Sir Francis Drake
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:59 pm

John Lloyd seems to be the latest to attract the attention of the anonymous keyboard warriors over on Pasoti.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=64542&start=180

I can't think of a better example of how their controlling mechanism operates.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:10 pm

What an attempt at a character assassination. Hasn't John Lloyd been around for years pootling along doing things for the Development Trust and Club. Maybe his 'crime' was doing it all in peacetime and over a long period. The information could have only come from a member of the very small group of the CPers. Nasty just nasty.
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:23 pm

I've had a read of that thread, and while I disagree with a fair amount of what John says, the comments that follow are, by and large, a disgrace. it's another example of the mob mentality on there. There's no attempt to debate, and the slurs on John's character are quite appalling. Pasoti fell into the sewer with it's disgraceful pandering to the racism of many posters on there recently. This episode shows that it is still being dominated by characters who are happy for it to remain in that sewer.
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Character assassination seems to be the order of the day on the Farm of late.John Lloyd being the latest target.It sounds like a C.P. person who is firing the bullets.The mobsters are running wild.PASOTI is really going downhill.
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:44 pm

I can only think of one reason why someone would want a deep throat!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 pm

What it basically boils down to, is, 'WHERE were YOU in the WORR?!!!111one!!1'.

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Elias

Elias

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Problem is the 'traditional' supporters groups are in my opinion on their way out, the internet is taking over.
Message boards accessible to all are taking their place, immediaite opinion/analysis/comment is the order of the day.

Certainly it has helped mobilise the masses to help the club survive.

Supporters branches were (ARE) a good way of bringing people together, but now to meet an fellow fan via this type of board is a bit like internet dating really......................you never know who you are going to meet !!!!!

One thing i will say is this- supporters groups representatives have to be elected, what election takes place for MODS on any message board whats the process ????

Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:22 am

There's a very strange culture that's being bred over there.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:31 am

It's just plain odd. John hasn't always been correct (though very rarely has he been drastically wrong either), but he holds himself with a certain dignity and respect. It's not like he's some maverick who deserves any abuse at all, yet "the pack" are on him like badgers on crack.

pig
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:41 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Problem is the 'traditional' supporters groups are in my opinion on their way out, the internet is taking over.
Message boards accessible to all are taking their place, immediaite opinion/analysis/comment is the order of the day.

Certainly it has helped mobilise the masses to help the club survive.

Supporters branches were (ARE) a good way of bringing people together, but now to meet an fellow fan via this type of board is a bit like internet dating really......................you never know who you are going to meet !!!!!

One thing i will say is this- supporters groups representatives have to be elected, what election takes place for MODS on any message board whats the process ????

I believe there are 10 'owners' of Pasoti. It has been stated to me by one of them, on Exeweb of all places, that there is no intention of these owners opening the forum up to any democratic process. 'It works well as it is'............ or words to that effect.
ATD will hold elections in May. As with any democracy, there will be qualification criteria, such as length of membership time and posting levels, to avoid an organised minority seeking to seize control and then make the forum less democratic, a mirror image of Pasoti.
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:44 am

Its a shame that Chris Webb's plea for unity doesn't apply to the coward hiding behind the "Deep Throat" username.

Obviously if you are a big name on pasoti you are allowed numerous accounts (only to be used for character assassinations though).

Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 am

Don't the pack of rear end licking do as they are told trust in brenters (RELDATATTIB has a certain ring to it) question why people like JL and Baba just to name 2 are asking the questions that they are?
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:52 am

Absolutely disgusting. John was doing the business for this club before some of our so-called leaders were out of nappies.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 am

Brent is not a fool. He has empowered certain individuals for a reason. Just can't work out with any certainty, why ?

Maybe he believes they are representative of the fanbase and that all Argyle junkies are the same ?
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:39 am

A quality post on the subject by JonB.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

On the farm ?
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 am

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

On the farm ?

Yes. I forgot to do the link.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 am

As FB says, good post by JB. Unfortunately it'll be ignored by most. Very noticeable that posters who have rarely posted (or who have recently joined pasoti) seem to be an authority on events going back a few years and are on the attack.

This is from Deadly Lampshade-

"What an absolute tool. No wonder why people react the way they do. Can't the Mods ban this pleb for being a doughnut? Pure 100% troll, no intention of going to a match, you can just tell it by the way he rights. On the ignore list for me from now on." (is the 'rights' deliberate?)

"Point of order Ollie. I have never seen IJN offer to arrange a meet between Grovehill and James Brent before." (Lampshade registered 06 Mar 2012, this post was on 09 Mar 2012)

I would guess the multi accounts policy has been relaxed for some. Maybe the creation of a spoof ADT forum reignited the hunger to have tens on accounts?
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 am

It's posts like those that make me want one of the Pasoti Mods to have either a moment of clarity, or some kind of breakdown, and press a button which reveals who all the members are Razz

How many accounts do you think the chosen few are allowed to get their point across more vociferously? scratch

Can you imagine the fall-out if everybody was unmasked? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:49 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

And IJN disagrees with almost every word of Jon B's post! Now the only surprising thing about that statement is that he said it just like that without any snide comments added.
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:15 pm

To be fair John has bought this on him-self.

I don't think his post was helpful and this is the same John that posted wake me up when I have my football club back.

Lee
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
To be fair John has bought this on him-self.

I don't think his post was helpful and this is the same John that posted wake me up when I have my football club back.

Lee

So do you think he should of kept his mouth shut?
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:23 pm

No he is entitled to his opinion like we all are.
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
No he is entitled to his opinion like we all are.

I can't see how John deserves the venom that's been aimed at him on there, though, Lee. it would be interesting to contrast John's record of support for the club with the records of some of those who are pulling out the 'what did you do for the club' line of attack. But, of course, to do that, people would have to step out from behind their pseudonyms, and that in itself would be quite an interesting exercise. Dogger, Deep Throat, Deadly Lampshade et al all seem to post in similar styles with similar lines of attack against anyone who dares to post anything even vaguely 'out of line'. Could they by chance be related?
Back to top Go down

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:38 pm

I have no clue Andy.

I am upset with John's post yes I think it was misguided, I don't believe you can have your cake and eat it.

There are also some posters on PASOTI who use there real name like Lee Jameson and John Petrie.

But not often do I agree with Dogger or Deep Throat but on this one I do. Should they use there real names? Yes.

Lee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Lloyd Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Lloyd   John Lloyd Empty

Back to top Go down

John Lloyd
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next