Greenskin
Freathy
Rickler
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:01 pm

See that is the thing for me GOB I don't want to check out track records and I'm not interested in how the war was fought or who won. I'm not interested in who shafted who as aren't most supporters. I just do not believe that Brent is basing his football business on the say so of 2 people who fought in the war. I give him a bit more credit on how to do things for himself than that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Cannon fodder.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:13 pm

I think they were influential in helping Harry get control of PAFC, they did have influence "release the dogs"etc. I think they were rewarded for their efforts. I think that certainly Mr Prez bought Harry some time to get thro last season (probably deservedly so) but now its starting to just slightly wobble, i wonder how influential and persuasive they will be going forward with the majority of argyle supporters. 5 5-0 wins on the bounce maybe, 2 00 draws andthe same old fair as last season, I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Bull Shit.

Your turn Tring.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Bull Shit.

Your turn Tring.

I'm washing my hair !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Sorry I thought this was one of Peggy's word games. Shouldn't take you long then, see you in a couple of minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
See that is the thing for me GOB I don't want to check out track records and I'm not interested in how the war was fought or who won.

Well, nearly every employer in the country looks at the CV of new confederates... why do they do that ? Do you really think past records have no place in current decision making ? I could understand your position re the past if you were a greensam striking forward for the first time, but you're not.
This isn't Cambodia and it's not year zero..... things just cannot be erradicated that easily, even though some would like it so..
Sadly, I don't detect a REAL new page has been turned... almost a cobbled together nonsense to allow the council and ANOthers to pick up the remnants of the property matters planned, as best they can..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I really don't think that either of the warlords mentioned have influence over Brent and his decision making. They are not paid by the club so are not employees. Other people have issues on the website wars and I'm not one of them is all I'm saying. Funnily enough the vast majority of supporters don't even look at websites or indulge in them so they aren't interested either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Sorry I thought this was one of Peggy's word games. Shouldn't take you long then, see you in a couple of minutes.

Ahem. I do mundane, books and tuneage.

(And, according to some, spells.)

Pete does word games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I don't think Harry is influenced by his puupets either... I've seen his show live at the Bristol Hippodrome, and it was definitely Harry working Sooty and Sweep.

You're missing the point, it's the whole culture and what has been put in place... of which the symptoms we have been discussing, are a part. You believe in it, I certainly do not.
I know the odd fan who thinks like you, one of them is actually standing for election to the PASB, but I know a lot more who are very dubious about what has been achieved with this buy out. They may not know all the ins and outs, but that doesn't take away from the underlying disquiet I have heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:05 pm

I have voiced my positives and I have voiced my disquiet.

I would rather we weren't where we are.

Genuine question, Penz, do you think if we bang our heads against the wall hard enough we will achieve anything better?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Yes. Always believe. Very Happy
But failing that, the road travelled, and all that ..........................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Sorry Peggy.

I don't know how many times I have to say this Penz but you make it sound as if I am hooked to a line and can't see anything for myself. I am not hooked to anyone's spin. I have reservations about what Brent will do and if he will keep his word. How else I can say that I don't know. Who in their right mind would think otherwise given our recent history of Owners. I hope he comes good but there again why would I want him to fail if he owns the club I follow. There is bound to be disquiet and suspicion of things that come out of Home Park. In the same vein there are almost bound to be gaffs like the "big news" thing.

That however is a whole world away to believing that most supporters are remotely interested in website wars and who did what to whom. It is also a world away from believing that 2 people have an exclusive passage to Brent's ear and that he listens intently to what they say and that they make promises of delivering the masses for him. It however always seems to come back to this and people really believe on here that it is the most important thing in the universe. It is to some, they are few, but to the majority it isn't even on their radar.

What I won't do is naturally disbelieve everything that comes out of the club just because it has been said by them. I will not always look for some under the counter message for the true meaning of the statement. I will not always just condemn the players or Manager or Brent just because and for no other reason. It is absolutely fine to have an opinion on the players and their merits and the manager and his merits without kickoff being here. It is something we all have in common and that is an opinion. It isn't fact though just because that's the way our mind is working on the topic at that time. The only proof there will be is in the outcome and that is the future where none of us can see. I said before somewhere that somebody will get the opinion right as that is the law of probability. It doesn't make it right now though. I prefer to wait and see rather than just condemn others prefer to condemn rather than wait and see and it is that diversity that makes the world go around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Penz wrote:
Yes. Always believe. Very Happy
But failing that, the road travelled, and all that ..........................

I don't disagree with the aim. I just find that banging my head against the wall all the time not only gives me a headache but spoils my good looks.

I also save my head-banging until I think it's needed. What led us to where we are is past. I am happy to wait a little longer before I think Mr Brent & Mr Fletcher have failed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I prefer to wait and see rather than just condemn others prefer to condemn rather than wait and see and it is that diversity that makes the world go around.

It certainly does Sensible... glad we agree on that. Good luck with your waiting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Sorry Peggy.

I don't know how many times I have to say this Penz but you make it sound as if I am hooked to a line and can't see anything for myself. I am not hooked to anyone's spin. I have reservations about what Brent will do and if he will keep his word. How else I can say that I don't know. Who in their right mind would think otherwise given our recent history of Owners. I hope he comes good but there again why would I want him to fail if he owns the club I follow. There is bound to be disquiet and suspicion of things that come out of Home Park. In the same vein there are almost bound to be gaffs like the "big news" thing.

That however is a whole world away to believing that most supporters are remotely interested in website wars and who did what to whom. It is also a world away from believing that 2 people have an exclusive passage to Brent's ear and that he listens intently to what they say and that they make promises of delivering the masses for him. It however always seems to come back to this and people really believe on here that it is the most important thing in the universe. It is to some, they are few, but to the majority it isn't even on their radar.

What I won't do is naturally disbelieve everything that comes out of the club just because it has been said by them. I will not always look for some under the counter message for the true meaning of the statement. I will not always just condemn the players or Manager or Brent just because and for no other reason. It is absolutely fine to have an opinion on the players and their merits and the manager and his merits without kickoff being here. It is something we all have in common and that is an opinion. It isn't fact though just because that's the way our mind is working on the topic at that time. The only proof there will be is in the outcome and that is the future where none of us can see. I said before somewhere that somebody will get the opinion right as that is the law of probability. It doesn't make it right now though. I prefer to wait and see rather than just condemn others prefer to condemn rather than wait and see and it is that diversity that makes the world go around.
I've tried reading this bit have given up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Would you like me to explain it again only in simpler terms oddball?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I generally agree with GOB's post.
Like SG surely Harrys not going to base his business plan for the footballing side on 'super fans', CF hasnt got the budget to compete higher up the division - mid table for the forseeable the best we can hope for.
Harry can tell all and sundry we can & have the money to compete but as Shonbo says if its the same fare as last season then 'loyalties' will be pushed hard.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:28 am

oddball wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Sorry Peggy.

lol!

ps thanks to Penz for taking up the baton. My eyes were beginning to glaze over again.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am

Tringreen wrote:
oddball wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Sorry Peggy.

lol!

ps thanks to Penz for taking up the baton. My eyes were beginning to glaze over again.

The phrase "casting pearls before swine" comes to mind Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 am

Keep Napoleon out of it ffs ! lol! pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:57 am

Tringreen wrote:
lol!

It was a one off Tringy. It was only a bucket rattle for the cause. I shan't be doing it again pale

Last edited by Penz on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 am

Penz wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
lol!

It was a one off Tringy. I shan't be doing it again pale

Made I larf out loud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add............... still laughing out loud lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Sorry Peggy.

For your next exercise try to summarise or précis, I very rarely read anything on an internet board that resembles a book.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:32 am

Tringreen wrote:
Keep Napoleon out of it ffs ! lol! pig

I'll set them up, you stick them away lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Buy a Season Ticket
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next