PlymptonPilgrim
Hugh Midde
Earwegoagain
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 9:34 am

Lifted but a daily reminder to what remains of any Trolley support left here

"Absolutely zero sympathy for any Tory MP struggling to deal with Johnson’s raging dishonesty, disloyalty and car-crash incompetence…
You chose him. You backed his lies. You let him break the rules. You supported him trashing our reputation and dividing us.
He’s yours. He’s you"
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 10:24 am

And you supported the system that allows an endless succession of Eton educated toffs to fleece us all for decade after decade.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 10:36 am

Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:
POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Lifted this morning

"Northern Powerhouse. Levelling Up … just two more in the long line of worthless promises and meaningless slogans without substance or strategy behind them … like Take Back Control, Global Britain. People’s Priorities, Save Lives, Oven-ready deal. …. Lying useless charlatans"

Obviously regarding the absolutely spot on decision not to extend HS2 to Leeds. HS2 has and always will be a vanity project the UK is simply not big enough to warrant a high speed train and most of the stops between London and Birmingham have now been bypassed by it so that it takes longer to get to the metropolis than it did before, the should bin the whole lot and concentrtae on opening the branch lines to give people a greener alternative than their cars.

Tavi to Muffsville would be ideal branch-line. An idea bandied around for decades I know, but nonetheless, it would be a great commuter and tourist line if it ever happened.

Still looks miles off ever happening, then again was told Okehampton would never happen,

From the last a friend on the railway told me, Tavistock was meant to have happened, if the developer who wanted to build houses, built a railway station at the same time.

Been a while since I thought or heard about it, its filed in the never in my life time schemes.  

That was Bellway Homes, not sure what happened with them but about 10 years ago in my old job I produced a + or - 30% estimate to reinstate the line from Bere Alston to the proposed new station, personally I think that link will happen, Okehampton was first because it was the simplest with all the track and structure infrastructure still in place, Tavy to Bere Alston will be more problematic but fairly sure it will happen as there’s probably a stronger business case for it than there was at Oke.

The Monksmead development to the West of Tavistock I think is getting built by Bovis anyway it is that development that was granted on the condition that they reinstated the track between Tavistock and Bere Alston however the planners either missed or were paid to miss a clause that the railway clause was only triggered after they built 450 homes so they are building a couple of thousand houses in blocks of less than 450 at a time. I would have thought Harve would have been all over this?
As for Okehampton station Schapps last night on Spotlight was saying the Tories were the first party in fifty years to open a new line. Congratulations! What the reporter failed to pick up on was there has always been a line between Meldon and Exeter that was fully working to take aggregate from the quarry to the rest of the rail network all they had to do was put a train on it.
I will be amazed if I am alive when the line gets reinstated from Okehampton to Plymouth which should happen for all sorts of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 11:55 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Locked and loaded with Coolies in the fridge laugh

Dont miss it whatever you do 3pm Sky News...

This might dampen your ardour somewhat as Geordie Greig the pro-remain editor of the Daily Mail has been ousted. This is how the BBC first announced his appointment after he took over from pro-brexit Paul Dacre. Notice how Lord Adonis sounded really chuffed. Then John Major got into the act at private dinner in London.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then finally...

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:30 pm

Gawd help us seriously

Liz Truss is leading the pack as replacement for the Johnson. I despair surely it has to be Sunak to project at least a quality image (hopefully) to the world, to start to repair the havoc and damage done by the Trolley

Liz Truss !!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:43 pm

Flip flopped again. It was all about how useless Sunak was a while ago and how hunt the cnut was going to head up a coalition government of reconciliation. How has that worked out pants on fire?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:46 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Gawd help us seriously

Liz Truss is leading the pack as replacement for the Johnson. I despair surely it has to be Sunak to project at least a quality image (hopefully) to the world, to start to repair the havoc and damage done by the Trolley

Liz Truss !!

The globetrotting Liz Truss seems capable unless you happen to have someone else in mind?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Lol reality bites for the Homophobic Harvester.
Everybody needs to boycott the ballot box or do what I do and spoil their paper and demand real change in politics.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 12:59 pm

I personally don't think Johnson is going anywhere yet there is still far too much bad news around regarding Covid and all the inflation and high energy prices as a result. Maybe come the spring when their is good news about then the knives will come out and he will get replaced with someone just as bad or worse. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Something will bring him down fairly soon I reckon.
He’s failed to tackle any issue effectively, least of all the avalanche of illegals crossing the channel.
Such is the dire quality of MPs though, I can’t think of any stand out candidate.
Guessing Harve has heard on Twitter that Sunak is an ardent Remainer.
I see uber slimeball Gove is high on the betting odds. God help us.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Jethro wrote:
POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Lifted this morning

"Northern Powerhouse. Levelling Up … just two more in the long line of worthless promises and meaningless slogans without substance or strategy behind them … like Take Back Control, Global Britain. People’s Priorities, Save Lives, Oven-ready deal. …. Lying useless charlatans"

Obviously regarding the absolutely spot on decision not to extend HS2 to Leeds. HS2 has and always will be a vanity project the UK is simply not big enough to warrant a high speed train and most of the stops between London and Birmingham have now been bypassed by it so that it takes longer to get to the metropolis than it did before, the should bin the whole lot and concentrtae on opening the branch lines to give people a greener alternative than their cars.

Tavi to Muffsville would be ideal branch-line. An idea bandied around for decades I know, but nonetheless, it would be a great commuter and tourist line if it ever happened.

Still looks miles off ever happening, then again was told Okehampton would never happen,

From the last a friend on the railway told me, Tavistock was meant to have happened, if the developer who wanted to build houses, built a railway station at the same time.

Been a while since I thought or heard about it, its filed in the never in my life time schemes.  

That was Bellway Homes, not sure what happened with them but about 10 years ago in my old job I produced a + or - 30% estimate to reinstate the line from Bere Alston to the proposed new station, personally I think that link will happen, Okehampton was first because it was the simplest with all the track and structure infrastructure still in place, Tavy to Bere Alston will be more problematic but fairly sure it will happen as there’s probably a stronger business case for it than there was at Oke.

The Monksmead development to the West of Tavistock I think is getting built by Bovis anyway it is that development that was granted on the condition that they reinstated the track between Tavistock and Bere Alston however the planners either missed or were paid to miss a clause that the railway clause was only triggered after they built 450 homes so they are building a couple of thousand houses in blocks of less than 450 at a time. I would have thought Harve would have been all over this?
As for Okehampton station Schapps last night on Spotlight was saying the Tories were the first party in fifty years to open a new line. Congratulations! What the reporter failed to pick up on was there has always been a line between Meldon and Exeter that was fully working to take aggregate from the quarry to the rest of the rail network all they had to do was put a train on it.
I will be amazed if I am alive when the line gets reinstated from Okehampton to Plymouth which should happen for all sorts of reasons.

Was always the summer service on sundays up to okehampton. Stone finished about 10-15 years ago, but is meant to be restarting for HS2.

Okehampton is the cheap easy option, Getting meldon viaduct up to standards to carry trains again is the biggest issue with the northern route.
why they have gone with the cheap option of making Dawlish a concrete paradise.

Right now can't see Tavistock or the northern route carrying trains in my life time.
Cause in reality to those in Westminster the railway stops west of salisbury and taunton.
Anyway sorry for drifting this thread slightly.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 1:51 pm

More like shunted it into a sideline! Very Happy

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:01 pm

I'm sure it will soon get shunted back onto something else shortly.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 2:57 pm

True.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 4:13 pm

There’s always light at the end of the tunnel!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 4:19 pm

I have a nose full of bogies.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 4:27 pm

Off topic FFS! Unless you are making a good railway pun there.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 5:51 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I have a nose full of bogies.

I see what you did there! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 7:10 pm

seadog wrote:
Off topic FFS! Unless you are making a good railway pun there.

Relax, let off a bit of steam. There are professionals who could train you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 8:10 pm

You could be a sleeper for the Farm, just keeping on track until we run into the buffers.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 10:26 pm

We have plenty of old buffers on here!

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 10:54 pm

It's okay I can shunt this off this siding myself.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Remember kids, always stand behind the yellow line, You could get sucked off......
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 11:56 pm

FWIW, the Tavistock-BA reopening was granted £50k under the government reopen your railway scheme in order to update the business case. What it will probably lead to is another bunch of studies similar to last feckin bunch of studies carried out in 2009 which will then need to be updated in 2031 by which time the cost will be £250m.Makes my piss boil but i will be taking a trip up to Okey next week and have a ride on the "new" line. Won't go on Saturday or Sunday, probably be absolutely rammed-hope NR don't neglect the facilities on Okehampton station, the cafe was very good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 11:57 pm

no idea who siraj is but im told his tweets on exposing the corruption of train spotters are to be believe over everyone elses.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:59 am

This is a man not so much out of his depth but with his feet actually touching the Mariana Trench.

Tobias Ellwood former defence minister giving a masterclass to the Trolley on how to deal with his bluster and goal post moving

Liason Committee this Wednesday just gone. Watch for Johnsons smirk at the end knowing that Ellwood is time limited on questions. Vile repulsive charlatan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tory Party Corruption
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next