in 6 or 7 new faces but again they are youngsters unproven at league level, or misfits like Reuben Reid who hasn't scored since his return to Home Park.

Now we're supposed to hail the 3rd coming of Nick Chadwick, with a goal record of 16 goals in 120 games for Argyle scratch Argyle have 12 games left so on that basis Chadwick will score 1.6 goals which we'll be generous and round up to 2. I can almost hear the cries of when is Feeney fit?

Now wouldn't that be a frightening thought for March and April, Feeney and Chadwick re-united as a deadly strike partnership? Feeney with his 5 goals in 49 games, or just over 1 in 12, so Chadwick and Feeney could score one goal each in the run-in where around 5 wins will be needed for safety.

I don't actually know, or care, if Feeney is going to play again this season. It won't matter now. The negative mindset has spread right through the squad and there is not one player who will get hold of the ball and do something with it. Awful strikers and a static midfield isn't a good mix and it all boils down to one thing, money or in this case lack of it.

So there's a special offer for the Barnet game, £5 a ticket? So what will the crowd be now? I'd be surprised if it's much more than 7k even at knock down prices and if Argyle lose to Barnet then that figure will seem like a full house compared to the number who turn up for the next home game, no matter how the crowd figure is arrived at.

All is not lost though, the PASB are meeting with the PAFC board on Saturday, a meeting where Peter "Toddle off and buy a United shirt" Jones will chair the PAFC board Razz I'm sure Tony Hooper will give him a real grilling about these points Sleep and the minutes that are allowed to be seen by anyone not on the PASB will be available by August, just in time to start thinking about the BSP season starting.

The superfans don't mind though. The Director's Box is the Director's Box whether it's Mansfield or Morecambe at Home Park. The fanfests will continue, albeit with tickets available on the day and the flaking murals will need volunteers to help spruce them up.

What about the grandstand though? That's going to make all the difference lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 am

I think there is the seed of a good idea here but it needs quite a bit of tweaking.

For starters £1000 is too much to attract a mass take up and too little to make a difference amongst a few respondents so it needs to be either far more or far less.

If it was far less then it would need huge popular support and that, for reasons already clearly expressed, isn't forthcoming. Therefore it needs to be far more. £20,000 or maybe even £50,000 per person.

Who could pay that sort of money? I don't know. Obviously Nikkk is one who could and there must be others. It's a lot of money for most of us to find but for a millionaire or somebody who runs even a moderately-sized successful business it isn't that much.

But why would you put that money in if you were to get nothing back ~ and what might you expect back for £50,000?

If we look at the £400k 20% offer made to the Trust then we have a starting point and 8 guys putting £50k each in would hit the mark. If that £400k was over and above the team budget, and spent solely on the team, then as supporters-with-money-to-burn they might be induced to leap on board with the offer of some "free" positive publicity, and the £50k might be tax deductable anyway, as long as they were able to monitor that the £400k was spent as they intended it to be. Which means a place, maybe 2, on the board.

Or they might like to donate the money but hand the responsibility over to a third body to see that it is properly spent. This is where the Trust, and it would to be an organisation with proper, adequate legal redress so the PASB is a complete non-starter, could step forward on their behalf.

Could you even begin to imagine the outrage amongst the support if the Trust, or another body, was sitting there with £400k cash, on the table and ready to be immediately spent on players (and nothing else) and then for the offer to be rejected?

But this could go far further. If such a body was prepared to put in such a sum then Brent ought to too. That would turn £400k into £800k. With Brent's share the historical debt could be slashed or more spent on players...

But the time for such a grand venture was pre-season and not now. Now is too late.

So I don't think IJN's idea is such a completely bad one. It is just ill-timed, half-baked and not thought through properly.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
jabba the gut ecfc wrote:

No. i was saying you can understand clubs like the Exeter's fans chipping in to help with players wages given the fact exeter isnt well off or has sugar daddy's on the board.

plymouth argyle has a wealthy owner that can fund transfer but expects the fans too when there is little need not should they be doing.

I thought it was pretty obvious what you meant Angry but that doesn't save your premise from utter flawage, wise up me old chum, Brent is still playing with a pretty straight bat, all he is saying is that if you want anything more than the the basic saveage package you need to get off your butts and chip in, no one can say he ever offered you more. He isn't a philanthropist or football mad, Pymouth Argyle does not have a wealthy owner in the accepted sense where football is concerned, you have a banker in charge who is running you as a proper business, exactly as he said he would.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

I thought it was pretty obvious what you meant Angry but that doesn't save your premise from utter flawage, wise up me old chum, Brent is still playing with a pretty straight bat, all he is saying is that if you want anything more than the the basic saveage package you need to get off your butts and chip in, no one can say he ever offered you more. He isn't a philanthropist or football mad, Pymouth Argyle does not have a wealthy owner in the accepted sense where football is concerned, you have a banker in charge who is running you as a proper business, exactly as he said he would.

He didn't say he would allow the lunatics to run the asylum though.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:00 am

Tringreen wrote:

Conversely he didn't say he wouldn't, no point bitching now because the Pigs got their noses into the trough, who else was he going to deal with ?

From the Brent side of the fence you lot must look like the problem, just because you don't think that doesn't make it so, the Pigs turned up while you lot turned away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:35 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

I thought it was pretty obvious what you meant Angry but that doesn't save your premise from utter flawage, wise up me old chum,

only if your backwards like most east devon natives it is cheers

All im saying is if Brent can find £26m for Pavillions and several £M'S for this icerink grandstand idea he has then he could if he wanted too find the cash to fund a striker or two but why put your own money into your own buisness when you can fleece fans instead.

Fans have been a major source of funding for the club since he has took over, more so than usual and thats not including those Fanfests, Murals and those staged auctions of memorbillia on pasoti for a vain recluse banker from cornwall to win,

He may not be the richest man alive or indeed Plymouth but he certainly can access money so its time he invested himself instead of expecting hardup fans to keep donating and getting very little in return.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:46 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Conversely he didn't say he wouldn't, no point bitching now because the Pigs got their noses into the trough, who else was he going to deal with ?

From the Brent side of the fence you lot must look like the problem, just because you don't think that doesn't make it so, the Pigs turned up while you lot turned away.

The pigs are local, control Pasoti and have been on a mission to cosy up to any owner for years. Many of us either live away and/or have become disillusioned with the way the club was being managed and supported by said pigs from their Pasoti powerbase.
We don't think that the club in administration was ever marketed properly and once Brent looked into the eyes of the Windsor Boys and told them they'd get silly hats n titles for providing a comliant fanbase, the deal was done. The gruesome twosome have said as much.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Personally if he'd gotten an experienced football man (a Dunford or equivalent) in control of the full time goings on and given a fairly average, limited budget for the footballing side to play with, I'd be ok with him concentrating his own property dealings (obviously dependant on what those plans with my park are).

As it is we've got the chuckle brothers creeping everyone out, Jones being sinisterly authoritorive on matters for no obviously discernable reason, no idea what's going on with the debt, the PASB being formed for no reason whatsoever, the Trust being sniped at and shat on, a myriad of other issues off the pitch...AND a shite team on top of that.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
All im saying is if Brent can find £26m for Pavillions and several £M'S for this icerink grandstand idea he has then he could if he wanted

Uuuuuuh !

He doesn't want to, he isn't going to and to his credit he said both these things from day one.

Ice rinks, new grandstands, pavillions et al will make money, PAFC will never do that so Brent will never be interested in it, continually going on about how he could, or even might, is a redundant premise, it's the same as Tring going on about how some of you "knew it would happen", whoopee fooking do, what did any of you even try to do about it ? What have you tried to do about it since ?

Brent saved PAFC, get over it FFS, move your focus into the real world where your club needs help.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:
The pigs are local, control Pasoti and have been on a mission to cosy up to any owner for years. Many of us either live away and/or have become disillusioned with the way the club was being managed and supported by said pigs from their Pasoti powerbase.
We don't think that the club in administration was ever marketed properly and once Brent looked into the eyes of the Windsor Boys and told them they'd get silly hats n titles for providing a comliant fanbase, the deal was done. The gruesome twosome have said as much.

Well no revelations there then, you constantly troll this same old ullage out for the benefit of yourself and half a dozen other members of the flat earth clique, what good do you think it will do ? How many people actually care ?

Decisions are made by those who turn up, sitting back and criticising is easy. The Porker is a tw@t no doubt but he keeps on turning up and having a go no matter how much personal abuse he takes for it, gawd help me but I can see something to admire there.

How many of you have ever tried to get the Trust moving ?

Have any of you ever gone to Gnome Park and asked the faithful whether they agree with your point of view ?

Nah, you just sit back and slag them off for being Avivas to your little gang of chums while they carry on supporting their club. You're right it isn't your club any more, Jones is right, some of you may as well fork off and buy a Manure shirt.

There are half a dozen sad old gits on here who can do nothing more than moan and bitch who I am betting cross their fingers every match day hoping for nil point to give them smmat new to troll the same old bitch fest out to, wtf is that all about ?

None of my business of course, not my club, I just admire people who pull together especially in the face of adversity, bit of a Dunkirk spirit kind of chap me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Well no revelations there then, you constantly troll this same old ullage out for the benefit of yourself and half a dozen other members of the flat earth clique, what good do you think it will do ? How many people actually care ?

Decisions are made by those who turn up, sitting back and criticising is easy. The Porker is a tw@t no doubt but he keeps on turning up and having a go no matter how much personal abuse he takes for it, gawd help me but I can see something to admire there.

How many of you have ever tried to get the Trust moving ?

Have any of you ever gone to Gnome Park and asked the faithful whether they agree with your point of view ?

Nah, you just sit back and slag them off for being Avivas to your little gang of chums while they carry on supporting their club. You're right it isn't your club any more, Jones is right, some of you may as well fork off and buy a Manure shirt.

There are half a dozen sad old gits on here who can do nothing more than moan and bitch who I am betting cross their fingers every match day hoping for nil point to give them smmat new to troll the same old bitch fest out to, wtf is that all about ?

None of my business of course, not my club, I just admire people who pull together especially in the face of adversity, bit of a Dunkirk spirit kind of chap me.

Can't be arsed Tis, they've always had the floor cos they're ever so keen.Trouble is they're not very bright and their personal ambition rules their tiny brains. They'll stop at nothing to gain control and compliance. Now they have the keys to the sweet shop and we're more village than the other eternal straw crunching Devon minnows. Even the more intelligent and accepted bright sparks on Pasoti had no feckin idea what was coming under Stapleton and wouldn't listen either. Even now they are trying to avoid confrontation.There's only so much one can do from a distance.

Guess I'll just continue tipping the grin and saying,'I told you so'. It keeps me amused and vexed in equal measure, if that's ok with you ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ian's new idea    Ian's new idea  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ian's new idea
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next