Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?

Go down 
+10
Sir Francis Drake
Dingle
Elias
Mock Cuncher
Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
Tringreen
Dougie
Rickler
Coxside_Green
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? Empty
PostSubject: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 am

It would appear approxiamately 1500 people are happy to be represented by The Trust.

I get the feeling, nowhere near the quoted 1500 will be voting when it comes to PASB (gasboard, whatever name). The 1500 Trust Members have no need to vote, they're already represented. Who else is going to vote and for whom?

To date, very few have had a chance to get involved. Some have even been turned away for no real reason other than 'not enough room in a half-filled small room' (not a direct quote but meaningful and can't be denied by anyone involved, including the club president).

Some of us here have more than observed the animosity towards The Trust. I could name names but no need. It's no surprise that some of those who oppose The Trust are in favour of PASB. Why?

The PASB or GASB or whatever other name it wants to be, we can't even get a correct name for it, is not needed!

How can we accept this group when so very few will actually vote for them?

If there's a way of making a public vote available (in the same way The Trust forum is open to the public) , I'd love to see the results of whether we should have GASb/PASB/WS or not, especially taking into consideration I don't even know how to refer them.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:22 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
It would appear approxiamately 1500 people are happy to be represented by The Trust.

I get the feeling, nowhere near the quoted 1500 will be voting when it comes to PASB (gasboard, whatever name). The 1500 Trust Members have no need to vote, they're already represented. Who else is going to vote and for whom?

To date, very few have had a chance to get involved. Some have even been turned away for no real reason other than 'not enough room in a half-filled small room' (not a direct quote but meaningful and can't be denied by anyone involved, including the club president).

Some of us here have more than observed the animosity towards The Trust. I could name names but no need. It's no surprise that some of those who oppose The Trust are in favour of PASB. Why?

The PASB or GASB or whatever other name it wants to be, we can't even get a correct name for it, is not needed!

If there's a way of making a public vote available (in the same way The Trust forum is open to the public) , I'd love to see the results of whether we should have GASb/PASB/WS or not, especially taking into consideration I don't even know how to refer them.

Discussion on the PasB seems to have been (delibrately?) avoided in the recent club survey?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do we know yet who the groups to be represented within the PasB are? How many members do they each have?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:14 am

The trouble with referendums is that when you ask a question you should listen to the answer, and you might not like it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Rickler wrote:
Do we know yet who the groups to be represented within the PasB are? How many members do they each have?

Tony Cholwell on the farm wrote:

Genuine question:

Have the supporters groups got together yet to determine how they will determine how to share out their 6 seats? And to follow on, how will they determine who will fill those 6 places.

On a related issue, have those supporters groups who wish to participate been able to produce membership figures and to whom have they been produced?

As I say, serious question, that appears to have gone quiet.

Oh, Mr President.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Rickler wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Genuine question:

Have the supporters groups got together yet to determine how they will determine how to share out their 6 seats? And to follow on, how will they determine who will fill those 6 places.

On a related issue, have those supporters groups who wish to participate been able to produce membership figures and to whom have they been produced?

Oh, Mr President.....

There's been a lot of post to Home Park, which could be applications for the PASB?

Or the Plymouth Chinese/Indian/Kebab/Fried Chicken delivery firms have found out Robbie Williams has re-signed and have all posted their menus in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Mr Hooper.

Should we have a vote? If the majority say no to PASB, we'll leave it at that?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Rickler wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Genuine question:

Oh, Mr President.....

Should have been sorted out when the great and the good met - how many times. How anyone walked out of the room thinking that a carve up in supporter group committee room was the way forward beggars belief. How they thought they could call the main Board to account without releasing membership figures and published accounts is also nuts. I'm sorry to go on about it but with the people involved I would have expected better. It feels (yes its only a feeling) that the closeness to Brent via The President and The Professor has already dulled the senses and made the nonsense detecting antennae go haywire - a bit starstruck if you like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:36 pm

You're not going on about it Dougie. You are pretty much saying what everyone else is thinking.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:59 pm

This topic can't be overtalked.

The good thing is Mr Brent has the fans' interests at heart. He wants us to eat the best pasties and drink the best beer. It's unfortunate he doesn't know much about football, hopefully he will catch up. He does care though, allegedly.

Unfortunately, setting up a group which can only be seen as rivalling the Trust, the Trust being the one group that someone like Mr Brent could fear, will always be seen as unfortunate (or worse).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Dougie wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Genuine question:

Oh, Mr President.....

Should have been sorted out when the great and the good met - how many times. How anyone walked out of the room thinking that a carve up in supporter group committee room was the way forward beggars belief. How they thought they could call the main Board to account without releasing membership figures and published accounts is also nuts. I'm sorry to go on about it but with the people involved I would have expected better. It feels (yes its only a feeling) that the closeness to Brent via The President and The Professor has already dulled the senses and made the nonsense detecting antennae go haywire - a bit starstruck if you like.

Dougie

I shall try to answer your questions as best Im able but others may have a different response.

In total, we met 3 times under the Chairmanship of David Wheeler from Plymouth Uni. In addition individuals and groups were able to email DW their thoughts and towards the end have face to face meetings with him.

At the final meeting he said he felt his proposals were a framework to go forward but felt that over the coming 12 months the composition/methodology would change by the new Board. His amended proposals included 6 seats up for election to include one youth (under 30!) and one female. The other six seats would be up to the supporters groups to come together and work out a way to allocate those places (another 6) amongst them selves preferably proportionately. It may have happened but to my knowledge has not. It was the stated intention that each group would bring some form of audited membership numbers with them.

The bottom line is the process needed a facilitator and DW was it aided by the President on the grounds he knew hopw to get the messgae out to the fans.

Im afraid we shall have to wait until the 30th June to find out who is nominated but I am concerned the same rigour or urgency is not being applied to the supporters groups.

Whatever the short term outcome I am sure the system will undergo radical over haul in the next 12 months so that everyone is seen to be elected by a common electorate.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 pm

tonycholwell

I understand coxside_green isn't a real name but then my only ambition here is to use a forum discussing Argyle. Why aren't you using your real name when your ambition is to represent Argyle fans (season ticket holders?)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell

I understand coxside_green isn't a real name but then my only ambition here is to use a forum discussing Argyle. Why aren't you using your real name when your ambition is to represent Argyle fans (season ticket holders?)?

I have been on the internet for about 18 years and have always been tonycholwell.

I am reasonably well known by the wider Argyle fans and they know my surname is Hooper, as does everyone who connects with me on Twitter, Facebook.

I put my nomination in to the club on Monday and confirmed it was received today. As of today I have made it clear on my signature on here and on Pasoti that my name is Tony Hooper.

I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:17 am

I could probably share a pint with you Tony (anonymously) and we'd get on well. I doubt we could ever be friends (different backgrounds).

Do you know sensible_greeny? It's just a random question. I actually doubt you're 'reasonably well known'. You know a few people in the right places would be more accurate.

This group should just die a natural death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 am

Coxside Green....I reckon there's a couple of hundred of fans both in Plymouth and around the country who know Tony Cholwell.I would say he is more than reasonably well known.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
I could probably share a pint with you Tony (anonymously) and we'd get on well. I doubt we could ever be friends (different backgrounds).

Do you know sensible_greeny? It's just a random question. I actually doubt you're 'reasonably well known'. You know a few people in the right places would be more accurate.

This group should just die a natural death.

Morning CG

Beer and farmhouse cider are major interests of mine and happily share a pint (I drive on matchdays so I only have one) with anyone who fancies a natter. In fact Ive been to one Freal Meet and will undoubtedly go to more, so pop along.

As for our backgrounds, I'll be truthful I dont know yours but mine is fairly ordinary, just an normal working class lad, council flat with no bathroom in Pimlico, moved into Surrey before down to Plymouth when I was 13. left school at 16 and worked ever since. Im 60 in November if you want to start a collection:)

I do not know sensible greeny.

But I have met Ricks and shared a pint too long ago now and it was he that persuaded me to join ATD. Fortunately I used the word "reasonably" well known, but that was on the basis im old; I go to a lot of away games; a fan Fester; belong to PASTA and FPC. All that is reflected in my 20 nominees who come from all walks of life, young/ old(er)Smile male /female, Plyouth/exiles. I am not probably in the 100 best known fans, perhaps not in the 250 but reasonably well known seems a fair description.

The PASB is not about to "die a death" it will have some teething problems no doubt, but I do believe it will play a valuable role as the years go on. Some may not like it, thats reasonable and it hasnt covered itself in glory so far, unfortaunate. But its coming and after elections in October will be a reality.

Ask not what you have to lose, but what you have to gain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:09 am

oddball wrote:
Coxside Green....I reckon there's a couple of hundred of fans both in Plymouth and around the country who know Tony Cholwell.I would say he is more than reasonably well known.

Morning Al

Your validation is very welcome as is your company on match days:)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:41 pm

You sound like a praaaaper fan to me, Tony Cholwell Hooper and I think you'll enjoy your time as one of Brent's boys.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Ha, I think Tony has the potential to be a thorn in Brenty's side...as long as he isn't seduced by celebrity and remembers he has a constituency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Tringreen wrote:
You sound like a praaaaper fan to me, Tony Cholwell Hooper and I think you'll enjoy your time as one of Brent's boys.

Tringy you are bad but I kinda like you Smile

Do you mean by Praaaaaper fan someone who actually attends matches? If so guilty as charged.

Or is it someone who has always enjoyed the social side of Argyle sometimes in spite of the football? OK Guilty then but unrepentent.

To say the last 3 seasons have been traumatic would be an understatement, but one positive to come from it has been the burgeoning friendships that have been forged out of the bad times.

As someone who accosts James Brent on a regular basis, it is safe to say I am not "one of Brents boys".

I know most people think you're a negative old b*gger but I have always taken it as jealousy that you can not share the experiences many of us on this site and the wider world do. For those that went to Accrington last season and Argyle to win 4-0 when the opposite was expected and all the lads and lasses in the open end danced and sang all game but no more so than when it hammered down with rain at the end was, well OK, magical and my personal highlight of last year.

Or was it our second 2-3 win at Eastville after being 2-0 down?

No, it was Accrington and the meat and potato pie:)

Come home Tringy, season about to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Ha, I think Tony has the potential to be a thorn in Brenty's side...as long as he isn't seduced by celebrity and remembers he has a constituency.

My background Charlie is about asking questions of people that do not want to answer them.

If elected I see no reason to change.

As one twelth of the PASB it would be hard to describe it as celebrity:)

I will still drive down to Plymouth in my van and park in the P&R, exactly as I do now.

Full details of contact details for those not on the internet coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

My background Charlie is about asking questions of people that do not want to answer them.

I will still drive down to Plymouth in my van and park in the P&R, exactly as I do now.

I did ask on another thread, to no avail, but what is the Cholwell/Hooper thing all about, Tone?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Cholwell is a place in Somerset.

It's no Kingsbridge and doesn't have any significant castles or overlords, but it does it's best.

I recks.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:46 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Tringy you are bad but I kinda like you Smile

Do you mean by Praaaaaper fan someone who actually attends matches? If so guilty as charged.

Or is it someone who has always enjoyed the social side of Argyle sometimes in spite of the football? OK Guilty then but unrepentent.

To say the last 3 seasons have been traumatic would be an understatement, but one positive to come from it has been the burgeoning friendships that have been forged out of the bad times.

As someone who accosts James Brent on a regular basis, it is safe to say I am not "one of Brents boys".

I know most people think you're a negative old b*gger but I have always taken it as jealousy that you can not share the experiences many of us on this site and the wider world do. For those that went to Accrington last season and Argyle to win 4-0 when the opposite was expected and all the lads and lasses in the open end danced and sang all game but no more so than when it hammered down with rain at the end was, well OK, magical and my personal highlight of last year.

Or was it our second 2-3 win at Eastville after being 2-0 down?

No, it was Accrington and the meat and potato pie:)

Come home Tringy, season about to start.

I'll know when it's time to stiffen the sinews and get involved again TC. Think it might be a while though.

I guess that apart from living far enough away to make physical attendance tiresome and expensive, I have also become cynical of the whole football experience in general. From sterile plastic grounds to money, or lack of it, being everything.
Argyle is in my blood but I'm unwilling to waste little more time and money on them until we have owners with cash backed ambition. It is the only way we'll ever have a chance of realising the potential of the club.
I see the last 7 years or so , as an acceptance of mediocrity and worse still, the emergence of the superfan with ambition. Well they've got their way and to me, it just looks like kids let loose in a sweet shop. What is on offer will not attract any but the terminally addicted.
I must admit that the fallings out with the Pasoti controllers have tended to polarize opinion and I now see that regime as part of the Argyle furniture.

For your part, you have always been willing to debate with me and I trust that your intentions are genuine and that you truly believe you can help the club progress.
Only time will tell I suppose and if it makes you feel good, why not ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

100% agree!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

I did ask on another thread, to no avail, but what is the Cholwell/Hooper thing all about, Tone?

When I first went on the internet about 18 years ago most people had a screen name. My name is Tony Hooper and I lived in a hamlet at the time called Cholwell, hence tonycholwell. I have never seen fit to change i even when signficant numbers of people know Hooper is my surname.

No great mystery:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next