Freathy
Rickler
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:14 pm

knecht wrote:
oddball wrote:
You ought to go to the next senior greens meeting with all your increasing problems.James Brent is the guest speaker.

I may be 60 now but I'm not yet old enough to be Senior Green. Smile

Anyone can join the senior green; I stopped being a member (after many years) when the puppets joined
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Webb n Newell told us the score months ago. I was listening.

'There will be no walleted directors and we have the chance to build our club.

Only it's not our club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:58 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Buy a Season Ticket or no new players says Harry

"So, as we start the second part of the membership drive, I can say to the fans that the more money we get through sales will go directly to helping Carl improve the quality of football on the pitch, and us improving the experience at Home Park for the supporters on match-days.

"It's what I would call a virtuous circle in that the better funded we are by our membership scheme, the more likely we are to succeed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if you cut out all the bullshit, what has actually been said is:

"If you want a better team, you can pay for it 'cos I'm not!"

How I long for the good old days when a new Chairman (like Dan) would take over and pump his own money into the club!

And thats a very valid point Grovey.

But, it was not the basis that Brent came to the club and he said so from the outset.

Alongside such things as, "we should be a league 1 club minimun or more like CCC", "I will do whatever it takes to get this club back to where it belongs", "I will make sure Carl has a competitive budget for this league" and lets not forget "keep off the pitch if you want a new striker".
The thing is TC that the penny has finally started to drop with all but the thickest or most unrealistic fans. We have been bought by another property developer, his successes to date include buying the club for feck all, asset stripping the building land adjoining the club, the cost to him again feck all, paying feck all to the staff debt's because guess what? It's OUR club. Do you know what I feel cheated, I knew I was going to be, but I was told that I was a loose cannon, a freak a weirdo ect. ect. Funnily enough I am with Totnes Comma Mike on the enjoying my day out at the football, I do enjoy the day out, but I am one of the ones that does pay to see a match, does Brent even do that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:06 pm

I can't bring myself to read the great article now following some of the comments on this thread I've read. I don't want to be gloomy I really don't. For me the matchday experience is as much a part of supporting Argyle as anything else. I enjoy the company of the people I go with and enjoy a beer after where we generally disect the fare we have just witnessed. Win lose or draw I still enjoy it although when it is a win it is much better obviously. If the team are doing well league wise it is also very much easier to enjoy it all. I would buy a season ticket whatever so am not one of those that has to be sold an idea. There are plenty like me so it is not unique.

The people who are likely to buy a season ticket have already done so. There are a few still unsure but I don't believe they are in their thousands. There are those that attend at times due to choice or work/family commitments who are not going to buy a season ticket and never were. Simply there are not enough floating voters to aim a scam at. I say scam because trying to blackmail people into buying in is just that. Up to now I have not been too sceptical about Brent because up to now he has done what he has said pretty much. However, the words lately have been a wee bit dodgy. We have a competetive budget, we need more cash. We have a team fit for promotion, we need you to buy another player. People are not as stupid as these folks might think. They hear words and remember what has been said.

I don't go along with this bring Webb and Newell on side and it will fool the masses. The influence these people have on the masses is little and insignificant. Probably 75% of people likely to go to Argyle have little or no knowledge of either of them. They certainly don't follow them on websites. My estimate would be less than a hundred might, and that is might not would, be influenced which is nothing like a number to run a business plan on. The Webb/Newell thing is just a red herring.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 pm

REALITY CHECK

The club can only spend 55% of turnover on the players wages.

Any "unbudgeted income" gets split with the "Harry wont pay the staff the money they're owed" fund.

We all know this, yet Harry seems to be saying that all income from Memberships will be going to the playing budget.

Is Harry totally unaware of the rules?
Is Harry going to start "cheating"?
Is he a con artist making false claims to get us to part with our money?

Or is he simply a liar?

As a side note, this looks like the second time Harry has said that the budget will be raised after originally saying it was "competitive"

How long before he says that "if we're in the mix at the turn of the year, we'll go for it"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Only 55% of the income can be spent on wages but the other 45% can be spent on buying players and doesn't play a part in the wages side of things. I think.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Also, is this the way Harry runs his hotel business?

Once he gets enough booking for a hotel in Bognor, he builds one?

He should watch Field of Dreams-"Build it and they will come"
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Only 55% of the income can be spent on wages but the other 45% can be spent on buying players and doesn't play a part in the wages side of things. I think.

C'mon you're just being silly now--Argyle pay a transfer fee?

Anyway, unless he's budgeted for far more Memberships than he'll ever sell, a share will have to go to the staff fund.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:35 pm

I wasn't suggesting Argyle would actually buy somebody just clarifying the position with general expenditure in this league. As I understood it you could only spend 55% of income on wages but there was no restriction on what was spent on anything else. If it was only 55% on the team then a number of them would have blown their allowed budget on paying fees already and would have nothing left for wages. There is nothing to stop Brent buying a player even if we all think he won't. His out on the staff side of things would of course be that we had budgeted for a purchase so it wasn't unbugeted income.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I wasn't suggesting Argyle would actually buy somebody just clarifying the position with general expenditure in this league. As I understood it you could only spend 55% of income on wages but there was no restriction on what was spent on anything else. If it was only 55% on the team then a number of them would have blown their allowed budget on paying fees already and would have nothing left for wages. There is nothing to stop Brent buying a player even if we all think he won't. His out on the staff side of things would of course be that we had budgeted for a purchase so it wasn't unbugeted income.

Of course, if anyone had any idea what his business plan/budget for the football club was, things would be a lot clearer.

Oddly enough, the Trust, CP'ers the puppets and various other muppets never asked this question (i.e. how are you going to run the club) when they slavishly backed Harry to take over the club. The Football League got a look at it and declared that they were "taking a leap of faith" to accept it-which basically means they thought it was a load of bollocks but didn't have the heart to let the club die, or even withhold the Golden Share until a better plan was presented.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

I would guess that some people would be able to work out the budget side of things fairly accurately if they had a mind to. The business plan might just take a bit more to get ones head around as that part of it has been a bit lacking in detail for the masses. I think the only business plan detail we have repeatedly been given is "we will be self sufficient".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Iggy wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

"So, as we start the second part of the membership drive, I can say to the fans that the more money we get through sales will go directly to helping Carl improve the quality of football on the pitch, and us improving the experience at Home Park for the supporters on match-days.

"It's what I would call a virtuous circle in that the better funded we are by our membership scheme, the more likely we are to succeed.

How I long for the good old days when a new Chairman (like Dan) would take over and pump his own money into the club!

But, it was not the basis that Brent came to the club and he said so from the outset.

Alongside such things as, "we should be a league 1 club minimun or more like CCC", "I will do whatever it takes to get this club back to where it belongs", "I will make sure Carl has a competitive budget for this league" and lets not forget "keep off the pitch if you want a new striker".
The thing is TC that the penny has finally started to drop with all but the thickest or most unrealistic fans. We have been bought by another property developer, his successes to date include buying the club for feck all, asset stripping the building land adjoining the club, the cost to him again feck all, paying feck all to the staff debt's because guess what? It's OUR club. Do you know what I feel cheated, I knew I was going to be, but I was told that I was a loose cannon, a freak a weirdo ect. ect. Funnily enough I am with Totnes Comma Mike on the enjoying my day out at the football, I do enjoy the day out, but I am one of the ones that does pay to see a match, does Brent even do that?

Iggy, we probably agree on the match day experience, I enjoy it as Ive had some fab match days/weekends in Plymouth and around the country over the past 3 years. The actual matches are harder to count as memorable but when they have arrived, at Accringtton and the Memorial Stadium they have felt even sweeter.

But I fully understood that a Brent owned club would not be a club where riches would be put in. He made it clear from before Day 1 that the club would have to be self supporting; Im still not sure why others did not hear what I heard.

It is clear what was in it for JB and salvation as a club was what we got in return. I think Im too old and cynical/hard bitten to feel cheated. I listened carefully and heard what was on offer after deducting the hype.

For this season? Well, the deficiences are still as apparent as they were last season and too many players who will add little except use up valuable Division 4 quality wages. Suffice to say the back 4 and keeper positions look sound, but generally, we have too large a squad for this division in view of the fact we need some quality still to come in. But the squad is likely to get bigger and we will still have one of the highest average attendances in this division, the debt affects that very little so we should still have some money to play with.

And heres a final thought; how much are we prepared to pay for these key players? A proven goalscorer in this division for £100,000pa? £150,000pa? £200,000pa or more? A commanding and creative midfielder, the same amounts? If you are looking for harmony in the dressing room is that what you pay?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I would guess that some people would be able to work out the budget side of things fairly accurately if they had a mind to. The business plan might just take a bit more to get ones head around as that part of it has been a bit lacking in detail for the masses. I think the only business plan detail we have repeatedly been given is "we will be self sufficient".

How can you work out a budget?

At first there was a "competitive" budget, then there was an "increased after Carl complained budget" now there's a "as big as you like if you buy enough tickets" budget.

It's all bullshit. Bob Diamond isn't the only ex-Banker that we shouldn't trust as far as we can throw him.

Isn't one of the newer Board Members an RBS Banker? No point in splashing out on a season ticket/membership then is there? By the time he acknowledges it's in the club account the transfer window will be shut.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:04 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Iggy wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Iggy, we probably agree on the match day experience, I enjoy it as Ive had some fab match days/weekends in Plymouth and around the country over the past 3 years. The actual matches are harder to count as memorable but when they have arrived, at Accringtton and the Memorial Stadium they have felt even sweeter.

But I fully understood that a Brent owned club would not be a club where riches would be put in. He made it clear from before Day 1 that the club would have to be self supporting; Im still not sure why others did not hear what I heard.

It is clear what was in it for JB and salvation as a club was what we got in return. I think Im too old and cynical/hard bitten to feel cheated. I listened carefully and heard what was on offer after deducting the hype.

For this season? Well, the deficiences are still as apparent as they were last season and too many players who will add little except use up valuable Division 4 quality wages. Suffice to say the back 4 and keeper positions look sound, but generally, we have too large a squad for this division in view of the fact we need some quality still to come in. But the squad is likely to get bigger and we will still have one of the highest average attendances in this division, the debt affects that very little so we should still have some money to play with.

And heres a final thought; how much are we prepared to pay for these key players? A proven goalscorer in this division for £100,000pa? £150,000pa? £200,000pa or more? A commanding and creative midfielder, the same amounts? If you are looking for harmony in the dressing room is that what you pay?

You know as well as I do Tony, that if Argyle start splashing out large transfer fees (I suspect that means anything over £25,000) the League will be on the Club's back about unpaid Football creditor debts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm not into figures where businesses are concerned but I'd guess some are. We would know roughly what we get in season tickets. We would hazard a fair guess at gates for the extra. Lets say another 2000. It could be worked out roughly what advertising revenue would be. Add on a bit for sale of goods and food etc. Chuck in a bit of sponsorship for players and shirt logo. I'm sure somebody out there would be reasonable at putting that together. 55% of whatever figure is come up with is budget (ish). I didn't say it would be 100% accurate but probably reasonably close. There's a challenge for somebody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:47 pm

The interview with JB today and the "Big and important news" shite has made people like Sensible on here, and a fair few on Pasoti start to question what is going on at Argyle.

For SG to come out with a statement like this:

Simply there are not enough floating voters to aim a scam at. I say scam because trying to blackmail people into buying in is just that. Up to now I have not been too sceptical about Brent because up to now he has done what he has said pretty much. However, the words lately have been a wee bit dodgy. We have a competetive budget, we need more cash. We have a team fit for promotion, we need you to buy another player. People are not as stupid as these folks might think. They hear words and remember what has been said.

Just shows how big an own goal has been scored in the last couple of days.

The majority of us ATD posters are at the best of times let's say sceptical and not overly optimistic, but for people like SG, who by his own admission would buy a season ticket come what may and who's ass cheeks have almost certainly left an imprint in his regular seat, and Greengenes and OllieArgyle9 on Pasoti, even if they have played down their criticism somewhat as the day has gone on, to have reservations and question JB, it must be a worrying time at the club.

What is even more worrying for me, is that SG asked a more than reasonable question of Chris Webb on here, and Chris has certainly been logged on several times since the question was posted, and he has got no reply that I know of.

Now SG isn't a rabid lunatic ATD rottweiler with an agenda, he is a lifelong Argyle fan and long-time season ticket holder who asked the Club President his views on the situation, in a polite and proper manner.

If Chris has replied in private to SG then I apologise, but if not I hope that it does not mean that even Chris himself is not feeling the Brent love at the moment. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree entirely and there's a perfectly good reason why Chris hasn't been able to answer and that the Argyle website will have the amazing news that Robin Van Persie is about to sign on the dotted line.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:56 pm

The point is it shouldn't be up to fans to try to come up with a guestimate budget.

A business plan and budget had to be presented to the league in order to get the golden share.

I see no reason why the basics of it shouldn't be made public.

Projected transfer income & expenditure

Income from property sales

Gate receipts

Is/when will the club operate at a profit?

Will profit be re invested or paid out to Directors

Total and players wage bill.

All this should have been presented to those who had an interest in the sale of the Club( The League, The Administrators, fans groups who backed him)

I'm sure the first two got a look at the figures (even if they didn't like them)

As for the fans groups (claiming to act on behalf of you and me) it seems their financial digging amounted to little more than

"I'll save you club"

"How you going to do that then?"

"None of your damn business, but you lot can start paying off some of the debts for me. While you're at it, keep the plebs off my back"

"Sounds good to us, doesn't it Ian?"

"Yeah....can I sit near you in the Director's box?"

"I suppose so"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:19 pm

First answer to Jock is no PM and no answer. Who actually said there was to be a big announcement yesterday anyway? I read the websites and assumed it was the club but was it them or was it somebody getting a rumour wrong. Either way you are right that it has raised some scepticism from the generally mild amongst us.

Second reply is to Grovehill. I know it isn't up to supporters to come up with a guestimate. All I was trying to say and thought I had was that somebody COULD come up with one if they wanted to and make it known. That way we would have an idea about the budget side of things. I somehow can't see the club itself publishing the figures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm

I see that Mr President is logged in once more so perhaps he might answer my question now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:27 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Iggy wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

TC with due respects I very nuch doubt that Darren Purse is getting the same pay as the rest.I would suggest that he is getting megabucks more even treble bucks.You see you have to pay for quality and thats what players like Purse give you at this level and it stands out a mile in his play,plus he inspires others.Blanchard for example has progressed leaps and bounds after playing alongside Purse.Now another key position is striker and if you want a decent one you have to pay the going rate once again.Mega bucks treble bucks that is what you have to do.As for harmony in the dressing room,if all the players are picking up win bonuses week after week then I see no problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
First answer to Jock is no PM and no answer. Who actually said there was to be a big announcement yesterday anyway? I read the websites and assumed it was the club but was it them or was it somebody getting a rumour wrong. Either way you are right that it has raised some scepticism from the generally mild amongst us.

Second reply is to Grovehill. I know it isn't up to supporters to come up with a guestimate. All I was trying to say and thought I had was that somebody COULD come up with one if they wanted to and make it known. That way we would have an idea about the budget side of things. I somehow can't see the club itself publishing the figures.
On Argyle twitter it was billed as a big news,on Argyle facebook it was billed as important news
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:40 pm

tcm wrote:
and and sorry gob,,,,,,,,,,,,,do you still go to HP on match days,as in do you contribute to brent as i do ?

You said it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks oddball. I don't do twitter or facebook so wouldn't have seen it anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Grovehill wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Iggy wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

You know as well as I do Tony, that if Argyle start splashing out large transfer fees (I suspect that means anything over £25,000) the League will be on the Club's back about unpaid Football creditor debts.

Re reading my post, perhaps I meant salaries (hence pa) not fees. It is likely we have been quoted too high a salary for this division which may be why a number of people we were linked with are still available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:50 pm

oddball wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Iggy wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

TC with due respects I very nuch doubt that Darren Purse is getting the same pay as the rest.I would suggest that he is getting megabucks more even treble bucks.You see you have to pay for quality and thats what players like Purse give you at this level and it stands out a mile in his play,plus he inspires others.Blanchard for example has progressed leaps and bounds after playing alongside Purse.Now another key position is striker and if you want a decent one you have to pay the going rate once again.Mega bucks treble bucks that is what you have to do.As for harmony in the dressing room,if all the players are picking up win bonuses week after week then I see no problem

Al, I dont disagree with you!

But I am saying even higher salaries than Pursey may be why certain players have not signed.

Or maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Buy a Season Ticket
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next