Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idea to get the crowds in

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Idea to get the crowds in Empty
PostSubject: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Never mind putting a winning side onto the pitch!!!
When will those dimwits ever learn, Giant flags, fan fests,draught beer,Forza Nerd, jester hats, wigs,and now seemingly cheerleaders lol!
Aviva till the end
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:54 am

F##k me it gets worse and worse!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:58 am

ripping off another idea of crystal palace's and making it worse lol

if you want to bring in bigger crowds start with attractive winning football. you prettty much done everything else to encourage them here now try and keep them there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:10 am

Come on Zee Zee you know you want to. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:12 am

The way things are going, it won't be long before the football is abandoned completely and saturdays at Home Park are just designated as 'Family Fun Days' with cheerleaders, flags, balloons, face painting, clowns and fairground rides.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:18 am

family areas are fine with me providing thought has gone into where best to put it. For me it isnt inbetween home and away fans! in the new grandstand would be ideal.

Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:06 pm

What utter shite, whatever happened to wearing a nice jacket & decent pair of trainers, turning up, standing where you wanted and singing yer heart out? Were not in America ffs
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Is this a figment of my imagination or was there cheerleaders at HP in the 60's I seem to remember so, having watched my first game there about 10 yrs of age circa 1966. Does anyone know or remember?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:14 pm

I think there were majorettes on occasion, as there were silver bands, but not cheerleaders as I recall.
As someone mentioned some time ago, Len Jackman, or someone like him, was detailed to whip up the crowd for a bit. He was soon ridiculed out and back down the road to his day job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Len "give it L" Penz. Use the Guy's real name Very Happy

Sadly I think he's quite ill now although he must be knocking on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Was he the guy that stood in front of the Demport on a big box thing waving his arms about with a bleddy great Noddy Holder style green and white top hat on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:30 pm

GOB wrote:
Was he the guy that stood in front of the Demport on a big box thing waving his arms about with a bleddy great Noddy Holder style green and white top hat on?

Don't go giving Webb ideas.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Careful what you suggest on her GOB Chris Webb may be reading this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Sorry guys Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 pm

What about this guy as an entertainer in the family enclosure

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It already looks like he's met Forza Verde in this picture. Jingle jangle flaggy waggy.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 pm

I hope you are not posting in code Hairy.

I remember the majorettes Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 pm

There were Cheerleaders previously although I can't remember exactly when. They used to come on at half time and do a bit of dancing about and waving their pompoms at the boys. Think it was early 90's. Not difficult to forget them as they weren't that good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
There were Cheerleaders previously although I can't remember exactly when. They used to come on at half time and do a bit of dancing about and waving their pompoms at the boys. Think it was early 90's. Not difficult to forget them as they weren't that good.

Did we borrow the cheerleaders from the Raiders? I definitely remember them, about 10 years ago I would have said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:41 am

We also had a Miss Argyle competition and the subsequent "get your tits out for the lads".
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 am

Well I liked that. Come on you EAGLES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:57 am

GOB wrote:
We also had a Miss Argyle competition and the subsequent "get your tits out for the lads".

My mates missus went in for that, she canvassed voters by literally shagging the whole crowd. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea to get the crowds in   Idea to get the crowds in Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea to get the crowds in
Page 1 of 1