Coxside_Green
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:06 am

funny man wrote:
GOB wrote:
A reminder to those of us that use other sites to delete pm's after reading them or you risk them being read by others. In other words, if one day you cannot log into the site you are using and you require the help of a Moderator because your password doesn't seem to work, there's a chance your pm's are being read!

PC GOB, here to help! farao

Are you being serious? It's something I often thought but decided (a) I was being paranoid & (b) I didn't care. Are you being serious?

Yup, I'm being serious!

I'm not saying it happens on other sites of course, just that it's possible. I typed out how it can be done on a thread on here somewhere a while ago.
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:22 am

funny man wrote:
GOB wrote:
A reminder to those of us that use other sites to delete pm's after reading them or you risk them being read by others. In other words, if one day you cannot log into the site you are using and you require the help of a Moderator because your password doesn't seem to work, there's a chance your pm's are being read!

Are you being serious? It's something I often thought but decided (a) I was being paranoid & (b) I didn't care. Are you being serious?

And then there was the recent Emailgate where even I had a whole raft of messages sent when I was no longer a member.
Basically all email notifications of PMs etc had somehow been stopped .... very strange.
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 am

I'm aware of others that have had "strange" occurrences as well PP.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:46 am

I see that Ponty has decided to raise his head again. Won't do it when others have the right of reply though Rolling Eyes

Greenskin's comment, the last on the thread, has received no response. Now there's a surprise.

And they wonder why some of us continue to discredit them at every opportunity.
The dimwitted compliance they demand and previously enforced through spurious bannings, has been part of the problem with Argyle for too long.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59020

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:37 am

That's right Tring, more alarming is that the Trust leaders are aware of "issues" yet remain closely tied to pasoti owners/moderators by way of friendship, social events and invitations to significant meetings with PAFC administrators yet despite not a single Trust leader or pasoti owner/moderator having received even a hint of a democratic mandate. They refuse to even discuss concerns that are not only mentioned on this site but seemingly, by a growing awareness of pasoti members themselves that are questioning the true agenda of a "few".

I also note that Webb, like Newell, if finding it hard not to comment on this site when posting on pasoti and, also like Newell, is using innuendo to as a tool of what some would describe as deception.

I think it is vital for this site to remain free and continue to raise concerns whilst self elected and promoted Pasoti owners/moderators and self elected and promoted Trust leaders claim representation of the fans.

If that means threats of action then so be it, I'm quite sure I know who has the most to fear!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:43 pm

funny man wrote:
GOB wrote:

An ex (but now re-instated) Pasoti Mod accused IJN of this during several arguments. It would be hard to prove this, and to be fair to IJN, I haven't been aware of any Pasoti users complaining about this.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:58 pm

After the stunts pulled on AT by yer man I would believe anything now.
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 am

GOB wrote:
That's right Tring, more alarming is that the Trust leaders are aware of "issues" yet remain closely tied to pasoti owners/moderators by way of friendship, social events and invitations to significant meetings with PAFC administrators yet despite not a single Trust leader or pasoti owner/moderator having received even a hint of a democratic mandate. They refuse to even discuss concerns that are not only mentioned on this site but seemingly, by a growing awareness of pasoti members themselves that are questioning the true agenda of a "few".

I also note that Webb, like Newell, if finding it hard not to comment on this site when posting on pasoti and, also like Newell, is using innuendo to as a tool of what some would describe as deception.

I think it is vital for this site to remain free and continue to raise concerns whilst self elected and promoted Pasoti owners/moderators and self elected and promoted Trust leaders claim representation of the fans.

If that means threats of action then so be it, I'm quite sure I know who has the most to fear!

I am glad they mention us a lot. Everytime they do we get a surge of hits and new members.
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:33 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
A good spot Tring. Basically droly is saying that he expects to be bullied for raising concerns about how Chris conducts himself on the internet.

That's not quite what I meant to be honest Frank. I actually have a lot of time for Chris Webb, I think he's put a lot of time and effort into the Trust and he clearly cares deeply about Argyle and where they are going. Likewise, I get the impression IJN has done a lot of work as well. The point I was trying to make was that any criticism of the way things have been done or the direction that is being taken is generally met in a defensive manner and I don't think this always portrays the Trust in the best light. The trouble is that the Trust, Chris and IJN have such a high stock on PASOTI that any thread which attempts to debate or discuss any of the Trust's actions or statements quickly decends into the usual "I can't believe you're criticising the Trust" or "We don't need people like you, Trust member ???? standing by ready for duty" bollocks. I'd have thought that a fair amount of the posts simply aren't seen by the Trust board members. Also, feelings are running pretty high and emotional responses are to be expected, I was just trying to point out that we can disagree on certain points but still be on the same side and pulling in the same general direction. To be fair, Chris Webb did state later on that he has not always differentiated between his own opinions and the Trust line in a later post and I think that will help in the future.

I think that Brent is definitely the best option for the club at the current time and hopefully this will go through in the forthcoming weeks and we can all look to the future. Once this has been achieved I would like to see the Trust distance itself from the board so as to be a truly independent voice for the supporters. Will this happen? No one can know until this point is reached. I also took exception to a press release a couple of months ago which seemed to me to praise Peter Ridsdale for his work whilst at Argyle. I thought this was crass, there was no need for the Trust to make a statement like this, particularly as it was likely to divide a number of it's members but there is no way for it to please all of it's members all of the time and mistakes are bound to be made.

Blimey, I've meandered on a bit but the basic crux is we all want the best for our club and it's ok to disagree on the best way to get there.

Cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:41 am

droly wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
A good spot Tring. Basically droly is saying that he expects to be bullied for raising concerns about how Chris conducts himself on the internet.

That's not quite what I meant to be honest Frank. I actually have a lot of time for Chris Webb, I think he's put a lot of time and effort into the Trust and he clearly cares deeply about Argyle and where they are going. Likewise, I get the impression IJN has done a lot of work as well. The point I was trying to make was that any criticism of the way things have been done or the direction that is being taken is generally met in a defensive manner and I don't think this always portrays the Trust in the best light. The trouble is that the Trust, Chris and IJN have such a high stock on PASOTI that any thread which attempts to debate or discuss any of the Trust's actions or statements quickly decends into the usual "I can't believe you're criticising the Trust" or "We don't need people like you, Trust member ???? standing by ready for duty" bollocks. I'd have thought that a fair amount of the posts simply aren't seen by the Trust board members. Also, feelings are running pretty high and emotional responses are to be expected, I was just trying to point out that we can disagree on certain points but still be on the same side and pulling in the same general direction. To be fair, Chris Webb did state later on that he has not always differentiated between his own opinions and the Trust line in a later post and I think that will help in the future.

I think that Brent is definitely the best option for the club at the current time and hopefully this will go through in the forthcoming weeks and we can all look to the future. Once this has been achieved I would like to see the Trust distance itself from the board so as to be a truly independent voice for the supporters. Will this happen? No one can know until this point is reached. I also took exception to a press release a couple of months ago which seemed to me to praise Peter Ridsdale for his work whilst at Argyle. I thought this was crass, there was no need for the Trust to make a statement like this, particularly as it was likely to divide a number of it's members but there is no way for it to please all of it's members all of the time and mistakes are bound to be made.

Blimey, I've meandered on a bit but the basic crux is we all want the best for our club and it's ok to disagree on the best way to get there.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

Apologies if I have misrepresented you. I agree totally with what you say above, IMO it is a very fair and accurate assessment of the situation.

Cheers
Frank
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 am

Yup, I would agree with that as well.

I agree with most things that Webb has carried out (not the beard thing, that was twatty), it's the way he's gone about it that a great many raise an eyebrow at, along with the self promotion and the forming of cliques with friends.

Many of us on this site are well aware of the underhand dealings that a few pasoti moderators, inc. Newell, have got up to, so when Webb teams up with such characters the trust in the Trust is devalued to nil.
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:35 am

GOB wrote:

I agree with most things that Webb has carried out (not the beard thing, that was twatty), it's the way he's gone about it that a great many raise an eyebrow at, along with the self promotion and the forming of cliques with friends.

Many of us on this site are well aware of the underhand dealings that a few pasoti moderators, inc. Newell, have got up to, so when Webb teams up with such characters the trust in the Trust is devalued to nil.

I have no idea about any of that. IJN is a passionate Argyle fan and a good bloke to have on your side in this sort of situation I'd imagine. I don't agree with everything he says but there's no getting away from the fact he cares passionately and has a fair swell of PASOTI behind him which is, like it or not, the biggest collection of Argyle fans online. I think they've all done a pretty good job so far, I'd just like to see a little more distance between the Trust and Brent which may come with time and a little less defensiveness in some of the responses to perceived criticism. Like I said before, we can all have different opinions but we're all Argyle fans.
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 am

droly wrote:
GOB wrote:

I have no idea about any of that. IJN is a passionate Argyle fan and a good bloke to have on your side in this sort of situation I'd imagine. I don't agree with everything he says but there's no getting away from the fact he cares passionately and has a fair swell of PASOTI behind him which is, like it or not, the biggest collection of Argyle fans online. I think they've all done a pretty good job so far, I'd just like to see a little more distance between the Trust and Brent which may come with time and a little less defensiveness in some of the responses to perceived criticism. Like I said before, we can all have different opinions but we're all Argyle fans.

I would agree regarding IJN and passion, but without typing out a thousand words of explanation, he's been a very naughty boy. I'll let others inform you of the goings on that many of us have had to put up with simply because we have disagreed with him when offering opinions.

Nobody would dispute that pasoti is by far the biggest collection of fans and nobody is attempting to take the place of pasoti, that's never been the agenda behind this site. The creation of this site was simply to allow a number of us that had been banned from pasoti, a place where we could have a natter and discuss the issues after our last site (argyletalk) had been compromised by IJN, Ponty and a few other friends and they closed it, despite most of us having paid money for its running.

Following that we created this site and since then the site has steadily grown from the original half a dozen or so to the 80 odd number that it is today, way beyond what we ever expected and this site does not use backdated "online" numbers to justify its size and, I would imagine nobody has more then one account. I think pasoti has been in existence for about 18 years whereas we are still in our first year, it would be foolish to even think about competing with pasoti.

This site also pays to remove advertising and no income is gained from advertising. In other words, no money is made from this site and for now, is free to use without any pressures of donations.

Again, since this site was created there have been comments after comments after comments regarding the methods used to run pasoti, those methods are slowly but surly attracting Argyle fans to this site and although that was never the agenda of this site, I would imagine that it shows an increasing number of fans are not content with the pasoti culture.

We also believed that some sort of democratic process of electing the site admin/moderators would help to deter any abuse by admin/moderators, hence the "democratic", it's how IJN gained his position on pasoti and then promptly dumped pasoti's new born democracy. It'll never be perfect but it offers an alternative and it's worth remembering that nobody gets banned on here, yet the site works perfectly and the admin/mods will be up for election again in the future (next year sometime).

I'm not an owner of this site and I have no interest in it's moderation, admin etc. so if I'm incorrect on anything I'm sure one of the guys will put me right.

Mods, maybe someone should type out the full saga so there's a better understanding of our situation from newcomers and sticky it somewhere?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Best not in too much detail mate. That would be sad.

I think that our newbie mods Frank, Pirate and Greenie are doing a fine job . Two of them operate freely on Pasoti too. The articulate and reasoned views they offer both here and there have created a bridge between us and Pasoti for all people interested in Argyle.

The relationship between Ian Newell etc. and a few of us on here , does none of those involved any credit and was/is quite ridiculous.

He denied us the right to speak on Pasoti, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that we offer our points of view elsewhere.

The unsavoury fact that it has become unpleasant and often personal, is as regrettable as the accuracy of our predictions, for which we were pilloried.

Love and Peace,
Ginger Pubes
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Droly's longer post about 6 posts ago sums up almost completely my views. So I'll shut up.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:52 pm

So much contentment, is this really an Argyle forum?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:08 am

I miss the Libster......... think this is he.

Funchal_Green
Post subject: Re: My response to events / updatePosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:03 pm

IJN wrote:
No.

Anyway, they're both a pair of plums.

Funchal Green wrote:
Tringreen was a complete buffoon. He used to wind me up a treat.

The little beggar used to hop up and down with rage when I told them to stop being such BGB's Laughing
Ponty stole his sweets once............... can you imagine the tantrum ? ! bounce

Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:06 am

Funny as fok really, we post on here, they respond on there, we respond to their response on here, they respond to our response to their response on there and so the world goes around! lol!

Tossers! pig

ATD, policing pasoti and the pasoti trust farao
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:39 am

GOB wrote:
Funny as fok really, we post on here, they respond on there, we respond to their response on here, they respond to our response to their response on there and so the world goes around! lol!

Tossers! pig

ATD, policing pasoti and the pasoti trust farao

lol! We're all to$$ers ! But some to$$ers are more equal than others !

Did you notice dear old Lostwithiel Green saying he'd met me at the Ricoh and we got on? Embarassed
And I was also at West Brom and saw Bex and her chums in the pub ?
Not bad for a non Argo fan. Think we lost both games 3-0 and were well and truly on the slide. They wouldn't listen Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:55 am

It matters not what or how many games you've attended Tring, or how many scarfs and shirts you have, or whatever your views and interest in the club are, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU(!), you're not a prappppa fan unless you vote for "Ian" in the next pasoti supermod election scheduled for sometime during 2999 and agree with everything he and Webby state!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the need to activate our MOTIC agents! lol!

ATD, delivering less bannings on pasoti and ensuring good mod conduct
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:14 am

Get a room you two!
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:51 am

Business Lounge?
Back to top Go down

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks for the link Daz. A few more hits and a bit more publicity for us.

But of all the stuff on this site you may want to choose a better example then this. Coxside Green started this after a Saturday night argument with Ian where the evidence was deleted.

Then a few days later another post of his was "amended" by another Mod without explanation. Coxside came here to rant and legal threats were made to me by a pasoti mod unless it was removed.

This thread was about a pasoti poster arguing with a pasoti moderator. Your problem - not ours.
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Thanks for the link Daz. A few more hits and a bit more publicity for us.

But of all the stuff on this site you may want to choose a better example then this. Coxside Green started this after a Saturday night argument with Ian where the evidence was deleted.

Then a few days later another post of his was "amended" by another Mod without explanation. Coxside came here to rant and legal threats were made to me by a pasoti mod unless it was removed.

This thread was about a pasoti poster arguing with a pasoti moderator. Your problem - not ours.

Not sure we can claim that Gideon, there are a few nasty posts regarding small pox infested yadda yadda yadda.

As you say we have our record figure today though. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:10 pm

If anyone is in contact with Bubba from Pasoti Mods, please inform him that anyone can join ATD .

We do not exclude any Argyle fans for their views concerning the club.

He seemed to be intimating that he had not been able to register when he shared a link to this thread on Pasoti today.

Dear old Ian, was on his fiefdom shedding crocodile tears and getting big hugs from the Aviva faithful, because he'd had a 'bit of a downer' yesterday.

Not surprised really, as he came onto Exeweb with a vicious poodle for help and were made to look the fools and manipulators they are.

They may fool Aviva boys but they don't fool everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IJN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IJN   IJN - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IJN
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: