Mapperley, darling
pepsipete
swampy
Mock Cuncher
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:17 pm

The friendly with Real Madrid reserves in Austria. I remember so many thick jannars thought this was the start of a working relationship, sold merchandise, thought players coming here booked holidays to go watch the game etc etc ignoring the fact Real Madrid only gave us this game to get us out of their training camp they wanted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:13 pm

hairy j wrote:
I've been going since 86. For me it was beating Man City in 87/88 at home 3-2. We were 2-0 down at half time and City were one of the favourites to go up that year and they beat Huddersfield 10-1 the same season. We won 3-2 in the end. Man City filled the away end with fans and inflatable bananas - as a then 11 year old, it was the best game I'd ever seen.

Another one was the game where Chadwick scored for Everton against us in the cup. I was in Prague with my ex and we watched it wearing Argyle kits in a pub - we got free drinks all night bought for us from a load of Evertonians on a stag weekend.
the man city game was great,remember the all terrace lyndhurst was rocking, was russell coughlin brought on at half time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 am

I think it was Dougie Anderson who basically won the game by himself - he never had a good game before that game or after it. It was'like he was possessed by a football demon.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 am

The game against QPR, 3-0 at Loftus Road in 1974 was the best away performance I have ever seen although the 3-1 at Wednesday was just as sweet because everybody knew then that we were the team to beat that season.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:27 pm

hairy j wrote:
I think it was Dougie Anderson who basically won the game by himself - he never had a good game before that game or after it. It was'like he was possessed by a football demon.

Sorry to correct you but Dougie Anderson was taken off at half time-it was Stewart Evans who came on and volleyed the winner at the far post-the goal is on one of Argyle DVD's,Argyle Crackers,i think.Evans used to get a lot of grief from the crowd but in fact had quite a reasonable scoring record at second tier level and would walk into the present team,although i suppose that is no great commendation.Anderson didn't really make any impact and didn't last long-he drifted into sunday league football,i remember him playing against the team that my father used to run-he was absolutely outstanding in that company [which was by no means bad at local level],demonstrating how good you really have to be to make it at professional level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:00 pm

I bow to your better memory sir. Stretch Evans shagged a bird I used to work with and owned a Ford Capri. Bubble perms, black ash furniture, thin leather ties and rolled up sleeves on the suit jackets. Awesome days. Duran Duran, Arnie films and Wimpy burgers.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:12 pm

without a doubt the halmosi goal at leicester. what a moment.

i HATE Leicester
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 8:34 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's greatest moment   Argyle's greatest moment - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle's greatest moment
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2