Grovehill
Jethro
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 12:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Agree with expats I reckon Hardie would go to Preston like an Argyle manager caught with the cleaning lady if given the chance.

only if they offer a price too good to turn down as with all the other players in the squad. Preston aren't flushed with cash compared to other Championship clubs so they wont be planning a mass raid our first team barr 1 or 2 if they can match the valuation and more of ie Hardie and Grant.

Aslong as a player leaves if any we replace him with an equal or slightly better player before the window closes and i believe the likes of Parkinson, Dewsnip and Schumacher are planning this and more as we speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 1:09 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Joey Barton sends message to Plymouth Argyle with Bristol Rovers defender a coaching target

Plymouth Argyle manager Steven Schumacher wants Mark Hughes to join his backroom staff at Home Park

Joey Barton claims Plymouth Argyle's public courting of Mark Hughes has only increased his value, although Bristol Rovers are yet to receive an official approach for the veteran defender.

New Plymouth manager Steven Schumacher wants Hughes as part of his coaching staff at Home Park but his comments on December 23, in which he confirmed his former Everton, Bury and Stevenage teammate is a friend and occasional confidant but also refused to comment on any links, appears to have annoyed Barton.

He's revealed that Schumacher privately made his intentions to sign Hughes clear via a text message earlier this month but no official bid has been made for the centre-back who's under contract at the Mem until the summer.

The fact Barton shares the same agent as former Pilgrims boss Ryan Lowe, who left Devon for Preston earlier this month, also means the 39-year-old is acutely aware of how much the League One club have available to spend on reinforcements to their coaching staff.

"I was surprised a little bit, another manager speaking about a contracted player as the Plymouth manager did. But, again, if they want him, every player has a price," Barton said.

"There’ll be a discussion financially between us and Plymouth. I’ve got the same agent as the ex-Plymouth manager so I know how much Plymouth received from Preston for the manager and they won’t be taking a player or a coach of mine for nothing.

(I wait until the summer when he will be free)

Why’s this being reported now, Keith Downings here now so Barton can take his gob and do one
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 1:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Joey Barton sends message to Plymouth Argyle with Bristol Rovers defender a coaching target

Plymouth Argyle manager Steven Schumacher wants Mark Hughes to join his backroom staff at Home Park

Joey Barton claims Plymouth Argyle's public courting of Mark Hughes has only increased his value, although Bristol Rovers are yet to receive an official approach for the veteran defender.

New Plymouth manager Steven Schumacher wants Hughes as part of his coaching staff at Home Park but his comments on December 23, in which he confirmed his former Everton, Bury and Stevenage teammate is a friend and occasional confidant but also refused to comment on any links, appears to have annoyed Barton.

He's revealed that Schumacher privately made his intentions to sign Hughes clear via a text message earlier this month but no official bid has been made for the centre-back who's under contract at the Mem until the summer.

The fact Barton shares the same agent as former Pilgrims boss Ryan Lowe, who left Devon for Preston earlier this month, also means the 39-year-old is acutely aware of how much the League One club have available to spend on reinforcements to their coaching staff.

"I was surprised a little bit, another manager speaking about a contracted player as the Plymouth manager did. But, again, if they want him, every player has a price," Barton said.

"There’ll be a discussion financially between us and Plymouth. I’ve got the same agent as the ex-Plymouth manager so I know how much Plymouth received from Preston for the manager and they won’t be taking a player or a coach of mine for nothing.

Why’s this being reported now, Keith Downings here now so Barton can take his gob and do one

Barton should worry more about his job let alone whether a player that was linked to coming here and didnt was spoken to by Steven first. We got a good appointment in Dowings as Assistant whether Hughes joins later as a player/coach that remains to be seen but i wouldnt be supprised if that did happen certainly not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 5:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Barton should worry more about his job let alone whether a player that was linked to coming here and didnt was spoken to by Steven first. We got a good appointment in Dowings as Assistant whether Hughes joins later as a player/coach that remains to be seen but i wouldnt be supprised if that did happen certainly not a bad thing.

i'd resign just to get away from Barton.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 5:35 pm

Thing is if anyone came in for X or Y.
I'm not sure we would get mugged off for Plymouth prices like in the past.
Also Dewsnip and Schumacher would be backed to replace them.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 5:39 pm

Exactly, our Chairman is not a bent twat, I am confident he will not go the way we have previously.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 6:33 pm

And lets not forget that scouse cleaner shagger knows only to well that everyone is out of contract at the end of next season so if does want to raid he will wait till next jan especially if he fancies a punt on cooper and jephcott like other teams will do.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 6:58 pm

Why we should put contracts in place to protect ourselves.

Not sure soundbite will be in the job by then anyway we know , what the riddler is like.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 8:44 am

What’s happened to super Si parky & dewnips five year plan & maybe get to championship I thought that was point of keeping our best players to try get to that goal and not flogging our best players to our a rivals who want the exact same goal as us but yet we’re prepared to flog our players to rivals / other clubs to reach there goal if Hallett parky dewsnip are serious we need to keep our best players I thought we’d seen last of this flogging the family china after Brent left otherwise we ain’t going nowhere languishing where we are or possibly lower So Mr hallett you need to nip this in the bud keep our best players and add to to the squad when possible and then there no reason why we can’t compete with our rivals
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 9:45 am

Agree Reg, I believe the club is serious in planning for a return to the Championship, so I will be disappointed if Lowe and others are able to make successful raids on our squad. It looks to me there is enough experience now around Schumacher in the management team to come up with a strategy to build a promotion team.
I can see no reason still why Argyle should not be promoted this season.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 9:58 am

Surely no-one believes the five year plan to become a sustainable Championship football club within five years was anything other than a load of hot air.    If/when PNE come for Camara, Mayor, Hardie and Grant, make no mistake Hallett will, at this current time, gladly sell them all.  With our current set up, promotion to the Championship is completely unattainable and without serious investment we will never be anything other than what we currently are i.e. a  L1/L2 yo-yo club.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 10:37 am

So you keep saying, we will see as always.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 12:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
Surely no-one believes the five year plan to become a sustainable Championship football club within five years was anything other than a load of hot air.    If/when PNE come for Camara, Mayor, Hardie and Grant, make no mistake Hallett will, at this current time, gladly sell them all.  With our current set up, promotion to the Championship is completely unattainable and without serious investment we will never be anything other than what we currently are i.e. a  L1/L2 yo-yo club.
Up to Community Si, to prove you wrong bud, though PAFC history makes what you say very likely.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 12:30 pm

Freathy wrote:

Yeah I wish Hallett would just fcuk off, and take the £15m he’s put in so far, with him.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 12:32 pm

Didn't take long. 2 days into January and half the squad are supposed to be on their way to Preston or somewhere.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 12:44 pm

Its down to Si to prove that he is different to everybody that has gone before. As a 58 yr old argyle fan I have grown used to seeing any quality we have being sold up the road for Plymouth prices. We won't be a real CCC prospect until that changes, it is a dilemma to be sure and it has more to do with realism than pessimism.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:08 pm

Have we ever had a Chairman who's put £15 m of his own money into the club? A Chairman who cleaned up Brent's mess and actually did what he said he would do and finish the Mayflower stand?

There is now a much more professional image about the club, both on and off the field, the back room staff are top quality, the preparation for games, the media, the academy, the training facilities, all have seen significant improvements under Hallett's leadership.

Players will come and go, but we now seem to be in a position where we don't actually need to sell players, and there is no doubt in my mind that the club is targeting the CCC and is capable of getting there.

I think the Chairman has proved himself up to now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:22 pm

Time will tell but I have confidence in Hallet to finish the job.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 2:19 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Didn't take long. 2 days into January and half the squad are supposed to be on their way to Preston or somewhere.

Rolling Eyes
At the absolute very least Hardie is Deepdale bound for sure.  We really have to hope that's all Lowe wants because he obviously holds ALL the cards here.  I hope Schumacher has potential replacements lined up for those who look likely to leave this window and that Hallett will give him the funds.  I want more than to be like Exeter City where L1 is as good as it can ever get.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 2:36 pm

What do you expect, the same 2/3 who always come out claiming we're gonna lose every game,
Are still stuck in the past of the farm wars and wish Brent was still here cause we were shit all over and that's all they can take Argyle being shit.

It's the same negatively from them every day of the year.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 2:38 pm

Anyway just cause soundbite knows details of contracts etc.

Doesn't mean they want to follow him to a bus stop near Blackpool.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 3:32 pm

Jethro wrote:
What do you expect, the same 2/3 who always come out claiming we're gonna lose every game,
Are still stuck in the past of the farm wars and wish Brent was still here cause we were shit all over and that's all they can take Argyle being shit.

It's the same negatively from them every day of the year.

Just let them wallow in their pit of negativity, if Freathers doomladen predictions had even the slightest credibility over the past few seasons.
Argyle would be in National League South by now. lol!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 5:20 pm

[quote="PlymptonPilgrim"]Have we ever had a Chairman who's put £15 m of his own money into the club? A Chairman who cleaned up Brent's mess and actually did what he said he would do and finish the Mayflower stand?

There is now a much more professional image about the club, both on and off the field, the back room staff are top quality, the preparation for games, the media, the academy, the training facilities, all have seen significant improvements under Hallett's leadership.

Players will come and go, but we now seem to be in a position where we don't actually need to sell players, and there is no doubt in my mind that the club is targeting the CCC and is capable of getting there.

I think the Chairman has proved himself up to now.[/quote]

Taking inflation into account Dan MacCauley probably put in more money. He certainly backed the Manager in the transfer market more than any owner since.

But virtually every owner/consortium I've ever known follows a similar pattern:

Big talk often accompanied by a spending spree, then when immediate success doesn't follow, the Manager becomes a scapegoat, the Club stagnates and the Owner/consortium goes from being "the saviour" to being subject to a hate campaign or just plain apathy.

I confidently predict that if Argyle don't reach the Championship within 18 months, the fans will turn on SH.

This isn't a critisism of SH, it's just the way football and Argyle in particular, is.

If you don't believe me, just look how fans seem to have turned on Lowe (as they did with Holloway, Sheriden etc etc.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 5:28 pm

Usual bollox coming out, anybody would think Preston are rolling in cash and are the only club who could be interested in any of our players, there are others and don’t forget we’re interested in a few players from other clubs
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 5:32 pm

What is astonishing, yet not surprising, is that Grovey and Freathy are so blinkered in their love for slagging off everything Argyle, that they aren’t capable of distinguishing between what has happened behind the scenes at Argyle in the last couple of years to what has historically happened before.

It is the precise attitude that has dogged Argyle for generations...’we’re shit, we’ve always been shit, and I confidently predict we’ll always be shit”.

Janner dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next