Greenskin
Freathy
Tringreen
Czarcasm
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Peter Jones - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:04 am

greengenes wrote:
knecht wrote:
At the Special Cherry Tree Cabal, that was attended by Messrs Brent, Jones & Cowdery, Peter Jones made very clear that his view was it had been either the owner we currently have or oblivion.

That may inform his present stance. In addition his silence may also mean that behind the scenes things are developing nicely within the parameters that have been set. I would also hope that he is being loyal to the board of which he is a member. That would be the honourable thing to do until things begin to fall apart. There is no indication that this is happening yet. Who knows? We certainly don't.

At last ! Some decent common sense ! Well said mate .

Sorry - I was editing whilst you were replying......!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:05 am

Just missing out on the abyss of the Conference last season, the total lack of will to improve the squad, played two and lost two this season and things looking pretty dire all seem to indicate that things are falling apart and we haven't even mentioned Jones's buddies Webb and Newell's involvement.

Jones was very quick to send out emails when he needed help for his campaign but he couldn't wait to distance himself from it when he gained his position recently and remember, the problems of today are the left overs from his promotion of the last campaign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:08 am

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Have a nice day Tringy . I don't have the time now . Till next time dear boy . Must go and live in the real world with the family before I get in trouble . toodle Pip dear thing .

Ha ha ! You must get your Aviva arse out here one day. I'll get the kindling ready.

ps just out of interest, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you trust the *integrity of the dynamic duo ?

* by that I mean, not to lie, cheat and bully women.

Don't expect an answer Tring, the family calls at times of awkwardness, conveniently.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:09 am

GOB wrote:
greengenes wrote:
GOB wrote:
You may not like it GG but Tring is 100% right, your memory seems as short as one or two members of the junta.

It wasn't that long ago that PJ was being stabbed in the back by those he now seems to stand shoulder to shoulder with, the club is showing the same traits as it did under Stapleton and the words that PJ wrote in allllll those pm's and emails to everyone and anyone to promote the Stapleton dispute now seem ever so hollow!

We see things different thats all . I happen to see good in some people and form my own opinions . I am worried about this season and did say last season it would take years for the Club to get back on its feet so i guess I am a little surprised at my own impatience . Any way - Semper Fidelis !

Yes of course you do GG, your silence during the deepthroat campaign was noted as was your sudden lack of interest to use ATD when the Newell Files became public. We definitely see things differently GG.

Actually mate during all that time I was in a bad place after suffering a few family problems including a bereavement . ATD isn't the place to come when you're feeling a little fragile . I didn't post on Pasoti much either and did get a few pms asking if I was ok . There is always reasons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:10 am

I'll put on one of my cracked records .......

What happened on the pitch last season was what was necessary to be done.

I think it is a bit too early to judge the team for this campaign. But only a bit. I'd give it, say, a half dozen more games.

And I think it is far too early to judge how the club is being run. I'd give that a season. But one of the next clues would be how the board responds if the current mess on the pitch continues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:11 am

So your views of the pasoti junta are what then GG?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 am

GOB wrote:
So your views of the pasoti junta are what then GG?

Don't tell him Pike ! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:20 am

Well he's quick enough to come on here slagging people off for having an opinion yet seems to have no opinion when it comes to the dealings of his beloved pasoti, his beloved pasoti owner, his beloved pasoti moderators and his beloved president. I guess some people just need to run with the pack!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:24 am

knecht wrote:

I think it is a bit too early to judge the team for this campaign. But only a bit. I'd give it, say, a half dozen more games.

And I think it is far too early to judge how the club is being run. I'd give that a season. But one of the next clues would be how the board responds if the current mess on the pitch continues.

So you are saying, give him 9 games then not 10. Bloody impatient lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:25 am

knecht wrote:

Yes Knecht, it's normally the Christmas period before I make a decision on the teams campaign, but the wider picture already seems to indicate a very troubled season ahead, not just on the pitch but off it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:28 am

shonbo wrote:
knecht wrote:

So you are saying, give him 9 games then not 10. Bloody impatient lol!

I wasn't counting the cup game - so make it five more games.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 am

Would it be better to give it the same number of games as Peter Reid last season to compare with Fletcher?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:49 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Would it be better to give it the same number of games as Peter Reid last season to compare with Fletcher?

Wa thinking the same. How many did Reid get 8/9 ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 am

Saltash green wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Wa thinking the same. How many did Reid get 8/9 ?

something like that.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 am

From my ivory towers in Cyprus, I am convinced that Fletcher is useless and would be laughed out of any other football league club.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 am

Not for the first time the thread has wandered from it's initial path, but going back to Peter Jones, the one thing we should all remember is that he does actually care about the future of the club, both off and on the field. Personally, I'm happy that he's on the board and we shouldn't mistake silence for not caring or for self interest.

As I've said before, I'm still unsure over James Brent, I really can't believe that someone who has no interest in football whatsoever can suddenly 'get the bug' as the poodles put it. He's here for the business opportunity first and foremost. Having Peter Jones on the board provides, for me, the 'Argyle interest' factor.

As for Fletcher, he won't be going anywhere for a while, no matter what the results - Christmas at the earliest in my view.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:32 am

Much as I didn't rate Reid, he was working under a rediculous set of circumstances. So comparing his start last season with Fletchers, the latter having had a proper full pre-season and competitive (lol) budget, is a non-starter.

Fletcher needs to go asap.

The trouble is, our penny-pinching multi-millionaire owner almost certainly won't stump up for a proper experienced, shrewd management team.

So, unless Jones can persuade him otherwise, I fear we're already fecked. Sad
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:00 pm

I enjoyed the duchess of derriford blog.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:12 pm

knecht wrote:
At the Special Cherry Tree Cabal, that was attended by Messrs Brent, Jones & Cowdery, Peter Jones made very clear that his view was it had been either the owner we currently have or oblivion.

That may inform his present stance. In addition his silence may also mean that behind the scenes things are developing nicely within the parameters that have been set. I would also hope that he is being loyal to the board of which he is a member. That would be the honourable thing to do until things begin to fall apart. There is no indication that this is happening yet. Who knows? We certainly don't.

(And, to step off topic, GG in my opinion it is always good to see challenging viewpoints on here and as you are aware I have welcomed and encouraged you to stay on a number of occasions. But it is a pity that criticism of ATD's stance is all you do. There is a lot to do with the club, the hangers-on, the management and the team that comes in for criticism on here - you seem happy with all of it.)

So he's touting the party line. He's hardly likely to say that he thinks the present owner is screwing the club is he?

Jones is only on the Board to provide some form of credibility to a board that , frankly most of us couldn't name all the members of, and certainly wouldn't recognise in the street.

PAFC now stands for Puppets Are For (giving the regime) Credibility.

PS If so many people in the inner sanctum believe it's Brent or oblivion, why doesn't Brent prove it by putting the Club up for sale? Because he'd get flattened in the rush that's why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Grovehill wrote:
knecht wrote:

(And, to step off topic, GG in my opinion it is always good to see challenging viewpoints on here and as you are aware I have welcomed and encouraged you to stay on a number of occasions. But it is a pity that criticism of ATD's stance is all you do. There is a lot to do with the club, the hangers-on, the management and the team that comes in for criticism on here - you seem happy with all of it.)

1 So he's touting the party line. He's hardly likely to say that he thinks the present owner is screwing the club is he?

2 Jones is only on the Board to provide some form of credibility to a board that , frankly most of us couldn't name all the members of, and certainly wouldn't recognise in the street.

PAFC now stands for Puppets Are For (giving the regime) Credibility.

PS If so many people in the inner sanctum believe it's Brent or oblivion, 3 why doesn't Brent prove it by putting the Club up for sale? Because he'd get flattened in the rush that's why.

1 Yes - or he might actually be saying what he believes.

2 That could be seen as a sensible move on Mr Brent's part.

3 Because he feels he has a job to finish?

I'm all for questioning and, where appropriate, criticism but not recognising the possibility of alternative explanations is not only simply abusive but also ultimately bad tactics.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Bloody hell Knecht. Surely you can see that Fletcher is hopeless and that Brent's choice of 'friends/advisors' is fatally flawed ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Aid this on another thread but it's also relivent here.

The problem is no one running the club or advising those that do who know anything at all about football. Let alone how a football club should be run. Which was why I posted about Michael dunford looking for a poxy retail job. if This man is available he should be in at argyle. Or is he too expensive ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Tring, I haven't seen Argyle so far this season so I can't comment first-hand. By all accounts, up until yesterday's game we have been worse than appalling. He did what he needed to do last season. Let's hope that yesterday indicated an upturn. Let's hope that Griffiths and Lowry provide something that has been missing. Let's hope that the return of ATD's very own star player Williams and Berry improve our defence. We may even get a couple of decent loan signings. But, I think in half-a-dozen matches or so the manager's future should be decided. I have never agreed with your cartooning of him as unable to string a coherent sentence together as indicative of his managerial abilities. It's on the pitch where it counts.

I don't know if you include Peter Jones in your condemnation of Mr Brent's 'friends/advisors' because that's what my response was about. Nobody knows what is being said behind closed doors nor if what is being said is being paid any attention to.

My history in the politics of the club isn't as long as others but I often heard that Peter Jones was a positive in the background. I haven't seen any firm evidence to the contrary. It was the unevidenced claims about Peter Jones and his relationship with the owner that I was reacting to. The trouble with the internet is that such claims are taken up and they become "Truth". You must know that. You read the post that Mr Newell recently put up on pasoti where he attempts to post highly selective, unsubstantiated innuendo and "fact" which he wants to become established as "Truth". To rightly criticise him for that shouldn't mean that I shouldn't criticise others for comparable posts on here.
Back to top Go down
hmdr

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Jones is part of the problem not the solution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm

You are Paul Stapleton and I claim our 18 million!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next