Angry
Grovehill
Jethro
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 9:29 am

Freathy wrote:
I think Argo have completed all the transfer business (inbound anyway) for this window.  Lower mid-table finish it is then.  We really do need proper investment to be anything other than L1/L2.

So just how much would you say is "proper investment"?

What would it take for you to be positive about Argyle?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 9:30 am

Graiser wrote:
Wish I had the insider knowledge that some appear to have.

I'm sure Schuey calls Freathy on a regular basis to seek his expert opinion. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 9:32 am

Hope for Wrexham fans sake those yanks don’t lose interest, I see Macfadzean has now signed for them
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:16 am

Grovehill wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I think Argo have completed all the transfer business (inbound anyway) for this window.  Lower mid-table finish it is then.  We really do need proper investment to be anything other than L1/L2.

So just how much  would you say is "proper investment"?

The type of investment that would enable Argo to get out of this division (upwards) which we don't appear to have with the current set up.  Anyone who is not completely deluded knows we won't be anywhere near the play-offs in May.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 pm

Have to hope we are going after loans or something to mix things up.

Not sure why we are going after strikers and midfielders

When the defence needs work.

Unless the striker is someone we can punt it to who can hold the ball up
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 1:17 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Freathy wrote:

So just how much  would you say is "proper investment"?

About 50,000 volts!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 5:31 pm

We signed anybody yet or what ?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 6:24 pm

Graiser wrote:
Hope for Wrexham fans sake those yanks don’t lose interest, I see Macfadzean has now signed for them

his 3rd club since leaving us... definition of a journeyman player.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 8:51 pm

looking like its going to be another shit transfer window for us as we never do buisness on the last day for aslong as i can remember.

Not happy we only brought in a midfielder that we dont play for whatever reason and its hard to judge the lad fairly when hes only getting 5 minutes to play and a defender that we were forced into singing due to Galloway who seems ok but not preferred to a shit defender in Gillesphey. We Allowed a striker to leave rather than renew his contract letting a rival team sign him up while leaving us short on numbers up front for alternative strikers to use that could change a game and no wing back cover on both sides of the pitch.

Unless Dewsnp is planning to do overtime monday without breaking the budget i cant see us bringing in anyone bar a panic loan signing in response to the window closing and we missed out on a target today.

Of course we kept hold of all our players barr Agard despite Preston's string interest in them but we haven't strengthen the squad its still thin on numbers and smaller than the other teams in the hunt for the playoffs like we were meant to be aiming for which will comeback to bite us hard like it does every season when fatigue, injuries, suspensions and form start to impact some players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 9:14 pm

Angry wrote:
looking like its going to be another shit transfer window for us as we never do buisness on the last day for aslong as i can remember.

Not happy we only brought in a midfielder that we dont play for whatever reason and its hard to judge the lad fairly when hes only getting 5 minutes to play and a defender that we were forced into singing due to Galloway who seems ok but not preferred to a shit defender in Gillesphey. We Allowed a striker to leave rather than renew his contract letting a rival team sign him up while leaving us short on numbers up front for alternative strikers to use that could change a game and no wing back cover on both sides of the pitch.

Unless Dewsnp is planning to do overtime monday without breaking the budget i cant see us bringing in anyone bar a panic loan signing in response to the window closing and we missed out on a target today.

Of course we kept hold of all our players barr Agard despite Preston's string interest in them but we haven't strengthen the squad its still thin on numbers and smaller than the other teams in the hunt for the playoffs like we were meant to be aiming for which will comeback to bite us hard like it does every season when fatigue, injuries, suspensions and form start to impact some players.

Don’t think we need to panic Angry, we’re quite strong in the striking dept and if our new midfielder can’t get into the team that means the current ones are doing well.
It’ll be good to get into the playoffs but my expectations are just to miss out, I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 9:55 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Don’t think we need to panic Angry, we’re quite strong in the striking dept and if our new midfielder can’t get into the team that means the current ones are doing well.
It’ll be good to get into the playoffs but my expectations are just to miss out, I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong.

I certainly wouldn't say our striking department is that strong,
Jephcott scores yes but i dont remember the last time he ever finished a game after 70 minutes its disgusting he cant manage 90 minutes still after 3 seasons as a pro. Hardie keeps picking up knocks and his finishing is wayward at times from golden opportunities for all those sitters he's missed his goal tally would be alot higher than it is now, Garrick works hard but his finishing isnt there and Ennis still getting fit and really needs the right partner to work with him and when you have two striker all playing the same role it doesnt work. We need a different option to those 4 who can change the fortunes when he plays and not another like for like. Some muscle and height being key that would do more to help us nick a goal then taking jephcott off for Hardie and have him marked out of the game in return.

Plus Edwards pulls up with a thigh strain we have no one barr Garrick who can play there and Garrick is a defensive player so doesnt track back like Edwards does.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 10:47 pm

It's honestly like listening to kids who have only been watching football for five minutes here sometimes. Firstly our strike force has managed to get us top three for half the season then teams post Charlton sussed out that we have a shite defence and just concentrate on cutting out those killer passes to the forwards, target, Pan, Mayor and Hardie and then put pressure on Wilson and Gillespy especially in the air from corners where we are vulnerable.. we don't need forwards unless it's a bona fide thirty goal a season guy like everyone wants and SI is not going to cash in his pension to buy.
The problem we have is we still have a shite defence, it should be obvious ffs! As for the January window it was designed so that the big clubs with money could poach our best players to save their seasons if they need or want to. It's always been that way and always will be, is all we get is the hard on inducing prospect of signing the league of Ireland guy who then signs for Rotherham with a week to go when we then sign a guy with a proven track record of injuries on loan from Swansea or somewhere who everybody then says how much potential he has bla bla bla who changes the squad not one jot. January is shite and if we get through it with our best talent intact then it's a fooking huge success.
Roll on February.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's honestly like listening to kids who have only been watching football for five minutes here sometimes. Firstly our strike force has managed to get us top three for half the season then teams post Charlton sussed out that we have a shite defence and just concentrate on cutting out those killer passes to the forwards, target, Pan, Mayor and Hardie and then put pressure on Wilson and Gillespy especially in the air from corners  where we are vulnerable.. we don't need forwards unless it's a bona fide thirty goal a season guy like everyone wants and SI is not going to cash in his pension to buy.
The problem we have is we still have a shite defence, it should be obvious ffs! As for the January window it was designed so that the big clubs with money could poach our best players to save their seasons if they need or want to. It's always been that way and always will be, is all we get is the hard on inducing prospect of signing the league of Ireland guy who then signs for Rotherham with a week to go when we then sign a guy with a proven track record of injuries on loan from Swansea or somewhere who everybody then says how much potential he has bla bla bla who changes the squad not one jot. January is shite and if we get through it with our best talent intact then it's a fooking huge success.
Roll on February.

the defence was a strong point till recently whatevers going on with it seemed to go downhill with Galloway's injury, and sped up with mark hughes taking charge of the
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:14 pm

No they worked out wilson and Gillespy are duff and target them
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 11:42 pm

Jethro wrote:

Wilson was one of the better defenders till recently but in the eyes of thickle fans your only as good as your last match
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 9:35 am

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Wilson was one of the better defenders till recently but in the eyes of thickle fans your only as good as your last match

I've pointed out Wilson just stood there watching goals go in all season. Once he stands still he seems unable to move again.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 10:47 am

See we have put a bid in for Fukin Nowan
Come on schuey & parsnip sort it out Mondays getting close
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 10:48 am

RegGreen wrote:
See we have put a bid in for  Fukin Nowan
Come on schuey & parsnip sort it out Mondays getting close

lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 5:12 pm

Steven Schumacher thought Georgie Kelly was all set to sign for Plymouth Argyle

Assumption is the mother of all feck ups. This is why im not a fan of managers particularly our managers telling the press about pending signings till the contract is signed makes them look silly when they u turn. Im sure Schuey wont be stating how close a signing is to being made till its made in future.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 6:08 pm

We know what transfer deadline day are like for us.
Gonna be quiet
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 7:19 pm

We still have the bulk of the squad that had the unbeaten run earlier in the season. Galloway is injured but Critchely has been bought in and Bolton is now fit. Likewise Agard has been replaced by the fit again Ennis. We've also got through the absence of Camara at the ACN tournament.

We haven't lost anyone to PNE and Broom has not been sold from under us. Change of manager has been dealt with as smooth as silk and the backroom has been strengthened.

So I would say we are looking good going into the final third of the season
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 8:05 pm

Have to agree with Groovey, happy to go with what we've got, hopefully no last minute departures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 8:16 pm

Quite happy with what we’ve got, wouldn’t want to rock the boat with a fill the bench signing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 8:18 pm

Sunderland 3rd in the league and sack their manager!

Ole Ryan was a lucky bloke last season!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 9:34 pm

Could do with a RWB & CB would give us the depth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions    January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions   - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2022 Transfer rumours and opinions
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next