RegGreen
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 9:32 pm

Tgwu wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Gee, if he was to go I'd be a tad narked. He is a perfect fit for Argyle and he can take the club where he wishes over the next couple of years.

He he goes, your be more then naked he take all his back room staff he brought in when he was made manager.

The more (people) he takes, the more compo we'd be due. It would be a fair few hundred thousand £££'s. What is the state of Boltons finances? Because a short while ago they couldn't afford the milk to go in the tea. If they are going to pay a sizeable 6 figure sum for compo as well as give Lowe the salary and playing budget he'd demand, then they will be spending a fair amount.

I'd rather he stay, but am realistic enough to know he has no loyalties to us. I still think the compo amounts will be sufficiently high enough to cool any Bolton interest.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 9:44 pm

Bolton have new owners with money to spend and they'll be looking to bounce back at the first attempt. I think they'll be able to pay compo to us without too much trouble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 9:52 pm

Freathy wrote:
Bolton have new owners with money to spend and they'll be looking to bounce back at the first attempt. I think they'll be able to pay compo to us without too much trouble.

that they may have however they are not going to be spending big next season no team is really and they will want to be making money before they start buying managers and their backroom staffs out of contracts.

I personally cant see ryan being interested in that job in truth what has he got to gain in going to Bolton.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

that they may have however they are not going to be spending big next season no team is really and they will want to be making money before they start buying managers and their backroom staffs out of contracts.

I personally cant see ryan being interested in that job in truth what has he got to gain in going to Bolton.

Bolton are a bigger club with way bigger potential and a bigger player budget. And they're near his home. I can't see why he would not go there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 10:18 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Bolton are a bigger club with way bigger potential and a bigger player budget. And they're near his home.  I can't see why he would not go there.

they have no potential they struck it luck under big sam years ago who had them punching above their weight for along time and they have been in freefall ever since. If they were still in league one even i could see logic in him going there but not when they have been relegated and the club is on a major rebuild financially aswell as club structure. Again they are not going to want to pay us around £1-2m to take all the staff ryan brought with him.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 10:16 am

We've got a good manager, other clubs will come sniffing which happens to every club unless its Madrid or Barca.

He could really build something special here with us, hopefully he can see that. Bolton will never get back to their recent glory days, as Angry says they got lucky with Big Sam.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 1:30 pm

I've said all along that he's not here for the long haul. Not moving house (despite what Angry says) tells every other Club that he'd look at anything closer to home.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 1:44 pm

All this crap about we don't have to spend money because no one else in league 1 will either is as I said just crap. There will be loads of clubs willing and able to invest because they will see an opportunity to get the jump on clubs that won't. They might not be as "sustainable" as us but they will as always beat us to player signings, steal our better players for fook all and steal our manager if they want him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I've said all along that he's not here for the long haul. Not moving house (despite what Angry says) tells every other Club that he'd look at anything closer to home.

quote me right grovehill i said it doesnt matter where he lives aslong as he does the job well which so far he is it matters only to you where he lives i dont, i too never believed he was here for the long term and yes he does have a residence in the city.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 5:12 pm

Rochdale have released all 8 players that were out of contract due to the covid impact on finances (Simon Hallett agrees with their reasoning on twitter), included highly rated Callum Camps (decent Sarcevic replacement) and top scorer Ian Henderson.

Rochdale Football Club can announce its retained/released list following the conclusion of the 2019/20 season.

All out of contract players, which include Josh Lillis, Ryan McLaughlin, MJ Williams, Calvin Andrew, Callum Camps, Aaron Wilbraham, Matty Gillam and Ian Henderson, have been released.

Options have been taken up on the contracts of Lewis Bradley, Fabio Tavares and Harrison Hopper, which will extend their stay until the summer of 2021.

Meanwhile, the Youth Team’s Joe Dunne has been offered his first professional contract.

Loan players Rhys Norrington-Davies, Tyler Smith, Robert Sánchez and Luke Matheson have all returned to their parent clubs.

Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the uncertainty of when we will return to playing football in front of crowds, it has been decided by the Board of Directors in conjunction with the Manager, Brian Barry-Murphy, not to offer new contracts to the above players who have been released.

The Club will also not be entering into contract negotiations with free agents until the future of the 2020/21 season is made clearer.

The Club wishes to make clear that contract negotiations had taken place with Ian Henderson during the 2019/20 season, but that an agreement could not be reached. We thank Ian for his unstinting service to Rochdale Football Club in the last seven years, which has seen him become the Club’s second highest ever goalscorer on 126 goals and he leaves us with legendary status amongst our supporters.

Callum Camps departs after over ten years of service to the Club, having been a product of our Academy. He has gone on to make over 230 professional appearances in a Dale shirt and we thank him for his commitment throughout all stages of his career with us.

We also want to thank Josh Lillis who has been with us since 2012. He leaves as the record appearance holder for a goalkeeper as well as record clean sheet holder.

Calvin Andrew has also been an incredible servant to the Club both on and off the pitch. He has been an important part in our success on it, but his work in the community around Rochdale has been second-to-none and he was recently named as the PFA’s League One Community Player of the Year.

Our thanks also go to Ryan McLaughlin, MJ Williams, Aaron Wilbraham and Matty Gillam, who have all played their part in Rochdale Football Club surviving in the third tier of English football for what will be a seventh consecutive season.

We would like to place on record our huge thanks to all of those who are leaving the Club for their contribution to the Dale cause during their time at the Crown Oil Arena and wish them all the best for the future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

quote me right grovehill i said it doesnt matter where he lives aslong as he does the job well which so far he is it matters only to you where he lives i dont, i too never believed he was here for the long term and yes he does have a residence in the city.

I didn't quote you-you may not care where he keeps his family home, but other clubs will be aware-same situation as Coughlan leaving the Turnips for Walsall
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Mook wrote:
We've got a good manager, other clubs will come sniffing which happens to every club unless its Madrid or Barca.

He could really build something special here with us, hopefully he can see that. Bolton will never get back to their recent glory days, as Angry says they got lucky with Big Sam.

FFS, Bolton were a big club before Alladyce was even born.

Lowe's got a tough choice- a 250 mile commute to a yo-yo 3rd/4th Division Club who's owner has just said he's fed up signing the cheques, or an ex Premiership Club with a nice stadium, and dozens of potential signings within a stones throw, just a quick drive from his home

Tough call.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
All this crap about we don't have to spend money because no one else in league 1 will either is as I said just crap. There will be loads of clubs willing and able to invest because they will see an opportunity to get the jump on clubs that won't. They might not be as "sustainable" as us but they will as always beat us to player signings, steal our better players for fook all and steal our manager if they want him.

Agreed. When we're rock bottom of L1 at the business end of next season after making no signings or cheap crap signings Hallett won't be so popular with his no more investment stance.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 12:04 am

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Agreed.  When we're rock bottom of L1 at the business end of next season after making no signings or cheap crap signings Hallett won't be so popular with his no more investment stance.

So just so we’re clear, Freathy says stuff like this just to wind us all up yeah?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 12:08 am

No he means it! affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Freathy and I have been around long enough to know that being negative(realistic) about PAFC usually means you are right.

At the moment, the owner has made it plain he won't/can't sign any more cheques, the retained list shows the Club is keeping players who struggled to meet the standard last year (or even struggled to get fit) we have no senior goalkeeper and the Manager (and presumably a coach) doesn't even want to live anywhere near where his team is based! Oh, and don't forget that the future of the club is heavily reliant on "hospitality" thanks to the White Elephant Stand

Glass half empty, not half full.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 12:32 pm

Freathy would find a negative out of a positive any day of the week, we could be top of the Premier and about to win the European cup and there’ll be a negative.

For crissakes the retained list has only been out just over a week and he’s waiting for responses, when has a view on that he’ll go for his targets, but don’t be surprised if that doesn’t happen as quick as we would like, the club needs to know how/ when the new season will commence, behind closed doors or reduced capacity because as soon as a new player is signed we’ll have to take on that expense.
As for a senior GK that could well be Cooper who knows, he’s the manager let him manage.
As for SH his goal is for PAFC to wash its face financially, so his latest statement should be taken for the overall management to focus on generating income.
COVID 19 cannot be ignored it’ll have a devastating effect on all EFL clubs.

I believe Lowe does live here during season and Schumacher and all his family live here full time as he’s my neighbour and I’ve seen him quite regularly during lockdown.

Too much hand wringing nonsense being written by perhaps some posters who appear to be negative towards SH which even the most pessimistic amongst us feel it’s a bit strange.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 12:53 pm

freathy is rarely proven wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Angry wrote:

Only nearly every time
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 5:03 pm

I’m as much of a pessimist/realist as anyone I know, and yet I find it quite sad that people like Grovey and Freathy are completely unable to glean any pleasure whatsoever from anything Argyle related. Ever. There is help available for these type of issues these days. They genuinely should seek it.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Only nearly every time

I agree.  Apart from guessing a few bad results when we were playing poorly (How hard was that?), I struggle to find anything Freathy is 'right' about.  Only  last week he was predicting we would have to go through the play-offs to win promotion, when the idea itself wasn't even among those being considered by the EFL.

Freathy used to be funny.  Now he is just a bore.

Grovey is something else. He ignores facts completely and just ploughs on with his theories regardless of any reality.  The most ludicrous being that Simon Hallett is the front for a consortium.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I’m as much of a pessimist/realist as anyone I know, and yet I find it quite sad that people like Grovey and Freathy are completely unable to glean any pleasure whatsoever from anything Argyle related. Ever. There is help available for these type of issues these days. They genuinely should seek it.

Thanks for the diagnosis Doctor.

I'm enough of a realist to know that the suspension of football came at just the right time for Argyle- a bad result against Exeter City and we might have been in the playoffs, not them, same if the full season had been played out.

The big picture is that it's been downhill all the way for PAFC since the time of Holloway. We've gone from being a yo-yo D2/D3 club the a yo-yo D3/D4 Club. In that context, there's little reason to celebrate a promotion by default out of the bottom Division.

Despite SH's uber positive "messages to the fans," the reality is that things aren't that good. I know it's nobody's fault, but the huge chunk of money spent on a non matchday hospitality project, will weigh down the football side of things for years to come, no wonder SH is getting twitchy about his money. His comments in today's WMN are certainly a coded warning about the shape of things to come.

On the football side, we have a terribly ineffective youth development (development? that's a laugh) system, years behind our neighbours up the A38, meaning  most parents would much rather see their child join City, who have a proven record of finding and more importantly developing (that word again) young players

The manager shows little commitment to the club (why hasn't he denied the rumours) and shows a strong preference for short term fixes in player recruitment-his preference for signing ex teammates would be laughable, if it wasn't so damaging (he goes, expect his "mates" to follow)

I've seen good management in the past at Home Park, both in the dugout and in the Boardroom-people with direction, vision and leadership, but I'm not seeing any of that now.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Grovehill wrote:

I'm enough of a realist to know that the suspension of football came at just the right time for Argyle- a bad result against Exeter City and we might have been in the playoffs, not them, same if the full season had been played out.

Stop right there. You've got that wrong. You've mistaken 'realist' for 'pessimist'.

As for the rest of your missive.... If you could open your eyes and mind, you would see that Argyle has changed a lot since Hallett took over, for same strange reason, you wish to ignore all that. Which... Is why you find yourself ever increasingly marginalized.

You refuse to accept reality.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

The big picture is that it's been downhill all the way for PAFC since the time of Holloway. We've gone from being a yo-yo D2/D3 club the a yo-yo D3/D4 Club. In that context, there's little reason to celebrate a promotion by default out of the bottom Division.

Despite SH's uber positive "messages to the fans," the reality is that things aren't that good. I know it's nobody's fault, but the huge chunk of money spent on a non matchday hospitality project, will weigh down the football side of things for years to come, no wonder SH is getting twitchy about his money. His comments in today's WMN are certainly a coded warning about the shape of things to come.

On the football side, we have a terribly ineffective youth development (development? that's a laugh) system, years behind our neighbours up the A38, meaning  most parents would much rather see their child join City, who have a proven record of finding and more importantly developing (that word again) young players

The manager shows little commitment to the club (why hasn't he denied the rumours) and shows a strong preference for short term fixes in player recruitment-his preference for signing ex teammates would be laughable, if it wasn't so damaging (he goes, expect his "mates" to follow)

I've seen good management in the past at Home Park, both in the dugout and in the Boardroom-people with direction, vision and leadership, but I'm not seeing any of that now.

That’s because you don’t want to, the management being assembled is probably the best for decades.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 7:05 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

See, there you go again. As Rickler says, just ploughing on regardless of actual facts. In your book the break came at just the right time for Argyle - this despite us winning the previous two matches 3-0 and Exeter having not won in their previous five games.

And you still do not understand that the refurb will not "weigh down the football side of things for years to come", because it is already paid for by Hallett's conversion to personal shares!

It's also passed you by in your haste to slag the Academy, that the head of that (Kevin Hodges) was sacked earlier this year and Dewsnip has been brought in to oversee a complete overhaul of the youth system.

You really need to keep up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowe promotion press conference   Lowe promotion press conference - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowe promotion press conference
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next