Hugh Midde
Earwegoagain
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 9:57 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
So who is the Knight in shining armour that will save us from the Bojo?
Penny dropping yet?
There is no-one from the whole current filthy Tory brexit cabal I want to see anywhere near No10.  None of them are true Conservatives like the old One Nation and pro-EU Conservatives.  Thatcher had her issues with Europe but never in a million years would have ever dreamt of leaving. Time for a general election as soon as Bozo is booted out and get a responsible government in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 10:52 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:
During my employment if I’d had a glass of beer at my desk while I was working I’d have been sacked on the spot, no there’s no squeaky clean politician of any political persuasion but there’s plenty of oportunists

Are you actually being serious?

I assume you are wittering on about Keir Starmer being spotted with a beer in a local constituency office which was first reported 6 months ago and resurfaced recently with Boris Joh is in trouble and you talk about "opportunists?"

I really don't think you can equate whatever you did or do for a living with fighting a political campaign being on the go for 18 hours of a day and eating takeaway food in an office. Nor can you equate a drunken party in which booze was smuggled in a suitcase and a childs swing was broken with a man having a beer at the end of a gruelling day with his dinner accompanied by people he works with.

The point I’m making which you’ve obviously missed was all the talk in the media about having an alcoholic drink at your place of work, what’s the harm etc is at most places of employment it’s a sackable offence whether your working 18 hours or 18 minutes, in my company (which is government owned) we were subjected to random d&a testing and if you failed it you were out, so whether it’s Boris or Starmer alcohol shouldn’t be drunk at work,  have a cup of coffee anything but alcohol
FFS the Downing Street cabal are running the country and Starmer aspires to be, hope to christ none of these pricks have a decision to make on Putin after an 18 hour day and having a bottle of wine

FFS more false equivalence. Accept that not everyone has the same dreary working conditions as you did or do. My company for instance sometimes does trades shows, we'll usually have a beer when the traffic drops off. Similarly Starmer had a beer with a takeaway at the end of the day, no one anywhere suggests he was drunk.

I assume you think highly of Winston Churchill? He used to drink Champagne with breakfast think about that.
If your outfit is tolerant of drinking at work that sounds like it suits you, my company was never dreary far from it but when it involved the safe carriage of people over the railway network it’s zero tolerance and that’s it, you mentioned the word drunk I didn’t, many car drivers have claimed not to be drunk but have still been over the limit
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 10:57 pm

There is no knight.

Whoever they put in has to deal with the same old shitstirers on the back benches
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:04 pm

I am happy for Johnson to stay.

All the scandals and incompetence are so exciting. It would be awful to have someone dull and competent in charge.

And the longer Johnson stays the more chance we have got of rejoining the EU. Win win.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Penny dropping yet?
There is no-one from the whole current filthy Tory brexit cabal I want to see anywhere near No10.  None of them are true Conservatives like the old One Nation and pro-EU Conservatives.  Thatcher had her issues with Europe but never in a million years would have ever dreamt of leaving. Time for a general election as soon as Bozo is booted out and get a responsible government in.

You make it sound like the Government made a decision to leave the EU ?

So....you can’t trust the Government.

You can’t trust the majority of the UK to vote the ‘right’ way.

But you CAN Trust Starmer and that Circus of a Front Bench they have assembled ?

I know things aren’t great, but.....Blimey.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:29 pm

Shirley the government did decide to leave?

They took the Russian cash, told the lies, held the referendum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:44 pm

We took the decision to leave not the government
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 11:45 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Penny dropping yet?

But you CAN Trust Starmer and that Circus of a Front Bench they have assembled ?

I think the argument would be that Thatcher would not have allowed her party to be held hostage by the eurosceptics in the same way that Major and Cameron did. The prime minister who put his cock in a dead pigs mouth thought that a referendum would be the best way to beat the eurosceptics. I am not sure how that turned out.

Our membership of the EU was not a major issue until the referendum.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 12:09 am

Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:
During my employment if I’d had a glass of beer at my desk while I was working I’d have been sacked on the spot, no there’s no squeaky clean politician of any political persuasion but there’s plenty of oportunists

I assume you are wittering on about Keir Starmer being spotted with a beer in a local constituency office which was first reported 6 months ago and resurfaced recently with Boris Joh is in trouble and you talk about "opportunists?"

I really don't think you can equate whatever you did or do for a living with fighting a political campaign being on the go for 18 hours of a day and eating takeaway food in an office. Nor can you equate a drunken party in which booze was smuggled in a suitcase and a childs swing was broken with a man having a beer at the end of a gruelling day with his dinner accompanied by people he works with.

The point I’m making which you’ve obviously missed was all the talk in the media about having an alcoholic drink at your place of work, what’s the harm etc is at most places of employment it’s a sackable offence whether your working 18 hours or 18 minutes, in my company (which is government owned) we were subjected to random d&a testing and if you failed it you were out, so whether it’s Boris or Starmer alcohol shouldn’t be drunk at work,  have a cup of coffee anything but alcohol
FFS the Downing Street cabal are running the country and Starmer aspires to be, hope to christ none of these pricks have a decision to make on Putin after an 18 hour day and having a bottle of wine

FFS more false equivalence. Accept that not everyone has the same dreary working conditions as you did or do. My company for instance sometimes does trades shows, we'll usually have a beer when the traffic drops off. Similarly Starmer had a beer with a takeaway at the end of the day, no one anywhere suggests he was drunk.

I assume you think highly of Winston Churchill? He used to drink Champagne with breakfast think about that.
If your outfit is tolerant of drinking at work that sounds like it suits you, my company was never dreary far from it but when it involved the safe carriage of people over the railway network it’s zero tolerance and that’s it, you mentioned  the word drunk  I didn’t, many car drivers have claimed not to be drunk but have still been over the limit

Again you refuse to accept that your working conditions do not necessarily apply to everyone else's .

There are times and places where it is acceptable to have a work based drink, for instance with a takeaway at the end of the working day debreifing with your colleagues.

You've conveniently ignored my example of Winston Churchill I see. Funny that.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 12:10 am

Johnson now less popular than Corbyn

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You could not make this shit up if you tried. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 12:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Penny dropping yet?

Nailed it Czarks blame Bojo, blame Cameron but don't blame the voter cos they all changed their minds. There are none as deluded as the rabid remoaners.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 12:37 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Graiser wrote:

If your outfit is tolerant of drinking at work that sounds like it suits you, my company was never dreary far from it but when it involved the safe carriage of people over the railway network it’s zero tolerance and that’s it, you mentioned  the word drunk  I didn’t, many car drivers have claimed not to be drunk but have still been over the limit

Again you refuse to accept that your working conditions do not necessarily apply to everyone else's .

There are times and places where it is acceptable to have a work based drink, for instance with a takeaway at the end of the working day debreifing with your colleagues.

You've conveniently ignored my example of Winston Churchill I see. Funny that.

Haven’t ignored Churchill at all, perhaps his actions in the Dardanelles was alcohol related but I don’t see the relevance in comparisons a 100 or so years apart, for instance in his day no driving licenses were required, there were no limits on alcohol but hey ho as time progressed we learnt (or some did) that a significant proportion of work place and road accidents and any subsequent deaths were alcohol related and so limits and restrictions were imposed.
So if you want to compare our current cabal of politicians with those of yesteryear you carry on, I read that Henry 8th was a bit of a piss artist perhaps he should have a slap as well.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 3:29 am

Cameron only gave us a referendum cause he was afraid of losing to UKIP
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 3:55 am

Instead he lost to Blukip
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 4:01 am

Cameron only gave the referendum because he was so far up his own arse that he didn’t think he would lose.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 5:03 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Cameron only gave the referendum because he was so far up his own arse that he didn’t think he would lose.

That’s more like it
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 7:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 7:49 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Its quite hilarious that after talking to all the think tanks focus groups, cabinet members they all thought that good old Joe Public would fall in line with the advice of the PM and vote the right way ie remain and he would go down in history as the huge political force that made the in or out of the EU question go away for good. Whatever the remoaners tell us now the EU question always kept rearing it's head and always would do. He will go down in history and luckily for him the majority of the UK thank him for his massive arrogance. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 1:51 am

Bozo ratcheting up the fighting talk with Russia as a way of deflecting from his mess.  Says the UK is "four-square with people of Ukraine".  Really Bozo?  Most couldn't give a shit if Russia swept into Ukraine this afternoon and made it part of Greater Russia.  British people don't want low grade crap like Bozo and his useless and incompetent government who are clearly way out of their depth escalating a very dangerous international situation with Russia. Keep the f*** out of this Bozo.  Nothing to do with the UK.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 3:15 am

Freathy wrote:
Bozo ratcheting up the fighting talk with Russia as a way of deflecting from his mess.  Says the UK is "four-square with people of Ukraine".  Really Bozo?  Most couldn't give a shit if Russia swept into Ukraine this afternoon and made it part of Greater Russia.  British people don't want low grade crap like Bozo and his useless and incompetent government who are clearly way out of their depth escalating a very dangerous international situation with Russia. Keep the f*** out of this Bozo.  Nothing to do with the UK.

Doris will send over two Torpoint ferries laden with angry pitch-fork bearing remaniacs as a token gesture to help out the poor old Ukrainians. MSM will be on it like a tramp on a bag of chips for weeks on orders to flog this story to death to deflect away from Doris's current shit-show - and WTF does 'four square' even mean FFS? More Metro elite shit talk form the inner cicrle of life, i.e the M25.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 3:18 am

POI wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Doris will send over two Torpoint ferries laden with angry pitch-fork bearing remaniacs as a token gesture to help out the poor old Ukrainians. MSM will be on it like a tramp on a bag of chips for weeks on orders to flog this story to death to deflect away from Doris's current shit-show - and WTF does 'four square' even mean FFS? More Metro elite shit talk form the inner cicrle of life, i.e the M25.

they actually got two working?

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 3:19 am

UK anti-fraud minister quits over ‘lamentable’ Covid loan oversight

The minister responsible for Whitehall efficiency quit on Monday after strongly criticising the UK government’s “lamentable track record” in tackling fraud in a flagship state-backed coronavirus business loan scheme.

Lord Theodore Agnew, who has served as minister for efficiency and transformation in the Treasury and Cabinet Office since February 2020, and was responsible for efforts to counter fraud, resigned in the House of Lords.

In response to an urgent question from Labour about Covid loan fraud, he told peers he was unable to defend the government’s record.

More than £47bn was awarded to more than 1.1m small businesses under the government’s bounce back loan scheme (BBLS), which was meant to save small businesses at risk during the pandemic. The scheme was the largest component of the England’s £77bn state-backed Covid-19 loans programme.

Agnew claimed that the government, which had agreed to fully guarantee loans in the BBLS, had so far reimbursed banks almost £1bn for loans that had been defaulted on. He added that more than a quarter of this was estimated for loans that were fraudulent. Previous official estimates of loan guarantees paid out by the government — made in September 2021 — totalled just £19m.

Agnew singled out for criticism the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the state-owned British Business Bank, which administered the BBLS.

“The oversight by both BEIS and the British Business Bank of the panel lenders of BBLS has been nothing less than woeful,” Agnew said. “They have been ably assisted by the Treasury who appear to have no knowledge or interest in the consequences of fraud to our economy or society.”

The National Audit Office and BEIS have estimated that as much as £5bn could be at risk from fraudsters exploiting the weak checks that had been built into the bounce back loan scheme.

Agnew said that BEIS only employed two counter-fraud officials at the start of the pandemic, “neither of who were experienced in the subject”. He alleged that they refused to engage with the Cabinet Office’s counter fraud team.

In his resignation letter to prime minister Boris Johnson, Agnew decried the “desperately inadequate” track record of dealing with fraud. “It has certainly not been through want of trying, but the government machine has been almost impregnable to my endless exhortations,” he wrote.

Rachel Reeves, the shadow chancellor, said Agnew’s resignation was “a damning indictment of the chancellor and the government’s failures on fraud”.

“That the government’s own anti-fraud minister feels he is unable to defend the government’s record on billions of pounds of taxpayer cash gifted to criminals tells you all you need to know about the incompetence of this government,” she said.

Agnew insisted that his resignation was “no way linked” to the other scandals embroiling the Johnson government and focused his blame on Whitehall. “Any prime minister of this country should be able to reasonably expect, when taking on the mantle of power, that the levers of government were actually connected to delivering services for our citizens,” he said.

The former minister called for “urgent improvements” in lending data, “far greater challenge” of lender banks when inconsistency in the data is detected and further training of Treasury and BEIS officials in counter fraud.

He warned of a “new and dangerous phase” in the BBLS as banks were able to claim the cash from the loan guarantees without “a standard bar of quality assurance on what we expect as basic counter fraud measures”.

Agnew also alleged that “schoolboy errors” were made by officials and lenders, noting that over 1,000 companies who received bounce back loans (BBLS) were not trading before the pandemic began.

BEIS estimates suggest that overall losses due to fraud and companies unable to repay loans across all Covid schemes were likely to amount to almost £20bn, with about £17bn of these losses relate to the BBLS.

The BBLS has been criticised by public spending watchdogs for giving full government guarantees on loans handed out with only minimal checks on the borrower’s identity.

Critics say this opened the door to massive fraud and loss of taxpayer money, with officials and banks slow to tighten the rules to prevent obvious criminal activity, such as multiple applications or applications by companies set up after the start of the pandemic or dissolved before it began.

Agnew’s comments will focus scrutiny on the behaviour of lenders during the pandemic. Bankers have pointed out that they had misgivings about the scheme when it was set up and rejected accusations that they should have done tighter vetting of BBLS borrowers, arguing that the scheme was set up by the government to hand out cash as quickly as possible.

Officials at BEIS, the British Business Bank and the Treasury have acknowledged that there were risks to the scheme but say they were responding to the pressure in the first lockdown to work at speed to help small businesses whose operations were effectively stopped.

The NAO also criticised government efforts to limit taxpayers’ exposure to fraudulent loans as inadequate in a report last month, and warned that there were insufficient resources devoted to dealing with organised crime.

link
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 5:41 am

Reports coming out that Johnson had a birthday party at no10 during lockdown:

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 5:44 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Reports coming out that Johnson had a birthday party at no10 during lockdown:

so did i Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 6:06 am

Be easier at this stage to tell us when he didn't have a party,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tory Party Corruption
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next