GreenSam
hairy j
Tgwu
Jethro
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) Empty
PostSubject: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:17 pm

I'll update with news I hear (pretty much all rumours at the moment).

In:

Joe Jacobsen
Reuben Reid
Peter Hartley
Tope Obadeyi

Out:

Conor Hourihane (Bournemouth/Birmingham).

As said, just rumours but I like to keep track of them.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:27 pm

PilgrimJosh wrote:
I'll update with news I hear (pretty much all rumours at the moment).

In:

Joe Jacobsen
Reuben Reid
Peter Hartley
Tope Obadeyi

Out:

Conor Hourihane (Bournemouth/Birmingham).

As said, just rumours but I like to keep track of them.

is this a certain rumours rollicks website
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29 May 2014 17:48:47
Plymouth Argyle are on the verge of a double signing in Reuben Reid and Peter Hartley, they are also expected to sign Tope Obadeyi and Joe Jacobsen before the end of next week.
One player heading out of Home Park though could be Conor Hourihane, Plymouths captain still has another year left on his contract but a move to either Bournemouth or Birmingham City looks to be on the cards.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:30 pm

One of those 4 is from that website. Three are not.

I did say only rumours anyway, always enjoy keeping up to date with them.

First I've heard of Hourihane so decided to share.

Make of it what you will, two of the in deals are almost done.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Hourihane should, if the rumour is true and comes to fruition, command a proper fee. Let's hope we don't get held to ransom. Whathappens if Brent applies his tight fists to getting a big fee? That will be an interesting thread.

Tope - no thanks. I thought he was really average.

Peter Hartley. Defender at Stevenage and he's 36. He'll be 37 long into next season - no thanks.

Reid - yes please.

Jacobson - he's even older than Hartley. Lower league journeyman. No thanks. Actually, is that the right Joe Jacobson/Jacobsen? There can't be many people called that - he's almost 40.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Hartley is 26, not 36.

Joe Jacobson is older than him but he's only 27. Are you posting this from an FM game in 2024 or something?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:51 pm

I reckon a max of 2/5 of those may happen.

Conor won't leave.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Thought so
total bollocks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Jethro wrote:
Thought so
total bollocks

Sorry Jethro.

Does your brain not register the word 'rumour' then?
Back to top Go down
Wotton's Ashtray

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:21 pm

has there ever been a rumour thats turned out to be true from that shitty rumour site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Usually any of them involving our best players leaving are true.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:28 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Hartley is 26, not 36.

Joe Jacobson is older than him but he's only 27. Are you posting this from an FM game in 2024 or something?

Sorry, bad maths. Had a very long day/week so far.

They're still two players I don't really want here. Surely, we coukd pick up most of the best league 2 players. Our playing budget must be higher than 90% of the other clubs.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:32 pm

PilgrimJosh wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Thought so
total bollocks

Sorry Jethro.

Id think twice before starting something boy if I was you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 9:57 pm

hairy j wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Hartley is 26, not 36.

Sorry, bad maths. Had a very long day/week so far.

They're still two players I don't really want here. Surely, we coukd pick up most of the best league 2 players. Our playing budget must be higher than 90% of the other clubs.

Ok understand you made an error with their ages but why wouldn't you want them here? Both well regarded by sets of League 1 fans (especially Jacobsen) so why would he be anything other than a very good signing for a League 2 side? Think they'd both be fantastic. Hoping for some Hartley news tomorrow but we'll see how it all unfolds.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:11 pm

From what I've seen, there's not a huge difference between league 1 and 2. I can't get excited about signing players like these. I remember us signing peope like Barry Hayles, Mark Smith, Ebanks-Blake and Nalis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Jethro wrote:
PilgrimJosh wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Thought so
total bollocks

Sorry Jethro.

Id think twice before starting something boy if I was you.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers clown 
Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:46 pm

There was a rumour going around the port that the manager was boing to sign quality players.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:48 pm

hairy j wrote:
From what I've seen, there's not a huge difference between league 1 and 2. I can't get excited about signing players like these. I remember us signing peope like Barry Hayles, Mark Smith, Ebanks-Blake and Nalis.

Players of Nalis'/Ebanks-Blake quality aren't going to be coming to League 2, no matter how much money we wave around. Decent League 1 players is probably the best we can hope for.

Let's look at who our competitors are signing. York have just signed a goalie who couldn't get a game for relegated Tranmere, Cheltenham have just signed a player released from relegated Shrewsbury. It's not as if we are lagging behind - most teams haven't signed anyone yet.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Players of Nalis'/Ebanks-Blake quality aren't going to be coming to League 2, no matter how much money we wave around. Decent League 1 players is probably the best we can hope for.

Let's look at who our competitors are signing. York have just signed a goalie who couldn't get a game for relegated Tranmere, Cheltenham have just signed a player released from relegated Shrewsbury. It's not as if we are lagging behind - most teams haven't signed anyone yet.

Yeah- it looks decent when you compare/contrast it like that.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 12:00 am

Rumour that Reid might be off to Bristol City
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:36 am

I must say I find it bizarre that so many are saying that he'll re-sign for us. After scoring over 20 goals in league 2 and finding himself a free agent surely someone a rung above would take a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:50 am

The saddest thing is that we managed to bag that 20 a season striker and didn't get promoted, a massive let down for us.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:22 pm

There is a rumour that Reid will sign for Bristol City rather soon. The BCFC forums are full of it. Apparently Reid was going to sign for Pompey, But Bristol City came in with a better offer ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Still time for Brent to trump them.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 4:55 pm

This is just of of the BCFC forum threads on Reid..

I reckon Brent only offered so much and Reid told him do one [and may be reluctantly]. If not, Reid would have signed by now surely..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)   POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours) Empty

Back to top Go down

POTENTIAL TRANSFER DEALS (rumours)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next