Freathy
Tringreen
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Peter Jones - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:09 pm

knecht wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
knecht wrote:
At the Special Cherry Tree Cabal, that was attended by Messrs Brent, Jones & Cowdery, Peter Jones made very clear that his view was it had been either the owner we currently have or oblivion.

That may inform his present stance. In addition his silence may also mean that behind the scenes things are developing nicely within the parameters that have been set. I would also hope that he is being loyal to the board of which he is a member. That would be the honourable thing to do until things begin to fall apart. There is no indication that this is happening yet. Who knows? We certainly don't.

(And, to step off topic, GG in my opinion it is always good to see challenging viewpoints on here and as you are aware I have welcomed and encouraged you to stay on a number of occasions. But it is a pity that criticism of ATD's stance is all you do. There is a lot to do with the club, the hangers-on, the management and the team that comes in for criticism on here - you seem happy with all of it.)

1 So he's touting the party line. He's hardly likely to say that he thinks the present owner is screwing the club is he?

2 Jones is only on the Board to provide some form of credibility to a board that , frankly most of us couldn't name all the members of, and certainly wouldn't recognise in the street.

PAFC now stands for Puppets Are For (giving the regime) Credibility.

PS If so many people in the inner sanctum believe it's Brent or oblivion, 3 why doesn't Brent prove it by putting the Club up for sale? Because he'd get flattened in the rush that's why.

1 Yes - or he might actually be saying what he believes.Does any sane person really believe that should Brent walk away there'd be no one else interested in buying the club, or that the current situation (on and off the field) is acceptable

2 That could be seen as a sensible move on Mr Brent's part. Why does the board need to provide credibility? Can you name all the Board members without looking it up first?

3 Because he feels he has a job to finish? What job? He's made it clear he isn't going to pump money into the club, his actions to date indicate that he's not concerned with on the field progress, so why not step aside for someone with the will and the means to improve the club?

I'm all for questioning and, where appropriate, criticism but not recognising the possibility of alternative explanations is not only simply abusive but also ultimately bad tactics.

[b][u]

All we want is some proof (i.e. Action) that Brent is not going to let the football club wither & die. It's no good saying "without Brent we wouldn't have a club" when everything he does seems to indicate that his involvement is only delaying that situation.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:14 pm

knecht wrote:
Tring, I haven't seen Argyle so far this season so I can't comment first-hand. By all accounts, up until yesterday's game we have been worse than appalling. He did what he needed to do last season. Let's hope that yesterday indicated an upturn. Let's hope that Griffiths and Lowry provide something that has been missing. Let's hope that the return of ATD's very own star player Williams and Berry improve our defence. We may even get a couple of decent loan signings. But, I think in half-a-dozen matches or so the manager's future should be decided. I have never agreed with your cartooning of him as unable to string a coherent sentence together as indicative of his managerial abilities. It's on the pitch where it counts.

I don't know if you include Peter Jones in your condemnation of Mr Brent's 'friends/advisors' because that's what my response was about. Nobody knows what is being said behind closed doors nor if what is being said is being paid any attention to.

My history in the politics of the club isn't as long as others but I often heard that Peter Jones was a positive in the background. I haven't seen any firm evidence to the contrary. It was the unevidenced claims about Peter Jones and his relationship with the owner that I was reacting to. The trouble with the internet is that such claims are taken up and they become "Truth". You must know that. You read the post that Mr Newell recently put up on pasoti where he attempts to post highly selective, unsubstantiated innuendo and "fact" which he wants to become established as "Truth". To rightly criticise him for that shouldn't mean that I shouldn't criticise others for comparable posts on here.

Still think he's hopeless and it was Purse n co. who kept us up despite him.............. oh and a couple of non league type clubs going into freefall. You only have to listen to the guy imo to get the picture.If he doesn't utter a single well thought out comment in countless interviews, how on earth is he going to inspire and communicate with the players ?
The lights are on but there's nobody home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for PJ, he does know what's needed at HP and might be biding his time. I sincerely hope so but my gut feelings about people are rarely misplaced..

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree. Time will tell. I just pray that 'time' doesn't cost the club its league status.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Who knows if anyone else would step forward?

David Felwick, Peter Jones and the bloke with a background in sports development. That's more than most people could name and it's more than I could have named in the past.

He has never said he would pump money into the club - quite the opposite. What he has said is that he would establish a structure whereby that we can become financially secure in future.

As for on the field progress - if the owner interfered then rightly we fans would be up in arms! It's Fletcher who has been making the football decisions.

One of my breaking points will come when, if the present charade on the pitch continues, the owner does nothing about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Still think he's hopeless and it was Purse n co. who kept us up despite him.............. oh and a couple of non league type clubs going into freefall. You only have to listen to the guy imo to get the picture.If he doesn't utter a single well thought out comment in countless interviews, how on earth is he going to inspire and communicate with the players ?
The lights are on but there's nobody home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for PJ, he does know what's needed at HP and might be biding his time. I sincerely hope so but my gut feelings about people are rarely misplaced..

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree. Time will tell. I just pray that 'time' doesn't cost the club its league status.

I don't think we are that far apart in what we are saying. The thing is that if anyone were to take what you write as indicative of the essential AB then they would think that you are a grumpy, one-track embittered old man. I actually think there is far more about you than that - you just don't manage to show it. Smile I think you and the manager have things in common. It seems to me that the main difference between you and me is my willingness to give it a little longer before I decide that the owner should take action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3