John Lloyd - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Peggy wrote:
You're in good company, Pepsi - I've been two of the things on his list, too Cool

When were you ever a Liberal councillor lol!

Shhh!

You didn't think Militant were the only entryists, did you?

queen

I was in Militant for about 4 years. We used to ritually sacrifice Liberal councillors before every readers' meeting Very Happy

My Uncle was heavily involved in Nottingham in the 80's. Got pretty hairy during the miners strike.

He grew a beard?

lol! He was also going to go on hunger strike and chain himself to the pit gates scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Oddball wrote - It sounds like a C.P. person who is firing the bullets.The mobsters are running wild.PASOTI is really going downhill.

He's not the first. Plead ignorance here - what is a CP??
Tried to work it out but my old head can't come up with anything but Central Park and I know that's not right!!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Merv -

CP = Contingency Plan; a reference to the Contingency Plan Committee, a committee set up by, amongst others, The Supreme Leader, Nool, Graham Clarke and PL2 (Ian De-Lar) to get Brent across the line as the new owner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Merv -

CP = Contingency Plan; a reference to the Contingency Plan Committee, a committee set up by, amongst others, The Supreme Leader, Nool, Graham Clarke and PL2 (Ian De-Lar) to get Brent across the line as the new owner.

Your have forgot to mention Peter Jones, Peter Ryan and I
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Merv -

Lee, you are one of the 'amongst others' in my post. Sorry if your ego has been dented by that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Omfg   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:41 pm

'CP' is an abbreviated term for 'Cult Pork'; a nu-wave political movement founded in the rural regions of South Devon and which is primarily interested in the promotion of Pork as a product, ensuring that all pigs have their day in the sun and are able to wallow in the muck and the mire until their inevitable time comes. Cult Pork have already waged several wars in their short existence, defeating Poland and taking over Austria.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Without the CPers, the club would be dead by now.

After the BIL bid failed Guilfoyle would never have thought of asking someone who had already expressed an interest, if he was still interested.

The whole way that things developed so that there was only one interested party who was able to dictate terms (I'm not saying anyone like the staff got shafted) needs to be looked into.

And I'm not blaming Guilfoyle who was only able to act within certain boundaries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Merv -

Lee, you are one of the 'amongst others' in my post. Sorry if your ego has been dented by that. Very Happy

I knew somebody would bite, surprised it was you after the conversation we had via facebbok today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Merv -

I knew somebody would bite, surprised it was you after the conversation we had via facebbok today.

The trouble is, Lee, what you posted here is something I wasn't at all surprised to see from you. Maybe a bit more thought about your public pronouncements might be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Peggy wrote:
You're in good company, Pepsi - I've been two of the things on his list, too Cool

South Molton, North Devon (Jeremy Thorpe Country) 1965 - 67 when I moved to Plymouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks Andy and Mock - all is clear now. Depending on which meaning I use. Interchangeable I guess.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 pm

It's always good to see several shop stewards on the shop floor, don't you think Lee? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Peggy wrote:

South Molton, North Devon (Jeremy Thorpe Country) 1965 - 67 when I moved to Plymouth.

Was it you who coined the phrase 'Vote Liberal or we'll shoot your dog' ? Or is that more recent?

Just a young lad at the time you see Pepsi, in fact 2 years old.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Pete, I'm just curious, do you still support the Liberal Party or have your politics changed?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 pm

GOB wrote:
Pete, I'm just curious, do you still support the Liberal Party or have your politics changed?

Dont really want to discuss my politics, I once sponsored a Tory councillor in Peverell because I knew him at work and thought him a decent bloke. But in general my politics have not changed, but was not enthusiastic when the Liberals became LibDems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:06 pm

The Liberal Party still exists though doesn't it?

I know it is a tiny membership, but didn't they oppose joining forces with the SDP at the time and kept the deep orange logo, forcing the LibDems to go gold?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Yes it does, they have Council Members in Exeter. I became disenchanted with the Jeremy Thorpe fiasco, had actually wired his cottage in North Devon and his then wife used to come in our shop.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:13 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
'CP' is an abbreviated term for 'Cult Pork'; a nu-wave political movement founded in the rural regions of South Devon and which is primarily interested in the promotion of Pork as a product, ensuring that all pigs have their day in the sun and are able to wallow in the muck and the mire until their inevitable time comes. Cult Pork have already waged several wars in their short existence, defeating Poland and taking over Austria.

lol! pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

pepsipete wrote:
Yes it does, they have Council Members in Exeter. I became disenchanted with the Jeremy Thorpe fiasco, had actually wired his cottage in North Devon and his then wife used to come in our shop.

I was living in old Barum town at the time of the Thorpe fiasco (early 70's?) he went overnight from old ladies flirting with him and getting followed everywhere by a band of adoring public to unable to appear in public overnight, I think it almost killed the liberal party in them parts. (If you are not familiar with the story he cheated on his wife with another man, I then think said man had his dog shot.)

Not that this has anything to do with JL I hasten to add. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

John Lloyd
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5