Freathy
Rickler
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Buy a Season Ticket Empty
PostSubject: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:12 am

Buy a Season Ticket or no new players says Harry

"So, as we start the second part of the membership drive, I can say to the fans that the more money we get through sales will go directly to helping Carl improve the quality of football on the pitch, and us improving the experience at Home Park for the supporters on match-days.

"It's what I would call a virtuous circle in that the better funded we are by our membership scheme, the more likely we are to succeed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:22 am

Tell Harry I'll be buying two because I love my club so much and I believe every word he's coming out with.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:23 am

"OWNER James Brent has pledged that every pound earned from the club's season ticket drive will go towards supporting Plymouth Argyle boss Carl Fletcher's promotion push in 2012/13"

How much was that last season?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh, Andy Symons... Why don't you answer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:41 am

Coupla questions Mr Brent, why didn't you make that clear a coupla months ago? What happened to keep off the pitch and you might get a striker? And if Fletcher hasn't got enough money at the moment to sign a striker, why the feck has he spent it all on re-signing last season's shit?

Membership sales must have stalled short of expectations, so you resorted to trying to con fans over yesterday's amazing news, advertised on Twitter and Facebook as really important news,

This interview also seems to back up carl Fletcher's moan about missing out on targets through lack of funds, and contradict your previous statement.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 am

Brent does appear a tad confused with his staments at the moment. But one message that's loud and clear coming out of HP now is we are going into next season with a far worse squad even than than last season. All the decent L2 standard loanees have gone and, as Jock alludes to, we're left with the dregs from last season. Fletcher couldn't get signatures of the worst players quick enough and now bleats that he's missed transfer targets because he hasn't got any money. It could be that carl the clueless thought brent was going to give him a more of a budget perhaps but in fact he's used his entire budget re-signing last season's crap.

I predict we will be expelled from the football league by April 2013.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:20 am

Rather odd first sentence in that article.I thought that 50% of any unbudgeted income was going to be used to pay the staff debt.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 am

I believe that Harry believes all Argyle fans, current and potential, are dimwitted and easily led.

The way he persuaded Sooty n Sweep to clear his path, with promises of a compliant and growing Green Army from them, for silly hats and other benefits, is most revealing.

As ever, Harry wants to 'sting' others [the average Aviva] and if successful, guess who still holds all the cards ?

We have a dimwitted manager and a worse squad than we finished last season with, so why does he assume he can press Webb's buttons to announce how exciting nothing is and the Avivas will rush to spend their money at Home Park ?
Even for the Avivas it is wearing thin ffs !

Let me tell you Harry, none but the terminally tinted will buy into this under achieving joke of a club until there is a modicum of cash backed ambition from the owners. The crowds will stagnate and fall.

It's a good job that folk still enjoy meeting up pre match with friends real or imaginary, at pubs n fests, or attendances will soon be down to reserve team level when I were a lad.

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:56 am

So is it a " "we have a very readable and encouraging James Brent interview" (c) Rupert

Just same old same old really. It could have been written by any chairman at the start of any season since I started watching Argyle.

If money is so tight why did Brent say previously that he didn't need the Trust's shareholding money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 am

Tringreen wrote:
I believe that Harry believes all Argyle fans, current and potential, are dimwitted and easily led.

The way he persuaded Sooty n Sweep to clear his path, with promises of a compliant and growing Green Army from them, for silly hats and other benefits, is most revealing.

As ever, Harry wants to 'sting' others [the average Aviva] and if successful, guess who still holds all the cards ?

We have a dimwitted manager and a worse squad than we finished last season with, so why does he assume he can press Webb's buttons to announce how exciting nothing is and the Avivas will rush to spend their money at Home Park ?

Let me tell you Harry, none but the terminally tinted will buy into this under achieving joke of a club until there is a modicum of cash backed ambition from the owners. The crowds will stagnate and fall.

It's a good job that folk still enjoy meeting up pre match with friends real or imaginary, at pubs n fests, or attendances will soon be down to reserve team level when I were a lad.

Blooooooooooooooody hell, we agree on something again Tring! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:08 am

GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

You have a PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 am

Tringreen wrote:
GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

You have a PM.

So do you clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:15 am

Maybe Harry should read the papers himself, you will see interviews from Johnson saying how he will add to his strike force, you will see Torquay boasting about their new players and Exeter plan to bounce back to lge. 1 immediately and are signing players to achieve this. Harry is happy with his building land, he is happy that we are paying off the staff debts for him so his building land was free, as for the football, why is anybody surprised that he doesn't understand why we won't buy season tickets to watch the interminable struggle to lower/mid table, he is buried in his plans for another hotel.
Mugged again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:18 am

Iggy wrote:
Maybe Harry should read the papers himself, you will see interviews from Johnson saying how he will add to his strike force, you will see Torquay boasting about their new players and Exeter plan to bounce back to lge. 1 immediately and are signing players to achieve this. Harry is happy with his building land, he is happy that we are paying off the staff debts for him so his building land was free, as for the football, why is anybody surprised that he doesn't understand why we won't buy season tickets to watch the interminable struggle to lower/mid table, he is buried in his plans for another hotel.
Mugged again.

Wonder how long he'll continue to turn up at matches, when what is left of the fanbase turns ugly at him and his puppets ?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:27 am

meanwhile some fans continue to laugh at Exeter and do the old #we'llmeetagain thing on twitter
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 am

What happened to our competitive budget? Obviously more PR to sell STs.

Now the club need to convince people like myself who are undecided about their ST. So far the news coming from HP has been very poor, player signings have been underwhelming and the Harry administration seem to be making more errors.

This latest interview does nothing to increase my desire to become a member, I am kind of glad that I haven't blindly committed to another season of dross.

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 am

Tringreen wrote:

Well when you look at how easy it was for Brent to make Webby sell out for a parking space and turn him into his puppet and how thick Newell is with all his games he thinks he gets away with it isn't hard to see why he might make that assumption! lol!
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 am

the more money in the pot the better for club,a very difficult concept for your avarge ADT user to understand, scratch
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 am

tcm wrote:
the more money in the pot the better for club,a very difficult concept for your avarge ADT user to understand, scratch

Yes like Ridsdale at Cardiff who promised fans top signings for renewing their ST's early and their loyalty was rewarded by paying off the club's debts jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 am

tcm wrote:

I think you'll find the correct formula is .... more money in sales = more money for the owner.

That is not the same thing as the football budget as we have already found out with this new owner.
There should have been a honeymoon period with this guy, but that's over already. After all the fine words and 'getting it', he appears to be reverting to Citibank type, where he has spent a big part of his life. His tenure at Argyle might well be worse than the NWO.... the deal struck with the staff wasn't eactly a good start.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:10 am

Does this mean the pot has already been exhausted or that it's not sufficient to build a competitive team? If season ticket have exceeded expectations have we already seen the benefits of this in the signings that have been made and the new contracts that have been signed?

If Fletcher is given more money how does he think he should spend it?

Did the journo from the Herald/WMN ask any question or just listen and regurgitate?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 am

tcm wrote:

No, it isn't difficult to understand.Neither is this cycle;

Underfunded squad-medicocre results-gates fall-lose money-blame fans.

Simple innit.To be honest,judging by both the content and style of your posts,i wouldn't say that you come across as the brighest light in the firmament,which puts you on the same level as me,an average ATD poster.So,lets put our collectively mediocre heads together and try to answer the following question;

Reading that interview with JB today,did you honestly feel more encouraged about Argyle's prospects than you did last night.which Rupert intimated that we would be? I'll give you my input-the answer is no.Over to you for further enlightenment.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 am

i think we will do well this season,thats my opinion,there are a certain group on here that arnt happy with anything,the sort that are sat at the end of the bar on there own looking slightly angry that the cheese and onion crisps have run out,,,,,,,,havnt read the brent thing,for me its more about going to the match having a laugh meeting up with freinds a day out on the lash and enjoying it win loose or draw,again a very difficult concept for some,
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
tcm wrote:

Yes like Ridsdale at Cardiff who promised fans top signings for renewing their ST's early and their loyalty was rewarded by paying off the club's debts jocolor
oh so we put less money in is that what your saying?that will do the trick,fec me there no hope for some people lol! doh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:05 am

Each to their own.

Inside the ground:

seller: Er Mike, I've got two sorts of pasties, large steak for £3 ... or large steak for £10.

mike: I'll have the £10 steak pasty please. drunken
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 am

I love cheese and onion crisps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket Empty

Back to top Go down

Buy a Season Ticket
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next