Lord Tisdale
Punchdrunk
Czarcasm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Argyles Current Form  Empty
PostSubject: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 10:55 am

Our results in 2016 show 13points from 11 games.

There are one or two people on other threads who are perhaps not aware of this run of 'bottom 6 level' form. Carried on till the end of the season, we'd be looking at the arse end of the play-offs if we're lucky, let alone automatic promotion.

Just sayin....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 11:35 am

Have a look at Frannies what next thread. As I've said on there we should just squeak it IF Brunt being out doeant affect our form, I can't see how it won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 am

It's actually 16 points from 11 games. Replicated, it puts us on 81 points, come season's end. Tight but would probably still be just about enough
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 12:14 pm

Yeah you're right, I misread the Carlisle result. Embarassed

Even 16 from 11 taken over the course of a season doesn't get the job done though does it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Our form over the last ten games gives us 13 points.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

That's about 60 points if taken over the course of a season, and kinda reinforces the point I was (rather clumsily) trying to make. Bottom line is, if we carry on as we are, it's another play-off lottery.

God forbid if our form gets any worse.

Adams needs to be given the freedom to arrest the slide by bringing in reinforcements to our broken squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

That's about 60 points if taken over the course of a season, and kinda reinforces the point I was (rather clumsily) trying to make. Bottom line is, if we carry on as we are, it's another play-off lottery.

God forbid if our form gets any worse.

Adams needs to be given the freedom to arrest the slide by bringing in reinforcements to our broken squad.

And I wouldn't argue with any of that. I'm getting mightily pissed off being called alarmist and reactionary when the stats bear out my and generally our arguments.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:10 pm

That Pompey away game will be massive.
Pompey to beat Accy tomorrow I reckon then to hit a good spell for the final run in.
Looks like they could peak at just the right time.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Oh please, there are only two "massive" games in your season, you lost the first one at home and the second at Sid Jasmes could hammer the first of many nails in you promotion coffin.

happy days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Oh please, there are only two "massive" games in your season, you lost the first one at home and the second at Sid Jasmes could hammer the first of many nails in you promotion coffin.

happy days.

No the city games would be massive if you were anywhere near us in the league, you're not so fork off and leave the big teams to it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Pompey to beat Accy tomorrow I reckon then to hit a good spell for the final run in.

Perhaps, unlikely though.

Bristol Rovers have signed a 20 year old striker from Swansea City for the rest of the season. Oliver McBurnie, a Scotland U:19 player, scored a hat-trick for Newport County earlier this season while on loan there. Will it help the Gas, who knows.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 5:05 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Perhaps, unlikely though.

Bristol Rovers have signed a 20 year old striker from Swansea City for the rest of the season. Oliver McBurnie, a Scotland U:19 player, scored a hat-trick for Newport County earlier this season while on loan there. Will it help the Gas, who knows.

Just what we need, wasn't Brenty in for him raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

happy days.

No the city games would be massive if you were anywhere near us in the league, you're not so fork off and leave the big teams to it.

Denial abounds.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 1:26 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

happy days.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:24 pm

tigertony wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

happy days.

laugh

See if you boys are still feeling so smug come April 2nd and you have slipped to 4th place.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

They're going to need to. Remarkably Pompey have not won three games in a row all season.

Call it lucky or whatever but lucky Jim seems to have found himself a season where only three teams are going to hit the 8- point mark or even close.

Southend finished in 4th one year on 84 points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

They're going to need to. Remarkably Pompey have not won three games in a row all season.

Call it lucky or whatever but lucky Jim seems to have found himself a season where only three teams are going to hit the 8- point mark or even close.

Southend finished in 4th one year on 84 points.

Wycombe and Southend both finished in the play-off places last season on 84 points after Bury went on a crazy run.

Pompey 3 up at Stanley. Game over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyles Current Form    Argyles Current Form  Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyles Current Form
Page 1 of 1