Mrrapson
Rickler
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
shonbo

shonbo

FAO Rickler - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
Rule 81 of the society rules state that there should be an elected chairman and vice chair. While a democracy is a good thing you need someone who can lead, to be fair to Gareth he seems to be doing just that but in doing so he is undermining the remaining board.

Leigh,

Here are the rules of the Trust.

I can't see anything similar to your reference to 'Rule 81' in there. Indeed, a search for the word 'vice' provides no responses.

If you think we didn't make sure that Supporters' Direct were content before we decided to operate without a Chair, you are wrong. The most crucial role in the Supporters' Trust is that of the Secretary. That is the only role that is specified in the rules as a 'must' and that is the only role with statutory responsibility.

We elect a Chair for each meeting we have as per the rules.

I can assure you that none of the other Board members are being undermined and nor do they feel they are being undermined. We are in regular dialogue and they are of course available to talk to in person (as some might say as REAL people) at the gazebo on Saturday and in the info points.

Feel free to pop down to check on their welfare at any point.

For future reference, I and we will answer fair questions on the activities and intentions of the Board. But I am unable to respond further to inaccurate assumptions based on no evidence, such as your suggestion that I am undermining the rest of the board.

Have a good day.

Gareth:

OFFICERS
81. The Society Board shall elect from among their own number a Chair, treasurer and such other Officers as they may from time to time decide in accordance with the Society’s Board Membership and Conduct Policy. These Officers shall have such duties and rights as may be bestowed on them by the Society Board or by statute and any officer appointed may be removed by the Society Board.

Hope this helps you.

Mrrapson
You must be looking at something else. That isn't in the link that Gareth has included.
Where is your set of rules coming from? Flickr?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Andy symons = Mr two faced creep 2012
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Braidie Cole wrote:

Look forward to seeing you at the ATD - James Brent session then Braidie. alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Braidie Cole wrote:

I agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:52 pm

47815greatwestern shit stirrer
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Bintang wrote:

And your 2 posts aren't at all like that, Mr Pot?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Bintang wrote:

Welcome Bintang to ATD and we look forward to your insightful posts. I'm sure your building up to it flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:56 pm

I think the poodles are out to play
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Dont bite guys. Its a very predictable attack ahead of tomorrow's Q&A.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Love the way you lot get on so well Razz
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:01 pm

shonbo wrote:
Bintang wrote:

Welcome Bintang to ATD and we look forward to your insightful posts. I'm sure your building up to it flower

That actually made me chuckle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:10 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Love the way you lot get on so well Razz

I'd rather kiss an Exeter fan than shake hands with one of the poodles jocolor
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
shonbo wrote:
Bintang wrote:

That actually made me chuckle.

Not sure how to take that but in all seriousness, this is what I found at rule 81.

81. No person can be a member of the Executive Board who:
a. has been declared bankrupt or compounded with their creditors;
b. is subject to a disqualification order made under the Company Directors Disqualification Act;
c. has been convicted of an indictable offence which is not a spent conviction as defined in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974;
d. is or may on the basis of medical evidence be suffering from mental disorder.

So I can think of one or two people who can't stand lol!

Where were you looking?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Bintang wrote:
Braidie Cole wrote:

I agree

FAO Rickler - Page 3 980389
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Gareth Nicholson wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
Rule 81 of the society rules state that there should be an elected chairman and vice chair. While a democracy is a good thing you need someone who can lead, to be fair to Gareth he seems to be doing just that but in doing so he is undermining the remaining board.

Leigh,

Here are the rules of the Trust.

I can't see anything similar to your reference to 'Rule 81' in there. Indeed, a search for the word 'vice' provides no responses.

If you think we didn't make sure that Supporters' Direct were content before we decided to operate without a Chair, you are wrong. The most crucial role in the Supporters' Trust is that of the Secretary. That is the only role that is specified in the rules as a 'must' and that is the only role with statutory responsibility.

We elect a Chair for each meeting we have as per the rules.

I can assure you that none of the other Board members are being undermined and nor do they feel they are being undermined. We are in regular dialogue and they are of course available to talk to in person (as some might say as REAL people) at the gazebo on Saturday and in the info points.

Feel free to pop down to check on their welfare at any point.

For future reference, I and we will answer fair questions on the activities and intentions of the Board. But I am unable to respond further to inaccurate assumptions based on no evidence, such as your suggestion that I am undermining the rest of the board.

Have a good day.

Gareth:

OFFICERS
81. The Society Board shall elect from among their own number a Chair, treasurer and such other Officers as they may from time to time decide in accordance with the Society’s Board Membership and Conduct Policy. These Officers shall have such duties and rights as may be bestowed on them by the Society Board or by statute and any officer appointed may be removed by the Society Board.

Hope this helps you.

That doesn't say that the Treasurer or Chair need to be permanent appointments or that they cannot rotate from meeting to meeting. It says that the Society Board can appoint and replace as it wishes.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Shonbo,

That is from the supporters Direct rules for society boards. The official one, that they have to abide by as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Shonbo,

That is from the supporters Direct rules for society boards. The official one, that they have to abide by as well.

They don't have to abide by Supporters Direct rules. They're the Model rules. Not set in stone.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
Shonbo,

They don't have to abide by Supporters Direct rules. They're the Model rules. Not set in stone.

Mrrapson
The rules that you are quoting, are they online somewhere? and that is from the link that Gareth gave.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
Shonbo,

This is from the RULES not model rules of SD regarding board members:

clients.squareeye.net/uploads/sd/documents/board_membership.pdf

I cant post links yet but add in http before.

3 Elected Members
3.1 There will be between 7 and 12 members of the Board elected by Full members of the
organisation. Board Members elected shall serve for three years, unless they are
elected in a by-election in which case they shall serve the remainder of the period of
office of the person they replaced.

and

4. Co-opted members
4.1 Under the rules of the organisation, the Board of Supporters Direct is to have no fewer
than 7 and no more than 18 members. They are drawn from:
4.1.1 Between 7-12 elected members
4.1.2 Between 0-6 co-opted members

and

2.3 The Board’s Chair and other officers are to be appointed annually by the Board at
their first meeting after the AGM. The Chair shall be an elected member of the Board,
or shall carry the support of a majority of elected members of the Board.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
Shonbo,

This is from the RULES not model rules of SD regarding board members:

clients.squareeye.net/uploads/sd/documents/board_membership.pdf

I cant post links yet but add in http before.

3 Elected Members
3.1 There will be between 7 and 12 members of the Board elected by Full members of the
organisation. Board Members elected shall serve for three years, unless they are
elected in a by-election in which case they shall serve the remainder of the period of
office of the person they replaced.

and

4. Co-opted members
4.1 Under the rules of the organisation, the Board of Supporters Direct is to have no fewer
than 7 and no more than 18 members. They are drawn from:
4.1.1 Between 7-12 elected members
4.1.2 Between 0-6 co-opted members

and

2.3 The Board’s Chair and other officers are to be appointed annually by the Board at
their first meeting after the AGM. The Chair shall be an elected member of the Board,
or shall carry the support of a majority of elected members of the Board.

OK, no sign of rule 81 that you originally quoted. And no procedure there for what to do if the chair stands down or indeed other contingencies. As it says, "The Board’s Chair and other officers are to be appointed annually by the Board at their first meeting after the AGM." That occurred.

I'm sure at the anniversary of the AGM, procedure will be followed correctly. Gareth has it under advisement that what he is doing is fine. Having worked on a few committees over the last 20 years (it only seems a lot longer) the way forward appears to me to be totally appropriate.

Bear in mind this is a situation that occurred because of someone else's behaviour which they have had the courage to apologise for. Unlike others that feature around the Argyle ecosystem which would maybe allow us to all move on.

I'm not getting where you're coming from on this (I am not local ) and have been to only one fanfest Very Happy , I do not know things that others don't, I'm genuinely confused by your attitude.

When I note the actions of others (both positive and negative) I note a flavour of "We know best, no need to be questioned,". Its almost as if they started off with the very best of intentions, but somewhere along the way, openness and integrity were at first obfuscated and then at times abandoned; and now its too hard to open up and admit mistakes -FULLY. All the time it goes on without that, it'll keep dripping like a poison into the very lifeblood of argyle supporters.

I'd genuinely like to understand your pov

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Bintang wrote:

cheers love you too hun xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:55 pm

snake with tits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Bintang wrote:
snake with tits

what ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Bintang means women.

Known as Snakes With Tits.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snakes%20with%20tits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:05 pm

No not women in general ... just her
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO Rickler   FAO Rickler - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO Rickler
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next