Damon.Lenszner
Freathy
Tringreen
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:35 pm

It's being said that Sheridan lives in Leeds with his family, comes to Plymouth on Thursdays then goes home on Saturday evening. If this is true words fail me. Again.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:41 pm

I doubt that's true for a second it seems too silly for it to be. The job is far too full on to do it like that. However, if it is true then words would fail me but it wouldn't shock me.

We all know how little Brent gives a shit about the club.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Maybe the reluctant one is moving toward appointing a voluntary, part time manager.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Very difficult to believe even for the most cynical. But it could partly explain why we're so hopeless and unprepared all the time. And I wouldn't put it past brent to employ a manager on a part time basis to save money.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Why signa three year contract and not live here? If that's true, Sheridan must be mad. Did Holloway and Pulis live here? I know Sturrock lived in The Dolphin pub but that was ok.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
It's being said that Sheridan lives in Leeds with his family, comes to Plymouth on Thursdays then goes home on Saturday evening. If this is true words fail me. Again.
If he was the manager of a serious club he would have to move here or not have the job, but as we know pafc is the home of the gratefuls, grateful for a point against a mid table fourth division club, grateful for a new ministand, grateful for a sticker,grateful for yet another relegation battle, the day this club moves forward will be the day it stops being grateful for accepting crap and the promoters of crap.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:26 pm

I said that his family interests must be playing on his mind - I predict Barnsley could be looking for a new manager soon, if not there will be plenty of northern musical chairs in any case!!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Holloway moved here with his wife. Pulis's wife and family lived in Bournemouth - he would go back after a game and be back on a Monday morning. Many weekends his wife would come and stay in Plymouth.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Cheers Damon. That's two thumbs up today. I am not gay for you but it's njce to have some real people on here rather than caricatures of hatred. He should be living in the city.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
 If he was the manager of a serious club he would have to move here or not have the job, but as we know pafc is the home of the gratefuls, grateful for a point against a mid table fourth division club, grateful for a new ministand, grateful for a sticker,grateful for yet another relegation battle, the day this club moves forward will be the day it stops being grateful for accepting crap and the promoters of crap.
Grateful for a manager that only turns up to work 3 days a week apparently?
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Over there everyone's favourite bin rifler is rubbishing the rumour. So there must be something in it.Suspect 
Back to top Go down
mandela

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:20 pm

There was a post about it on PASOTI by Damon Leznar but they quickly deleted it becasue they don't like him very much.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:46 pm

He lives on the barbican
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:59 am

Who Sheridan?
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:05 pm

John Sheridan is a Weatherman....

Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:47 pm

argyl3 wrote:
John Sheridan is a Weatherman....

.... and so is Michel Fish.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Just posted this elsewhere but it fits here too.

Do we expect Sheridan to be working 9-5, Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week? Of course not.

I would be amazed if any hours were actually stipulated in his, or any other manager's, contract. How could they be when kick-offs get moved around a couple of months in advance of games and contracts are signed, possibly, a couple of years before them?

So the question of "is Sheridan working part-time?" is unanswerable in any context outside a football one.

Besides what is actually "normal" working time for a manager (or players for that matter)? Obviously they need to be there for matchdays but they can't train every day and, ideally, they probably need a rest day after each appearance in a game. So routinely they'd have Sunday off and often a Wednesday. They'd probably only do light training the day before a match so that's some Monday's and Fridays. Which only leaves Thursday. And then there's travelling up and down for meetings, scouting players and God knows what else. It must be easy to tot up the "required" 40 hours a week even if only, say, 10 of those hours were spent at Home Park.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:30 pm

I agree with you SFD that there will be no hourly stipulation in his contract but you routinely hear of managers being a constant presence at the club, working 16 hours a day etc. I don't think the most successful managers in the game would only be at the ground/training ground 3 days a week, particularly when their team is performing poorly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:39 pm

But he doesn't have to be at the ground to be working, does he?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:46 pm

You're being obtuse though SFD, the rumours about Sheridan being part time started when it was mentioned he hadn't been seen at training recently, I would add that training a team that is underperfoming is THE most important job for the manager to be doing.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:48 pm

The most worrying aspect of this is that any of the posters who would be regarded as in the know only attack the credentials of the posters making the comments not actually put the rumour to bed.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:45 pm

The club have been asked. Presumably there will be a prompt reply that will either confirm, deny or, conceivably, a refusal to answer.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:47 pm

knecht wrote:
The club have been asked. Presumably there will be a prompt reply that will either confirm, deny or, conceivably, a refusal to answer.
in 3 months time im sure and only on a/w.
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Iggy wrote:
The most worrying aspect of this is that any of the posters who would be regarded as in the know only attack the credentials of the posters making the comments not actually put the rumour to bed.
This ^

Reading that thread on Pasoti, the first thing that struck me is, that whilst everyone is quick to lay-in to Damon, the actual question isn't being addressed in any decipherable fashion, or, even more worrying, refuted!
Back to top Go down

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
But he doesn't have to be at the ground to be working, does he?
How long would Sir Alex Ferguson have left Carrington unattended whilst his team was in a crisis?
How long would Wenger be absent from Colney?

This Saturday we played a new formation that had a promising start and is certainly worth sticking with. I would have thought given the state of the club at the moment being at the ground is exactly where he should be.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Sheridan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Sheridan    John Sheridan  Empty

Back to top Go down

John Sheridan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next