Grovehill
Jethro
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 9:33 am

Wow some of those games must have crowds of nearly 100 fans.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 9:53 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

in England the team gets announced to the crowd, in Ireland they do it the other way round.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 9:57 am

Negotiations to bring in Georgie Kelly from Ireland are proving difficult.

His Agent (Fr Dougall McGuire) is not the easiest guy to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 11:01 am

Like Lewis if he's free and means we can spend money on Garrick etc then it's worth a punt 18 month deal
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 11:13 am

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

in England the team gets announced to the crowd, in Ireland they do it the other way round.

hard to compete with Man Utd, Liverpool and Celtic games on tv i guess. Dont forgt the like a different kind of football in ireland thats a mix up of rugby, hockey and football.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 4:00 pm

The Rotherham Advertiser

ROTHERHAM United are ready to sign a new centre-forward if Freddie Ladapo makes a transfer-window exit from AESSEAL New York Stadium.

However, it won't be Irish hot-shot Georgie Kelly, the League of Ireland Player of the Year with whom they recently held talks.

With four frontmen - Ladapo, Michael Smith, Will Grigg and Josh Kayode - already on their books, the League One Millers couldn't offer the 25-year-old a deal and the free agent is now expected to sign for Plymouth Argyle.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 6:01 pm

We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 7:12 pm

I'd rather have Ladapo.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 9:03 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd rather have Ladapo.

more chance of talking peter swann's family tomove down here again than him returning lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 9:22 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Negotiations to bring in Georgie Kelly from Ireland are proving difficult.

His Agent (Fr Dougall McGuire) is not the easiest guy to deal with.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 10:17 pm

seadog wrote:
We shall see.

I'm pretty sure I saw him at the Lincoln game. Mental eyes!!

From the man in the know (Newell)
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 3:27 pm

League One side Plymouth Argyle have rejected Peterborough United’s approach for midfielder Panutche Camara, reports Football League World.
Peterborough have already had a pretty busy transfer window this month with the incomings of Bali Mumba and Callum Morton. Posh manager Darren Ferguson keen to strengthen to help his side climb out the bottom three.

Ferguson is still keen to strengthen his Posh side between now and Monday’s deadline, as his side is struggling to win football games. Tuesday’s game against Birmingham City showed that, after being 2-0 up and looking comfortable they ended up throwing it away and drawing the game 2-2.

Now Football League World are reporting that Peterborough made an approach for Plymouth midfielder Camara, but so far the approach has been rebuffed by the League One side.

Plymouth won’t want to sell Camara this month as the Green Army are looking to push into the play-offs between now and the end of the season.

They currently lie in 7th place in the third tier with their blistering start to the campaign faltering a little in more recent times, though Camara has remained a key part of the side.

Camara has made 25 starts this season and has grabbed three goals in the process. So, it’s only natural Plymouth will want to keep hold of their key midfielder, but it will be interesting to see if Peterborough and Ferguson return with another bid.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:54 pm

Jethro wrote:

League One side Plymouth Argyle have rejected Peterborough United’s approach for midfielder Panutche Camara, reports Football League World.
Peterborough have already had a pretty busy transfer window this month with the incomings of Bali Mumba and Callum Morton. Posh manager Darren Ferguson keen to strengthen to help his side climb out the bottom three.

Ferguson is still keen to strengthen his Posh side between now and Monday’s deadline, as his side is struggling to win football games. Tuesday’s game against Birmingham City showed that, after being 2-0 up and looking comfortable they ended up throwing it away and drawing the game 2-2.

Now Football League World are reporting that Peterborough made an approach for Plymouth midfielder Camara, but so far the approach has been rebuffed by the League One side.

Plymouth won’t want to sell Camara this month as the Green Army are looking to push into the play-offs between now and the end of the season.

They currently lie in 7th place in the third tier with their blistering start to the campaign faltering a little in more recent times, though Camara has remained a key part of the side.

Camara has made 25 starts this season and has grabbed three goals in the process. So, it’s only natural Plymouth will want to keep hold of their key midfielder, but it will be interesting to see if Peterborough and Ferguson return with another bid.

Why do we want a midfielder? Unless we are looking to sell one of ours?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 5:57 pm

Steven Schumacher remains hopeful that Plymouth Argyle will make at least one more signing before the January transfer window ends on Monday night.

Here are the questions to Schumacher and his answers when asked about the January transfer window and the final few days until the deadline.

We are moving towards the end of January now, any more ins and outs?

Yes, still working hard behind the scenes. We will see what business we can do. I keep saying it, we don't really want to comment too much on things until things are done because surprises happen here and there. We will keep going until the deadline on Monday.

Ryan (Lowe) often used to find it (the January transfer window) quite frustrating. Are you finding it that as well?

If you need to go and strengthen, and you need to go and bring people in if you haven't had a good start to the season or whatever and you want to do some business then it's a good opportunity for it.

But if you have got a settled team and you are confident with what your squad looks like it is a little bit frustrating because, as a manager, it takes focus away from the football.

I'm trying my best to let the people behind the scenes deal with the majority of it, talking to agents and directors, and I'm just trying to concentrate on getting the team organised.

If you can get any more business done before Monday night it would be nice wouldn't it?

Yes, it would be nice. If we manage to do that then great, and if we don't our squad is actually in a good position. Any team would want to strengthen where and when they can, and we are no different.

You said people were working behind the scenes. Presumably you mean director of football Neil Dewsnip? Is he doing a lot of the phone calling?

That's part of his role for him to take them calls and have them conversations with people that the manager does not necessarily need to do.

I'm on the phone as well to players and to agents when necessary, but that's what you have a team for. It's not just all left to one person to do these types of jobs, and Neil is really the best man for it.

How confident are you that you will have some more players in before Monday night?

We are hopeful that we will. If we do then fantastic, if we don't then no problem. I have got pretty much two players for every position.

We are working hard behind the scenes, like we have been doing for months, and we will continue to do so. As soon Monday night is gone then the planning goes on to the next transfer window. That's just how it is.

Is it likely just to be one (new signing) or would you like to get a couple?

We would like to bring one in if we could, but if anything else comes up that we feel is better for the team then we will look at that as well. It depends how much finances we have got.

Would that one signing be a striker most realistically?

Possibly.

What about any interest in your players? Has there been any inquiries or any bids?

Still no bids, no. I'm sure there will be interest because we have got good players but as of right now there is no bids for anyone. Everyone is quite relaxed about it and we are focused on Doncaster.

Will you be glad when it is Tuesday morning and you don't have to answer any more questions about the January transfer window?

Yes, because it always feels as though you are repeating yourself. I know it must be boring to read and whatever, but that's the nature of it.

I watch the Premier League managers and they all say the same things. It must do your heads in as well as journalists, but that's just how it is.

There is just that demand from fans because they are desperate for news on any new signings. You would understand that.

Look, I'm a fan as well. I'm looking over my shoulder all the time at what Everton are doing and the circus that is going on over there at the moment.

I'm a fan and I understand that's what fans want. It's exciting for them in the January transfer window, but when you are on this side of it you have just got to try and keep your focus on the next game and let the people who deal with them situations behind the scenes get to work.

Has it impacted your work as the manager too much? Have you been able to do your job as normal?

I have been able to do my job pretty much the same, and again that's what you have got a good coaching team behind you for. When you are taking phone calls or doing Press conferences, they are looking after things.

No, no change for me because the work has been done. This doesn't just happen in January. It gets done months before then anyway, and people who need to take them calls are taking them when I'm out on the (training) field.

Do you think there will be a new signing before Saturday? Is there any chance of that?

Yes, there's always a chance, we will just have to wait and see.

link

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 7:31 pm

So it's between Posh and Preston for Camara then.  Who will he chose?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 7:43 pm

we need more than one so i hope thats bs from schumacher as we may aswell give up any pipedreams of playoffs now and just hope we stay competitive till may.

Every sodding January window we fail to strengthen and its come back to bite us very hard we never learn ever.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 7:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 8:57 pm

Why would Camara join Posh? They'll be in the same League as PAFC next season-or lower!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 9:24 pm

Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Now this one’s got a touch of the Rory Pattersons about it north or south both underwhelming leagues

tumbleweed

can run and strike a ball without taking a day and an age to get a shot in so hes already miles better than what we have up front now. Hopefully he can last a full 90 minutes unlike Jephcott.

25  and already played for 5 different LoI teams?  Which would indicate that:

At least 4 Clubs didn't rate him much
No Club outside Ireland has been interested in him before
He's quick to move Club rather than work his way into the team where he is.
I'd be surprised if other EFL clubs hadn't looked at him. And then said Nah.

Well perhaps they know more than you as he’s signed for Rotherham
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 10:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Now this one’s got a touch of the Rory Pattersons about it north or south both underwhelming leagues

tumbleweed

can run and strike a ball without taking a day and an age to get a shot in so hes already miles better than what we have up front now. Hopefully he can last a full 90 minutes unlike Jephcott.

25  and already played for 5 different LoI teams?  Which would indicate that:

At least 4 Clubs didn't rate him much
No Club outside Ireland has been interested in him before
He's quick to move Club rather than work his way into the team where he is.
I'd be surprised if other EFL clubs hadn't looked at him. And then said Nah.

Well perhaps they know more than you as he’s signed for Rotherham

Lol typical Argyle January transfer window action then.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 10:19 pm

[quote="Earwegoagain"]
Jethro wrote:

Why do we want a midfielder? Unless we are looking to sell one of ours?

Perhaps the Manager wants more goals from midfield. Hoping to bag another Frio or Castle.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 10:31 pm

hope the kelly transfer doesnt haunt us but hey Jermain defoe is a free agent looking for a club to finish the season with im sure offering a luxury yauht in his wages might help get the deal over the line. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 12:28 am

So much for all those claiming to be in the know, Saying it was nailed on. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 8:20 am

I think Argo have completed all the transfer business (inbound anyway) for this window.  Lower mid-table finish it is then.  We really do need proper investment to be anything other than L1/L2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 8:38 am

Wish I had the insider knowledge that some appear to have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next