Damon.Lenszner
Dougie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Next Season Ticket Prices Empty
PostSubject: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:58 pm

I see Premier League Champions Man Yoo have frozen season ticket prices for next year.

I wonder where Argyle prices are heading for next season. Will the owner continue to lend the club money for a 3rd season? Or will he hit the paying punters pockets until the £1 million a year income producing grandstand is completed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Dougie wrote:
I see Premier League Champions Man Yoo have frozen season ticket prices for next year.

I wonder where Argyle prices are heading for next season.  Will the owner continue to lend the club money for a 3rd season?  Or will he hit the paying punters pockets until the £1 million a year income producing grandstand is completed?

The elusive 1 million a year producing grandstand !!

Wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Dougie wrote:

I wonder where Argyle prices are heading for next season.  Will the owner continue to lend the club money for a 3rd season?  Or will he hit the paying punters pockets until the £1 million a year income producing grandstand is completed?

The 1 million a year producing grandstand !!

Wake me up when this nightmare is over

like a million goes along way in professional football sadly. Maybe in league 2 it will but not championship/league one
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 11:47 pm

EXTRA £1 million.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 8:09 am

I'm going for a £1-£3 rise for all tickets.

And with that pricing out even more families from attending due to the cost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 9:11 am

WTF is going on the farm with the 'we luv Brent' thread - I suppose linked in a way to this one. Some goodfellas telling how it really is as the same old believers make me puke with the tunnel vision - can anyone clear up this sale/lease of these internal sheds, does the cash go straight to the club or is there a siphoning effect by El bosso?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 am

It got so sugary, I wanted to leave a comment but couldn't....hasn't it been locked ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 9:56 am

I may screenshot it and add it too my flickr so when the obvious happends and we are left with a clusterfuck and a smaller club as result i can post that to embarrass those idiots who are acting like paid off union reps. Your free to do as we tell you should be pasoti's motto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:08 am

Took a quick peep, not like me. Now I know why I don't bother.
Loved this quote from the head creep. Sort of sums up his view of life beautifully

Less seats possibly but a lot more in it. Isn't that the same in a load of GrandStands then? wrote:

Oh to be a selfish pig. More food, less mouths to share it. The perfect world it would seem... and echoed by the naive youndsters that populate that forum these days. Some people spend their whole life scrabbling among the dirt and what do they find. The door to the back of the grandstand of a Div 4 football club. Dear oh dear. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:16 am

Angry wrote:
I may screenshot it and add it too my flickr so when the obvious happends and we are left with a clusterfuck and a smaller club as result i can post that to embarrass those idiots who are acting like paid off union reps. Your free to do as we tell you should be pasoti's motto.

Is it worth it, there are so few these days.

I often wonder what a forum of combined views of 'that site' and ATD would look like and I concluded that it would look like ATD with an extra page for star struck Newell's comments defending his lip quiverer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 am

Winter Green wrote:
Took a quick peep, not like me. Now I know why I don't bother.
Loved this quote from the head creep. Sort of sums up his view of life beautifully

Oh to be a selfish pig. More food, less mouths to share it. The perfect world it would seem... and echoed by the naive youndsters that populate that forum these days. Some people spend their whole life scrabbling among the dirt and what do they find. The door to the back of the grandstand of a Div 4 football club. Dear oh dear. Very Happy 

You can telegraph the bum licking at a hundred paces - sold his soul and acting as the pied piper for the young'uns, none of which will ever afford or allowed near the gin palace planned, mugs!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am

Surely even Jimmy Rugby wouldn't think of putting up POTD prices next season.

And of course with a new grandstand able to deliver an easy extra annual profit of 1 or 2 million for a 10m outlay, one would have thought why on earth the club didn't do it years ago with those sort of returns. 20% capital return ? I'll have some of that.
I'm sure these people just pick figures out of the sky just to soothe fevered brows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 am

If we all cough up the extra bunce to watch the feeble greens next season we MAY get a new striker! Oh no he's tried that one already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 pm

I just wonder if he might play with the idea of a debenture thing to help pay for the ministand, rather than using his "own" money. That would be a sort of ticketus twizzle that might go over the heads of most fans. Take money off future gate receipts and use it now, until he can hop off, job done, leaving another gaping hole to be filled in later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Winter Green wrote:
I just wonder if he might play with the idea of a debenture thing to help pay for the ministand, rather than using his "own" money. That would be a sort of ticketus twizzle that might go over the heads of most fans.  Take money off future gate receipts and use it now, until he can hop off, job done, leaving another gaping hole to be filled in later.

I think that's exactly what will happen, wasn't pork chop promoting the idea a short while ago?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 12:21 pm

GOB wrote:
Winter Green wrote:
I just wonder if he might play with the idea of a debenture thing to help pay for the ministand, rather than using his "own" money. That would be a sort of ticketus twizzle that might go over the heads of most fans.  Take money off future gate receipts and use it now, until he can hop off, job done, leaving another gaping hole to be filled in later.

I think that's exactly what will happen, wasn't pork chop promoting the idea a short while ago?

He did like the idea of a debenture sure enough. Funnily enough James Brent dismissed it I think at the meeting with the Trust's Grandstand Working Group (?) because of the adverse effect it would have on future income.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Surely even Jimmy Rugby wouldn't think of putting up POTD prices next season.

And of course with a new grandstand able to deliver an easy extra annual profit of 1 or 2 million for a 10m outlay, one would have thought why on earth the club didn't do it years ago with those sort of returns. 20% capital return ? I'll have some of that.
I'm sure these people just pick figures out of the sky just to soothe fevered brows.

The language used about that £1m was always a bit vague. I always assumed it would be income rather than profit that was projected to be £1m. "Figures out of the sky" sums it up pretty well.

I also understand a debenture to be the right to buy a ticket rather than the ticket itself. Kind of like a reserved priority running for 10 years or whatever so selling debentures doesn't per se necessarily leave a long term hole.

I predict a price freeze for next season's prices.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:16 pm

I expect season ticket prices to rise

if we get promoted,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:21 pm

The debenture we have going at my golf club is basically in the form of an interest-free loan to the club. It's just north of £8k, but gets you full playing rights. This would normally be just short of £700 a year. Try putting 8k in a savings account and see what you get in interest in a 12 month period. In won't be anything like £700, so in that respect it's a good investment.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 pm

At the moment, ticket prices are £19 pre-matchday going up to £21 on matchday. There are however, some League Two/Conference clubs that are slightly more expensive that that. At a guess (it is a pure guess with no information) it wouldn't surprise me to see that go up a bit especially if it can be justified by a good end to the season and narrowly missing out on the play-offs. I'd be very disappointed if it were to be so but the way ticket prices are rocketing across the board coupled with the debt situation it wouldn't be a reaction of surprise.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:46 pm

I don't know which conference/league 2 clubs do charge more but it wouldn't surprise me that some do. Folks in places like Wimbledon, Oxford, Cambridge, Dagenham, Nuneaton and Forest Green for instance would probably earn a good bit more than the average wage in Plymouth so would not baulk at a pound or two more. As for Argyle I reckon they will be frozen or a maximum 20 in advance and 22 quid for pay on the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 pm

swampy wrote:
I don't know which conference/league 2 clubs do charge more but it wouldn't surprise me that some do. Folks in places like Wimbledon, Oxford, Cambridge, Dagenham, Nuneaton and Forest Green for instance would probably earn a good bit more than the average wage in Plymouth so would not baulk at a pound or two more. As for Argyle I reckon they will be frozen or a maximum 20 in advance and 22 quid for pay on the day.

still too high for league 2 that price. no amount of jester hats and polo shirts will tempt the average joe to part with that money to watch crap footy.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 pm

The idea of debentures was also raised at a PASB joint meeting but dismissed by the club board - not wanting to sell future income.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:49 pm

The magnificent 7 sold two years worth of future season ticket sales to Ticketus and look where that ended up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:23 pm

greensleeves wrote:
The magnificent 7 sold two years worth of future season ticket sales to Ticketus and look where that ended up.

The same Magnificent 7 you and your masters go to great lengths to try and paint two of them as innocent. Which village idiot i using this account today?.....////
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Season Ticket Prices   Next Season Ticket Prices Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Season Ticket Prices
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next